PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of Tomb Raider Season Pass

LuisSarta
9th Aug 2018, 10:55
The Season Pass is only available in the Croft Edition?

Because this edition don't have steelcase and I've wanted the edition with the steelcase.

This is not right I've to pay more for the season pass and receive an edition with one plastic case...

Are you thinking of selling the season pass separated?

Sorry for my bas english!

Valenka
9th Aug 2018, 11:39
The season pass comes with the Croft Edition (with a steelbook case) and the Collector's Edition (without a steelbook case.) It's not right to pay $200 for a collector's edition and not get the steelbook either, but that's how they've chosen to do it.

LuisSarta
9th Aug 2018, 14:39
The season pass comes with the Croft Edition (with a steelbook case) and the Collector's Edition (without a steelbook case.) It's not right to pay $200 for a collector's edition and not get the steelbook either, but that's how they've chosen to do it.

The Croft Edition with steelcase for the EU coust: 89,99$

http://i66.tinypic.com/242g2sw.png

And the Croft edition for Europe for the same price (more or less) 89,99* don't have de steelbook case... :mad:

http://i63.tinypic.com/sdcyz6.jpg

dark7angel
9th Aug 2018, 16:51
I honestly don't even know where to get Croft Edition here in Portugal. I usually buy my games at Worten or Fnac, but both only have the Standard Edition for pre-order. And I really didn't want to order it online because of shipping costs. I'll probably just go with the Standard Edition and hope the season pass is sold separately...

Metalrocks
13th Aug 2018, 16:11
I honestly don't even know where to get Croft Edition here in Portugal. I usually buy my games at Worten or Fnac, but both only have the Standard Edition for pre-order. And I really didn't want to order it online because of shipping costs. I'll probably just go with the Standard Edition and hope the season pass is sold separately...

sounds like you try to avoid download.
at least on steam you get all versions and obviously once the new content is available, it will download it. but if its a disc version you want for what ever platform you are playing on, then of course you have to wait for the full version to be released that mostly takes nearly a year.

AdobeArtist
21st Aug 2018, 16:57
It's not right to pay $200 for a collector's edition and not get the steelbook either, but that's how they've chosen to do it.

The real issue is it's not right to pay for extra content before it's available. Season Passes are the snake oil of video games, selling the promise of quality content with nothing to show for it. And I am so sick of publishers looking for more ways to collect money from the consumer without delivering the goods into our hands, and feeling more and more entitled to those pre-emptive profits.

I'm not against companies making profit, that's what business is all about. I just say that profit (and success in general) should be earned. Demonstrate the game and it's successive material, that people will decide there's actually something worth paying for. Sure enough the money will come in, along with player satisfaction. The reputation merits alone are worth far more than the books. Not the other way around of pay now, (possibly) regret later when it doesn't meet expectation. Sure DLC can turn out to be great, but why pay for it until you're actually sure of that? It's a suckers bet.

I did want to see story based DLC for this newest entry, but disappointed they jumped the Season Pass bandwagon, which I'm sure is Square Enix's directive. Let's never forget their train wreck of the Hitman "cult recruitment" pre-order scam. :rolleyes:

JojoFerreira
23rd Aug 2018, 14:53

I'm from Portugal and i pre-order the game on this website https://www.gamingreplay.com/module/ambjolisearch/jolisearch?search_query=shadow+of+tomb
I never have problems to pre-order or buy on gamingreplay.

dark7angel
25th Aug 2018, 11:47
I'm from Portugal and i pre-order the game on this website https://www.gamingreplay.com/module/ambjolisearch/jolisearch?search_query=shadow+of+tomb
I never have problems to pre-order or buy on gamingreplay.

Thanks, Jojo. I didn't know that website! I'll check it out. :)

The real issue is it's not right to pay for extra content before it's available. Season Passes are the snake oil of video games, selling the promise of quality content with nothing to show for it. And I am so sick of publishers looking for more ways to collect money from the consumer without delivering the goods into our hands, and feeling more and more entitled to those pre-emptive profits.

I'm not against companies making profit, that's what business is all about. I just say that profit (and success in general) should be earned. Demonstrate the game and it's successive material, that people will decide there's actually something worth paying for. Sure enough the money will come in, along with player satisfaction. The reputation merits alone are worth far more than the books. Not the other way around of pay now, (possibly) regret later when it doesn't meet expectation. Sure DLC can turn out to be great, but why pay for it until you're actually sure of that? It's a suckers bet.

I did want to see story based DLC for this newest entry, but disappointed they jumped the Season Pass bandwagon, which I'm sure is Square Enix's directive. Let's never forget their train wreck of the Hitman "cult recruitment" pre-order scam. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I actually agree with you on this. I was really tempted by the Croft Edition, but in a Gamescom panel, one of the devs said that 5 of the DLCs will be co-op and did not elaborate further, so now I'm like is it exclusively co-op? Probably not, but it's a big gamble, because if it is online co-op only, I won't play them. :hmm:

Lara_Fan_84
28th Aug 2018, 23:20
I preordered the Croft Edition on amazon.