PDA

View Full Version : STOP SHAFTING OTHER REGIONS OF THE WORLD OUT OF CONSOLE/HANDHELD RELEASES!!!

bolty32
28th Mar 2018, 14:19
DQXI has ABSOLUTELY NO business being on PC!!!

KILL IT WITH FIRE IMMEDIATELY!

INSTEAD release the game on PS4 and 3DS, as it was released in Japan!

STOP GIVING US WHAT YOU THINK WE WANT!!! WE WANT YOUR GAMES ON CONSOLE and HANDHELD, NO MOBILE PORTS! NO PC PORTS!

END. OF. STORY!

YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD THE OTHER TEAM WORKING ON THE 3DS version, NOT PC!

If SE is gonna do a PC version, then they really need to do it in addition to the PS4 and 3ds versions of the game, opting out for one system in favor of another is really, REALLY stupid!

Need I point out the debacle they caused with Versus13/FF15? putting out a trailer saying it was for PS3, led me to want this game, soon after seeing this trailer I got me a PS3 so I could be ready to play it when it got released then several years later it gets announced that it was no longer on it, but on PS4! (the kotaku article had ended up being right, stating that versus 13 really was cancelled and folded into FF15). We all know Nomura can make a great game (Look at KH and the world ends with you)! The problem was lots of corporate meddling and the fact that any development process Nomura's team tried to do was impeded by having the development of 13-2 and Lightning's Return taking up all the major resources at SE Japan! The reason the gameplay was solid in the first part and started falling apart after reaching Altissia is due to the fact that Nomura had mostly developed and worked on that portion of the game, and the rest was more spotty with the story as they only had a skeleton in place to work on later! Firing Nomura and telling Tabata to scrap the whole game as it was was a VERY stupid move to do, and as much as I hate what they did to FF15, I have to give it to Tabata for putting the game together as well as he did! I am very sad that Nomura only got recognition in the credits for the character design and yet we all know that most of the story in the game was HIS idea, and even with the FNC mythos portion scrapped, Tabata left as much of the influences of it in, as much as he could.

They are doing this again for DQ11! A lot of fans were banking on getting the 3ds version cuz it is cheaper than buying the ps4 version: the 3ds is cheaper to buy than a PS4, 3ds/vita games are almost always $10-20 cheaper than their console counterparts.

SE should be sued for this bad business practice 2x over for doing this once with FF Versus 13 and again with DQ11!

KaboomKrusader
28th Mar 2018, 15:14
Hear, hear. This "no DQXI 3DS for the West" news is beyond ridiculous.

The people in charge of this company seem to have slimes for brains and think that the Western fanbase is stupid. Like we don't know when we're getting shafted and neglected in favor of glorious privileged Nippon.

Choosing not to release the 3DS version of DQXI in the west is completely, utterly, 100,000% unacceptable. We're tired of suffering and missing out because of this company's lazy, self-sabotaging nonsense.

bolty32
4th Apr 2018, 01:30
They seem to be going the way they did with FF Type-0's PSP release: not releasing cuz it isn't profitable on an older system. Yet we know if they put it out the fans would buy it regardless of it being an older system.

From what I have heard, the switch version is again gonna be a ported version of the PS4 edition but changed up to work with the mechanics of the switch itself.

The 3ds version is NOTHING like the ps4 version: more types of monsters, different hp caps and stats for said monsters, the bonus town and dungeon, the cartoony 3d look, the 2d sprite look which includes randomized battles when in dungeons or on the world map, the password game transfer system, etc.

I would have imported the 3ds version if I had known this would happen! However, the 3ds is not multiregional compatible, like the ds was, no idea why Nintendo did that! As such I would either have to buy a Japanese 3ds system or mod mine, and modding makes it so you cannot get onto the Nintendo Network anymore for their online enabled games and such. This is why I imported the ps4 version.

also wanna point out that playing a traditional top-down RPG with 2d sprites would be difficult to do in Japanese cuz the story wouldn't translate as well with what is going on as it does in the 3d version, expecially in the ps4 version!

my only hope at this point is that some other team like Nintendo or some other company is silently handling the localization of the 3ds version.

SE only did a digital release of DQ Builders on the Vita, and SaGa: Scarlet Graces never got a release outside of Japan for Vita (WE NEED THIS!) I Am Setsuna was digitally released only on PS4 and PC outside of Japan, though it had a Vita release (physically as well as digitally) along with the PS4 version getting both versions released. for a game about the golden era of RPGs (the 90s), the game should have gotten a physical release on the PS4 at least! shafting the vita completely for that and yet releasing DQ Builders on it makes no sense! Especially when they won't put out the 3ds version of DQ11!

bolty32
4th Apr 2018, 01:31
We are also still waiting for Theatrhythm Dragon Quest to drop on the 3ds outside of Japan, that game really doesn't need much in the way of translation/localizing as it works just like the Theatrhythm FF games. :(

bolty32
4th Apr 2018, 01:36
this recent article is VERY interesting as one of the actual developers of the game, at Bird Studios mentioned that the reason Dragon Quest doesn't do as well outside of Japan is cuz Square-Enix continually fails to market and promote it properly! They promote the heck out of Final Fantasy but really do not bother with Dragon Quest, it isn't right at all, considering the fact that DQ came before FF ever did on the NES! it was the first RPG that spawned all the rest of them!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/how-dragon-quest-spawned-an-urban-myth

THIS MEANS SQUARE-ENIX NEEDS TO PROMOTE THE HECK OUT OF DQ11!!!

bolty32
4th Apr 2018, 01:51
SE is also promoting the game wrong: They are stating that the game is a standalone game, and yet everyone who has followed the news of the Japanese release knows that DQ11 is the pre-prequel to DQ1-3 trilogy and that SE released DQ1-3 on the PS4 store in Japan to coincide with the release of DQ11.

If SE doesn't release the original trilogy with DQ11 I will be VERY upset as I have never played them.

bolty32
4th Apr 2018, 02:37
I really have no idea what it is, but it seems a lot of Japanese based video game companies seem to think that such and such game would not do well, or that since they are developing the next system then the previous system will not be getting new games anymore and that other regions of the world are not into japanese developed games... THIS IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE!!!

WE LOVE ANIME, WE LOVE ALMOST ANYTHING THAT IS QUIRKY, WEIRD, MAINSTREAM, THAT COMES OUT OF JAPAN!!!

The rest of the world has a fascination with Japanese culture, it has not diminished, it is still very relevant to us!

HERE IS THE TRUTH: Any video game system that was made and based in Japan should have a longer lifespan outside of Japan than it does in it! WHY?! due to the fact that localizing/translating games takes a while, due to the fact that there is a HUGE wealth of games that are in Japan still that never made it outside of it (many of which would be blockbuster titles, if handled properly). The fact that Sony killed off the vita very quickly outside of Japan (faster than they did the PSP) is aweful! up until last year at least were still making games for the vita and they aren't likely to stop anytime soon. Yet outside of Japan, no video game stores carry brand new Vitas anymore! the PSP went from 2004 to 2009 for the release of the models! and games were still being made for it all the way into 2012 in Japan! The vita only had releases for the system from 2011-2014 in Japan (bout the same amount for the psp, and yet SONY left it to die faster than they did for the psp! For North America at least, we got maybe 4-5 game releases in a year for it, and Japan was getting several a month!

It took forever for the original dreamcast's official Phantasy Star Online servers to close down in Japan!

I am aware there are cultural differences here and there between Japan and the rest of the world, but prematurely causing the death of a system, when the system is still going strong in Japan isn't right!

There are lots of people who still do not have the current systems for ps4 and whatnot cuz we do not have the money and sometimes opt for the cheaper system! The 3ds system and games are cheap! The PS4 is not, and buying a computer capable of running DQ11 is MOST DEFINITELY NOT CHEAP!!!

Why not release the game for EVERYONE on 4 different systems: 3ds, pc, ps4 and switch? it doesn't matter that the 3ds has been out for a while, it is still used by a ton of people that cannot afford the more expensive systems! I mean why bother to release the DQ7 and DQ8 remakes on the 3ds outside of J Japan and NOT DQ11! It would make an amazing end of life swan song game for the system, the way FF Type-0 would have made for the PSP!

Geyblade
4th Apr 2018, 23:27
It's an outrage, the already promised a Switch and 3ds version and I looked forward to either one because of the ability to play old school. This is an E3 lie too, E3 2017 it was said it would be here for the Nintendo Consoles.

Geyblade
4th Apr 2018, 23:44
Some Square-Enix games suffer a bit by using their own online Store, which is inconvenient when it would be faster in places like Canada via Amazon. If I didn't know better, it's like Square also kept Enix's old marketing and distro departments. My search for IV and Ogre Battle were more of an Epic then the games were.

Geyblade
4th Apr 2018, 23:45
SE is also promoting the game wrong: They are stating that the game is a standalone game, and yet everyone who has followed the news of the Japanese release knows that DQ11 is the pre-prequel to DQ1-3 trilogy and that SE released DQ1-3 on the PS4 store in Japan to coincide with the release of DQ11.

If SE doesn't release the original trilogy with DQ11 I will be VERY upset as I have never played them.

Even I missed that, so you play as Ortega?

Geyblade
4th Apr 2018, 23:54
I really have no idea what it is, but it seems a lot of Japanese based video game companies seem to think that such and such game would not do well, or that since they are developing the next system then the previous system will not be getting new games anymore and that other regions of the world are not into japanese developed games... THIS IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE!!!

WE LOVE ANIME, WE LOVE ALMOST ANYTHING THAT IS QUIRKY, WEIRD, MAINSTREAM, THAT COMES OUT OF JAPAN!!!

The rest of the world has a fascination with Japanese culture, it has not diminished, it is still very relevant to us!

HERE IS THE TRUTH: Any video game system that was made and based in Japan should have a longer lifespan outside of Japan than it does in it! WHY?! due to the fact that localizing/translating games takes a while, due to the fact that there is a HUGE wealth of games that are in Japan still that never made it outside of it (many of which would be blockbuster titles, if handled properly). The fact that Sony killed off the vita very quickly outside of Japan (faster than they did the PSP) is aweful! up until last year at least were still making games for the vita and they aren't likely to stop anytime soon. Yet outside of Japan, no video game stores carry brand new Vitas anymore! the PSP went from 2004 to 2009 for the release of the models! and games were still being made for it all the way into 2012 in Japan! The vita only had releases for the system from 2011-2014 in Japan (bout the same amount for the psp, and yet SONY left it to die faster than they did for the psp! For North America at least, we got maybe 4-5 game releases in a year for it, and Japan was getting several a month!

It took forever for the original dreamcast's official Phantasy Star Online servers to close down in Japan!

I am aware there are cultural differences here and there between Japan and the rest of the world, but prematurely causing the death of a system, when the system is still going strong in Japan isn't right!

There are lots of people who still do not have the current systems for ps4 and whatnot cuz we do not have the money and sometimes opt for the cheaper system! The 3ds system and games are cheap! The PS4 is not, and buying a computer capable of running DQ11 is MOST DEFINITELY NOT CHEAP!!!

Why not release the game for EVERYONE on 4 different systems: 3ds, pc, ps4 and switch? it doesn't matter that the 3ds has been out for a while, it is still used by a ton of people that cannot afford the more expensive systems! I mean why bother to release the DQ7 and DQ8 remakes on the 3ds outside of J Japan and NOT DQ11! It would make an amazing end of life swan song game for the system, the way FF Type-0 would have made for the PSP!

The released but 10 actually. 10 lingers as a Switch Game in Japan. I might read some of it, but I am not use to it. So I would be lost at some point.
Cultural differences, it's not Hungary, it has some commonality with the west, like Feudal systems. Even Hungary built an understanding with Japan for a long time.
But back the game situation, it is something like a habit of under estimating, and maybe part of the problem is they don't embrace the US love for merchandising that they share. Hell I am sure they could put DQ Amiibos to work. The same thing I don't get about Ubisoft they love Marketing merchandise but never delved into the Amiibo Market with AC or Watch_Dogs and that's a French multi-national. It could have done better then their microtransaction schemes.

bolty32
8th Apr 2018, 08:01
actually DQ10 doesn't work outside of Japan, I dloaded the ps4 version and it wouldn't let me play after logging into my JP SE account i had created yrs ago for ff type-0. apparently the game is region locked based on your IP.

bolty32
8th Apr 2018, 08:03
This quote from SE is full of lies, i know I wasn't asked, i know the only thing in the DQ11 forum is the News thread and this one. I know tons of people on the gamefaqs 3ds board that are not happy about this.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/04/07/square-enix-explains-dragon-quest-xi-switch-delay-and-3ds-no-show.aspx

bolty32
8th Apr 2018, 21:40
I counting on and planning to buy both the 3ds and ps4 release of DQ11. I wanted both flavors of the game, I wanted to import my character to the 3ds version and back to the ps4 version, I imagine they are pulling the password game transfer out of the game release, just as they pulled the multiplayer out of ff type-0 hd release.

We really need to riot on SE for this!