PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Tomb Raider Full Reveal

dark7angel
26th Apr 2018, 16:37
Tomorrow is the day we're going to see Shadow for the first time!!! :naughty:

The countdown in the official TR site ends at 2 PM BST at which time we should get the full trailer.

EDIT - Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The End of the Beginning

u6zufUxFz1M

Later, at 9:20 PM BST, we'll have the Tribeca Games Panel, with a livestream on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/TribecaGames)

4:20 PM -- 5:00 PM EASTERN
A Special Preview of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Join the creative team behind the critically acclaimed and world-famous TOMB RAIDER® franchise, which has sold over 63 million copies globally, as they discuss the evolution of Lara Croft and share in the techniques, tools and inspiration behind the series. Daniel Chayer-Bisson (Senior Game Director), Jill Murray (Lead Writer), Rich Briggs (Senior Brand Director) and special guest Camilla Luddington (performance artist for Lara Croft) will be on hand for this special event moderated by Geoff Keighley.

Note: Livestream will start at approximately 4:20 PM with the PANEL conversation. Exclusive gameplay will not be livestreamed.

EDIT: If anyone wants to see the Tribeca Panel, here's the video:
RAL02B_RiAQ

In the meantime, magazine covers have started to surface.
The one for Jeux Vidéo features a new image of Lara!!! :eek:

I swear it looks like Andy Park's artwork!!! I LOVE it!

EDIT: AH! It really is Andy Park's art! Here's the full image:

EDIT: Apparently there's an event in London taking place today, where the game is being presented to some fans. And one of them has shared this pic on twitter where we can see the box art for the game:

I think that's it for now. Can't wait for tomorrow!

a_big_house
26th Apr 2018, 18:00
I really like the new artwork!
Also, conveienent that it cuts off at her waist, hiding her dual pistols :whistle:

Also - Croft Edition, I like it!
I'm hoping the steelbook comes with the Collectors Edition, which I spy a fancy looking statue :D

EDIT: So, I won't post links because they're probably not meant to be out yet, but the first screenshots of the game were posted and it looks pretty good :)

Wish I could have gone to one of the events to see it first hand...

Tihocan
27th Apr 2018, 06:48
Wow, if that's what she looks like in-game, she is stunning :D Somewhere between 'Rise' Lara and 'T.o.Osiris' Lara.

And the environments, wow. Collector's edition... statue - wow! May have peed my pants a little. Bring on the trailer!

Mike_B
27th Apr 2018, 13:08
Trailer + screenshots are up on the official site, trailer is just cinematic though :( seems we'll have to wait a bit longer for the gameplay. That's not really a 'full' reveal so far..

dark7angel
27th Apr 2018, 13:12
HERE'S THE REVEAL TRAILER:

u6zufUxFz1M

There's also a bunch of screenshots from the game!

Here's just some of them:

Check the rest out on the official TR site (https://www.tombraider.com/en-gb/media/all)!

a_big_house
27th Apr 2018, 13:14
I don't like her face in the trailer, but it's just CG so I guess it doesn't matter.

Super disappointed that we won't get gameplay until E3, people were literally playing the game yesterday, so there's clearly something to show.

Also, I checked my pre-order options via the site; I had 1 - the standard version for £60 via the SE store. That's a hard pass.
I think I'll loiter on Amazon as per usual.

dark7angel
27th Apr 2018, 13:20
^Yeah, I'm not really sold on her face either, but since it's CGI it shouldn't matter... let's just hope she doesn't look like that in-game!

And it's indeed very disappointing we won't be seeing any gameplay until E3, specially since today was announced as a Full Reveal of the game, and later today gameplay will be shown at the Tribeca Festival, it just won't be livestreamed... :(

Mike_B
27th Apr 2018, 13:24
I don't like her face in the trailer, but it's just CG so I guess it doesn't matter.

Super disappointed that we won't get gameplay until E3, people were literally playing the game yesterday, so there's clearly something to show.

Where does it say that we won't get to see gameplay until E3? Just curious. Because if that's the case I genuinely don't understand why they call it a full reveal. Especially since they are like you said demoing it to people and also press.

dark7angel
27th Apr 2018, 13:28
Where does it say that we won't get to see gameplay until E3? Just curious. Because if that's the case I genuinely don't understand why they call it a full reveal. Especially since they are like you said demoing it to people and also press.

Here:
https://i.imgur.com/67PhWfr.png

It says "June - E3 - First Gameplay Revealed"

a_big_house
27th Apr 2018, 13:29
Yup, what DA posted :hmm:

Mike_B
27th Apr 2018, 13:32
Ugh that's just bleh, sorry but a cinematic trailer and some screenshots is not a full reveal :thud:

a_big_house
27th Apr 2018, 13:42
Just had a look on Game.co.uk and they seem to have a 'totaku' statue with some of their editions; https://www.game.co.uk/en/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-croft-deluxe-edition-with-only-at-game-pre-order-bonus-2364914
There's no photo, but looking at their website they seem to have some cool stuff; https://www.mytotaku.com/
Perhaps its just the collectors edition statue though?

Tihocan
27th Apr 2018, 14:42
I think her face looks pretty good, she's just not the "cute Lara" we've seen of the last two. Somewhat older, hardened. Was a bit of a bummer to get only a cinematic but I'm looking forward to E3 gameplay. I really hope the mud and blending in is something you can do!

Rai
27th Apr 2018, 17:58
Having played the demo at the London reveal yesterday afternoon, early evening, I can confirm Lara looks like her slightly improved Rise self.

Gitb97
27th Apr 2018, 19:10
Hello! coming out of my cave to say I'm really annoyed that I sold my TV and xbox just in time for this reveal! LOL.

In all seriousness, I'm definitely going to play it when I get a chance. Looks good so far!

Tallantis
27th Apr 2018, 20:23

I did like the new face because Lara lost her doggy-dog eyes from Rise which had been really ugly. The game will be released in Sep, so I don't really care about not seeing actuall gameplay. Just excited that it's coming so early this year.

Wanted to pre-order TR Ultimate, sold out? lol I hope it's just for the moment, but seems it's not limited, so I'll get mine.

dark7angel
27th Apr 2018, 21:24
The Tribeca Livestream just ended. It was a little lame watching them comment gameplay we didn't see... :whistle:

So, a few things that were discussed:
- Trinity's leader and game antagonist is a Dr. Dominguez. It was really important to them to make this character very relatable, to the point where you might even side with his motivations in opposition to Lara's.
- A lot of talk about Lara becoming one with the jungle. A bigger focus on stealth.
- Underwater exploration returns.
- Camilla says this is her favourite of the trilogy and the one that stayed with her the longest after shooting ended.
- Apparently there's this big scene between Lara and Jonah that was shown during the presentation that's really important. If I understood correctly it's some kind of falling out between the two.
- Lara inadvertently causes the end of the world.
- Story starts in Mexico but main location is Peru.
-"Lara is Jonah's Little Bird" - this was actually said during the panel and I think it's just so awkward! :o
- Lara will become the Tomb Raider she's destined to be - I really wish they dropped this whole destiny narrative. Like being a tomb raider is literally just being a tomb robber. No grand destiny involved...

PS: The new writer is a precious cinnamon roll. Poor thing trying to talk and being cut out by the guys. Looking a little nervous over there. She's so shy, I can relate! :flowers:

Tallantis
27th Apr 2018, 21:40
Thanks for the details!! Back to Peru then.....Shivers.

Tihocan
27th Apr 2018, 22:57
... Lara lost her doggy-dog eyes from Rise which had been really ugly...
Really? I thought Rise Lara was the best looking Lara we've had...

The Tribeca Livestream just ended. It was a little lame watching them comment gameplay we didn't see... :whistle:
That might have been a touch spoilery... ;)

I'll reiterate, based on your comment - I absolutely hope the stealth is a big thing, with blending in and stuff. It would be easy to sort-of say "we want her to blend in, be hidden in plain sight", but to actually implement it in such a way that is felt by the player rather than a meter/percentage indicator - wow.

dark7angel
27th Apr 2018, 23:08
That might have been a touch spoilery... ;)

Sorry! **** I've edited my post and added spoiler tags. :o:)

Tihocan
28th Apr 2018, 09:17
Collector's Edition contains the Croft Edition, i.e. season pass. Seriously, thank you SE.

I've always believed that if the customer pays all that money for the CE, a season pass should be on the table if the "deluxe" (i.e. slightly inferior) version has one.

BlueSkiesXXV
28th Apr 2018, 09:30
Just glad that we are getting another TR game :)

YardFowl
28th Apr 2018, 12:21

Yes. ALL of us.

BlueSkiesXXV
28th Apr 2018, 13:23
Yes. ALL of us.

Indeed...Look what the release strategy for RISE did to the community. It made quite a few people walk away in disgust, which was rather sad.

a_big_house
28th Apr 2018, 14:06
Having played the demo at the London reveal yesterday afternoon, early evening, I can confirm Lara looks like her slightly improved Rise self.
Any chance you asked if Croft Manor was making a grand return!?

Hello! coming out of my cave to say I'm really annoyed that I sold my TV and xbox just in time for this reveal! LOL.
Welcome back to the outside world!
Why would you sell your TV and Xbox? :nut:

PS: The new writer is a precious cinnamon roll. Poor thing trying to talk and being cut out by the guys. Looking a little nervous over there. She's so shy, I can relate! :flowers:
Lets hope she stays precious and doesn't get the Pratchett virus :lol:

Thoughts on your spoilers;
- Trinity's leader and game antagonist is a Dr. Dominguez. It was really important to them to make this character very relatable, to the point where you might even side with his motivations in opposition to Lara's. - Honestly, Ana was pretty relatable, she was a sick woman who would have done anything to survive.
- Apparently there's this big scene between Lara and Jonah that was shown during the presentation that's really important. If I understood correctly it's some kind of falling out between the two. - Again? Eurgh, just bone already...
- Lara will become the Tomb Raider she's destined to be - I really wish they dropped this whole destiny narrative. Like being a tomb raider is literally just being a tomb robber. No grand destiny involved... - It's her destiny to get some silicon implants :lol: (kidding)

And in theory, even more after Shadow

dark7angel
28th Apr 2018, 18:02
Here's Andy Park's artwork that was featured in that French magazine:

Tihocan
28th Apr 2018, 22:31
Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instil fear in enemies to sow chaos.

Aw yeah-uh. I hope they got this right, it will be the best.

Rai
28th Apr 2018, 22:40

In all seriousness, I'm definitely going to play it when I get a chance. Looks good so far!

Welcome home!

Any chance you asked if Croft Manor was making a grand return!?

I didn't ask, but someone did and...they can't say.

If anyone is curious about my thoughts, I did a brief write up on the demo. I could post here if there's interest, but it will contain spoilers. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

a_big_house
29th Apr 2018, 01:08
I didn't ask, but someone did and...they can't say.

EURGH WHY NOT!? IT'S A SIMPLE YES OR NO ANSWER CHRIST.

If anyone is curious about my thoughts, I did a brief write up on the demo. I could post here if there's interest, but it will contain spoilers. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hell yeah, why not start a new thread?

Tihocan
30th Apr 2018, 00:49
Is the Collector's Edition exclusive to the Square Enix store? Because that will certainly ruin my day.

E/ It looks like it, and now I know I can't have one because of a (likely massive) waiting list, and the fact that Square Enix doesn't care about Australia and won't send it to me anyway.

Second time I've been left with a burned, disappointed feeling after a Tomb Raider announcement. It feels bad, and I $%&^ing hate it because Tomb Raider is a chunk of my identity.

E2/ I've managed to pre-order it (omgwtf how?), but am nervous about having it shipped somewhere else before sending it to me. Has anyone used a freight-forward service like comGateway before?

Centaur3x
30th Apr 2018, 07:24
No Collector's Edition for the PC version? That's disappointing. I guess that means there's no reason why I should pre-order. Then I'll just wait until I can get the game and the season pack discounted on Steam.

dandins
1st May 2018, 17:15
please eidos montreal keep an eye on some realistic lighting effects.. the teaser ingame screenshots allready show a weak point here.

when I remember the cathedral level in rise where the thunder throws indications of windows on the walls but the windows were actually filled with bricks (guess it had to go fast while development). it was horrible..

stupid publishers dont care about quality as long the game sells :/

dark7angel
2nd May 2018, 20:17
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Gear Guide (https://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/tombraider/files/GearGuide.pdf)

YardFowl
3rd May 2018, 05:40
Indeed...Look what the release strategy for RISE did to the community. It made quite a few people walk away in disgust, which was rather sad.

I will buy it on release. But I feel nothing for it. No excitement or sense of anticipation. Nothing. In fact... I no longer really feel anything for Tomb Raider.

KManX89
3rd May 2018, 13:04
Here's Andy Park's artwork that was featured in that French magazine:

Wow. That model of Lara looks amazing. I agree with the others that I see a bit of CoO Lara in there. I'm actually kinda disappointed that this isn't the updated look we'll be getting because TBH, I actually quite like it.

But yeah, E3 can't get here soon enough especially with all the other rumored game reveals I'm looking forward to.