PDA

View Full Version : Your internet connection?

Xcom
25th Nov 2002, 18:36
If you have more than one connection (ie. at home and at work), specify the one you use more frequently to surf the web. If you can't tell which one you use more often, specify the one you have at home.

Huntress
25th Nov 2002, 18:45
I knew this would be showing up :D See reply in the other post. Ta and Good Hunting!

Apache
25th Nov 2002, 21:48
Was cable with crappy ping..now DSL with great ping but half the speed..go figure.

Mr. Perfect
25th Nov 2002, 21:51
At home theres a ol' 56K, but here in the college dorms is a tempremental T1.

mOdEtWo
26th Nov 2002, 00:21
I have a 1024 KB download speed, and 512 KB upload speed...

Rommel_1891
26th Nov 2002, 03:12
GRRRRR! 56K bad!!! Slow internet make Rommel mad!!! RAAAARRRR!!

Makes downloading FM's a drag.... Took me 30 minutes to dl a 2mb FM last night.... :( I miss cable....

ChristineS
26th Nov 2002, 06:30
Wow - this is the first time, that I'm able to vote on a poll - strange, it had never worked for me before.......:confused: :D

I had a 56k Modem (dial up) - since last Friday I'm with DSL. It's great - sending a Beta-file to my Admin takes only some minutes, instead of nealy one hour.....:p :D

Zaccheus
26th Nov 2002, 13:37
Originally posted by mOdEtWo
I have a 1024 KB download speed, and 512 KB upload speed...

Is that kilo-bytes or kilo-bits?
:)

mOdEtWo
26th Nov 2002, 17:54
Originally posted by Zaccheus
Is that kilo-bytes or kilo-bits?
As you can see, I've just made an ase out of myself. Of course I ment kilo-bits ;) - mOdEtWo, you soon gotta learn this!!:

*** "Bits" are always written with a small b, like in kb (kilo-bits).
*** "Bytes" are always written with a capital B, like in kB (kilo-Bytes)
*** "Bits" indicates the transfer-speed, and "Bytes" indicates the amount of data being downloaded. 8 bits = 1 Byte.

There... :o

LeatherMan
26th Nov 2002, 23:38
Originally posted by mOdEtWo
As you can see, I've just made an ase out of myself. Of course I ment kilo-bits ;) - mOdEtWo, you soon gotta learn this!!:

*** "Bits" are always written with a small b, like in kb (kilo-bits).
*** "Bytes" are always written with a capital B, like in kB (kilo-Bytes)
*** "Bits" indicates the transfer-speed, and "Bytes" indicates the amount of data being downloaded. 8 bits = 1 Byte.

There... :o Well Mode Two, seeing how you spell out your name, I can see how you would have problems with this capitalization scheme! :p :D

As for the poll, I am surprised at such an overwhelming majority of votes being for broadband. Interesting ...

howie
27th Nov 2002, 00:56
This crazy computer of mine downloads in kilo-grams :(

*Oooooh the pain of dial-&-smurfing slow Lake Erie waves

RicknMel
27th Nov 2002, 02:42
Originally posted by LeatherMan
Well Mode Two, seeing how you spell out your name, ... ...

LOL...I've always pronounced it Moe*Det*Woo
The caps totally tricked me!

Thats almost as good as the Moooonin the Raven controversy!
ROTF
:D :p

oh yeah...almost forgot.... Cable internet here! :)

Munin the Raven
27th Nov 2002, 05:10
My cousin Moooonin has not been back since you evil taffers harrassed him like that. I don't think he'll ever talk again, poor thing.:p

I'm of the semi-technologically deprived here. 56k is as fast as it goes, both ways. I'm down to a single phone line too, and <i>still</i> using AOL, though the spam is crazy (I have over 200 <i>domains</i> in my blocked list).

I can't really complain that much though, considering I still know a few people using 28.8 and 14.4 modems. It's better than not having any access at all, but still a painful thing to see.:(

newk007
27th Nov 2002, 06:29
My connection??? : TOO DARN SLOW!!! 56K modem. Everyone who plays Thievery when I go on knows how slow my connection actually is!!! :(

mOdEtWo
27th Nov 2002, 08:43
Originally posted by RicknMel
LOL...I've always pronounced it Moe*Det*Woo
The caps totally tricked me!
Wohoo, I tricked another taffer!
Ain't the first time I hear that, RicknMel. :)

Grey Mouser
27th Nov 2002, 18:33
Work = T1
Home = DSL

I shudder when I think of the dark dark days on my old Mac with 28.8 dial-up...(shudders uncontrollaby)

...but yeah, Munin's right....even that was better than No Access at All....(ponders various configuration and on-line issues)...I think. :cool:

Xcom
27th Nov 2002, 18:33
It appears my assumption was correct, eh, Munin?

Munin the Raven
27th Nov 2002, 22:22
Yes, but I think you underestimated how many of us are still on dialup connections, not to mention that 40 votes is a pretty poor turnout.:p

And supposing that this is an accurate representation, it'd be pretty drastic to ditch 30% of the members here by making a high-content page.

Old Gold
10th Dec 2002, 10:45
I use dial up still. It works good enough if you don't sit on the net all day.