PDA

View Full Version : Texture palette problem

ChangelingJane
26th Nov 2002, 02:32
Hi all, I'm back from a brief hiatus, mainly because there's another FM contest :D

I'm having troubles importing custom textures. I save my images as 256-color palletized PCX files, and when I load them up in DromEd, the colors are all wrong. If I re-palettize the image using the palette from one of the original (working) textures, it works fine. I'm not sure what the difference is between the working textures' palettes and mine, though.

theBlackman
26th Nov 2002, 02:56
I'm absolutely no help at all, but welcome back. :D

Xcom
26th Nov 2002, 03:54
Are you saving you custom palette as full.pcx together with your images? If not, I think the game will use default thief palette and textures will look weird.

Telliamed_
26th Nov 2002, 07:31
Yup. Thief reads the palette from FULL.PCX in the family folder. It's also been discovered that you can't have more than 16 different palettes loaded at a time. You can check your current palettes with the command 'palmgr_count'

ps. I'm looking forward to seeing the competition.

ChangelingJane
26th Nov 2002, 22:55
Thanks! I can now finally do something with custom textures! I'm really more into the art side of creation than the level design; that stuff comes easier to me. I can at least make a very pretty level, even if it only plays "ok" ^_^