PDA

View Full Version : Unfolding bridge (again) ..

isis
25th Nov 2002, 13:48
I'm using the unfolding bridge from the Race for the Iris level (the one Von Croy uses at the end). It unfolds from a coil and finishes lying flat but I don't want it to go completely flat, I want it to stop so the end is slightly raised. Is there a way, using the animation editor, to stop the animation where I want it to, before the bridge goes completely flat?

Also, is there a way to enable Lara to step on the bridge without falling through? At the moment it either pushes her away or she falls right through it.

Thanks.

TenChen
25th Nov 2002, 15:05
Originally posted by Isis
I'm using the unfolding bridge from the Race for the Iris level (the one Von Croy uses at the end). It unfolds from a coil and finishes lying flat but I don't want it to go completely flat, I want it to stop so the end is slightly raised. Is there a way, using the animation editor, to stop the animation where I want it to, before the bridge goes completely flat?

Also, is there a way to enable Lara to step on the bridge without falling through? At the moment it either pushes her away or she falls right through it.

Thanks.

You can Delete frames from the bridge so it wont fold completely out

It needs to go into the trapdoor slot (i think) for her to step on it, but if it isnt completely folded out i dont think she will be able to walk on it

eTux
25th Nov 2002, 15:47
About walking on the bridge - you could disable the collision of the bridge it self and trigger a trapdoor that is textured invincible. Or you could use a flipmap and apply TO to the surface where the bridge is.

isis
25th Nov 2002, 21:25
Thanks TenChen but I can't figure out how to delete the frames - I realise that is what I need to do but I don't know how, even though I have read the instructions that came with Wadmerger. Is there a way to play the animation frame by frame and then stop at the frame I want and delete it? Also I think it is the last frame I need to delete and the instructions say you will hear a beep if you try to delete the last frame, so I don't think I will be able to delete that frame anyway. Unless I add another frame after it I suppose. I really need a step by step instruction :D the way you told me before how to stop the animation repeating. I'm afraid that is the only way things sink in with me. :rolleyes:

Thanks Etux I will try the flip map I think. Trapdoors are OK when they work but sometimes they cause the game to freeze. I don't know why that is, I have a few in the level and those ones work OK but I have tried putting the a trapdoor in another part of the level and as soon as it is triggered the game freezes.

isis
28th Nov 2002, 13:29
Sorry bumping this back to the top - can someone pls tell me how to delete a frame ? :confused:

eTux
28th Nov 2002, 15:03
Am no expert in this, but I just tried it out and it worked the way I thought it works.

Here's what you do:

1) Disable the "Auto Rotate object" and "Auto Animate object" functions.

2)Use the bar below the "add" button and move it manually to the frame(s) you want.

3)And then press the delete current frame button on the top bar (you can see functions for every button when you float the mouse cursor over it, incase you didn't knew this)

That's all ;)

isis
28th Nov 2002, 20:21
Thanks ETux, I'll go try that now.

isis
29th Nov 2002, 13:38
Excellent - it worked!
It was the Remove button that I was looking at but that was always greyed out - didn't think to try the others at the top. :rolleyes: Thanks ETux. :)