PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S NEW IN SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER - IGN FIRST

dark7angel
8th Aug 2018, 16:41
IGN has a new article on SOTTR as part of their IGN First - http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/08/whats-new-in-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-ign-first?abthid=5b6b107d623c2f1a360007d7

I would like to highlight this section where they explain the difficulty settings since I'm pretty sure not everyone is aware of it:

Ramp Up the Difficulty (Or Tone It Down)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider introduces individual difficulties settings for combat, puzzles, and exploration. While combat difficult isn*t all that different from what you*d expect, the puzzle and exploration settings change a lot about Lara*s behaviors that reveal more or less about the challenge at hand.

Exploration difficulty works like this:

On Easy, there*s bright white paint to guide Lara*s path, she has a longer window for the *grab timer,* and Base Camps are lit.
On Normal, the white paint isn*t as obvious, Base Camps are unlit, and Lara has a normal window for the *grab timer.*
On Hard, the white paint is completely gone, there*s a shortened *grab timer,* Base Camps are unlit, and Survival Instincts don*t work for exploration unless enabled through skills. Enemies will still be shown in Survival Instincts unless combat difficulty is on Hard.

Puzzle difficulty works like this:

On Easy, Lara explains how to solve the step of the puzzle your on when in Survival Instincts, and the item you need to interact with is highlighted in blue. There*s also more time given for timed mechanics.
On Normal, Lara gives general hints for the next step of the puzzle and objects are highlighted like normal in Survival Instincts. There*s a regular window for timed mechanics.
On Hard, Lara doesn*t give any hints nor are puzzle items in the environment shown through Survival Instincts. There*s also a shorter window for timed mechanics.
Each of the difficulties can be changed separately at just about any time from the Options menu.

They also talk a little about Exploration, Lara's arsenal and the Skill Tree.

Metalrocks
9th Aug 2018, 14:00
a little confused about the grab timer. does it refer to lara nearly missing her grip?

Rai
15th Aug 2018, 16:33
A new IGN First video: How SotTR looks to Evolve the Series (http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/08/15/how-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-looks-to-evolve-the-series-ign-first).

a little confused about the grab timer. does it refer to lara nearly missing her grip?

Yeah, I think it is this. Usually you get a last minute grip button press. I guess you get less time on hard mode.