PDA

View Full Version : Is there Another way to Texture DXF for TRLE?



TenChen
24th Nov 2002, 22:59
http://driber.net/extras/os/GOKU.bmp

Does "wrap around" Texturing work for Meshes, i think its unlikely but I don't think its impossible

Wee Bald Man
24th Nov 2002, 23:15
Originally posted by TenChen
Does "wrap around" Texturing work for Meshes, i think its unlikely but I don't think its impossible

Unfortunately no. This kind of texturing requires UVW mapping co-ordinates which are not supported by the TR engine.

However, you can 'paint' textures directly onto a mesh using a 3D paint program and then 'unwrap' your finished work before sending it back out to TR in separated bitmaps again. But.. you need to have 3D Studio MAX or Maya and the 3D paint plugin to do this.

WBM

TenChen
24th Nov 2002, 23:53
I have 3D max but It all sounds a little complicated lol , I once found a 3D program that would "wrap" textures but I never Tryed it

Im thinking about Flattening the face mesh and then Mapping the Bmp over it and vut up the Bmp to texture , but that seems complicated too LOL

Mushroom
25th Nov 2002, 07:59
I got 3d max but lost my registration key :( can it be done in Rhino?

Data
25th Nov 2002, 18:09
Originally posted by Mushroom
I got 3d max but lost my registration key :( can it be done in Rhino?

Simply contact discreet.support@discreet.com I am sure they can help. ;)

And no, it cannot be done using Rhino.

Data
25th Nov 2002, 18:14
Wee Bald Man, please sign our petition (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10061) :)

Mushroom
26th Nov 2002, 06:25
Thx data will do that :)

Shroom

GeckoKid
26th Nov 2002, 20:09
can't help with that...

but i wanna say that word in goku's(or whoever, when I was interested in DBZ was about 6-8 years) back is written wrongly. The current one you are having means electricity.

That name changes sometimes tho, but it should mean turtle in the mean time.

TenChen
26th Nov 2002, 23:25
Originally posted by GeckoKid
can't help with that...

but i wanna say that word in goku's(or whoever, when I was interested in DBZ was about 6-8 years) back is written wrongly. The current one you are having means electricity.

That name changes sometimes tho, but it should mean turtle in the mean time.

Ohh you mean the symbol , yeah I wont be using those textures i just posted them as an example , yeah the symbol on his back is wrong ive got millions of DBZ textures so I will be sure its as accurate as possible