PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2: Brave New World discussion

Det_Forrester
11th Oct 2017, 18:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLyhiOjWAAMj-zf.jpg

https://youtu.be/-e1tvAxD44o

Episode 2 is on the way. Keep an eye out for a full trailer tomorrow. :D :thumb:

Det_Forrester
12th Oct 2017, 17:17
https://youtu.be/r1qPsJSfj8Y
October 19 is the release date for ep. 2.

Det_Forrester
19th Oct 2017, 03:01
The 2nd episode was released early on XBOX, which is unfortunate, but thank you all for not posting early spoilers this past week.

In a few hours from now, it will be officially released. Remember, while discussing the episode after playing it, please, NO SPOILERS :D :thumb: And remember to have fun. :wave:

Det_Forrester
19th Oct 2017, 22:37
THOUGHTS:
Okay, so the episode started off a really uneasy meeting with Principal Wells, which leads to Chloe getting expelled. Five minutes later, she leaves her mark in the bathroom. By that, I mean covering every inch of the girls bathroom with graffiti. And then David announces his plans to move into Casa Price, and Chloe runs away to the junkyard. Sorry, Joyce.

Spending time in that junkyard and then putting her junk truck together was pretty cool. I even found Chloe's trademark beanie. It was nice of Rachel to give Chloe a lil therapy, and I also liked setting the hideout in the junkyard. But I didn't expect was for Frank to show up with Mr. Amber's girlfriend, who's name turns out to be Sera, in his RV. Pompidou was so cute as a puppy. Why couldn't he be that cute when Max came back? And Frank likes beans so much, he's got a cabinet full of the stuff. And spilled on the floor. Didn't think he'd want me to get money from Drew. I didn't really wanna deal with him again after defending Nathan from him. But then it turned into a *****show when this guy, Damon, came to collect and hurts Drew and Mikey.

You know what else was interesting about this episode? Samuel was around for Chloe to chat with. Missed that old squirrel-loving janitor's words of wisdom. And what really surprised me was that Sean Prescott himself was there. "Oh, hey, Chloe, you never mentioned to Max that you also met Sean Prescott face-to-face before." That's what came to mind after that tense little chat with him. Can't believe that Chloe actually got to speak with him at one point. You know what I can believe? Victoria trying to sabotage Rachel with drugs. Too bad that didn't work out the way she thought it would.

That play... Oh, my god, that play. Of all the things Chloe would be doing, I did not expect her to be the one to temporarily fill in the role of Ariel for Juliet. Though, I suppose that's her Karma for talking ***** about how it's gonna suck. I actually took some time to memorize the script before stepping onto the stage. It was hard for me to take it seriously, but I did well. Flawlessly followed the script and then improvised when Rachel changed it up a little. That romantic moment Chloe and Rachel had together after the play was very sweet. On the one hand, I was happy for them. :) But I also felt sad knowing what eventually happens to Rachel. :(

And finally, Dinner with the Ambers. "That was your mother." James says- o.o Wait, what the ******?! :eek: Talk about a major plot twist. Holy ****, I did not see that coming. And that preview for the last episode didn't really show much, except that Chloe needs to desperately get to somewhere in her new junk truck. Maybe to find Rachel? Anyway, this episode was very cool. Really looking forward to seeing how this mini series ends. And to see what keeps the duo from leaving, long enough before Rachel disappears and Max comes back home.

MAIN CHOICES:
* I took the blame for Rachel. I was going along with it right up until Wells threatened to remove her from her role in the Tempest play.
* I refused to empty my pockets. Off to a great start at starting over.
* I gave Damon the money. I thought it would be the right thing to do. I didn't think Mikey would get hurt, too. ******.
* I asked Rachel for a kiss. Like I said, no secret how their relationship turned out.

ADDITIONAL CHOICES:
- I told Eliot I intended to go. Mostly because Rachel was performing and I figured she'd like for me to be there.
- I agreed to start over with David. I said that mostly for Joyce.
- I put the singing man bobble head on the dashboard. Now the truck is complete.
- I didn't pay off the debt with Frank. I already gave him the money Chloe owed him before in the first episode.
- I didn't tell Steph Rachel was single. The way things were going on between Chloe and Rachel, I'd say they were already becoming an item. Sorry, Steph.
- I didn't return Drew's money to him. Didn't get the chance to since I already handed it over to Damon.
- I told Samantha to get Nathan some space. Figured that would be the best thing to do.
- I confronted Victoria and got her to drink her own spiked tea. Nighty-night, Queen *******.
- I told Rachel I'd like to go to Los Angeles. That was the plan that she tells Max when they reunite three years later.
- I attacked James. Didn't see the point in calming Rachel. Might as well let the cat out of the bag.

Skeeter1999
20th Oct 2017, 16:36
I Love This Game!!! They Are really setting this game up for some cool stuff! You could really release a whole other game after this called " Life Is Strange After the storm" were you find out Rachel was the storm so you go back to save Rachel, Chloe, and the town! Because it is borderline painful to see and get so close to the characters Rachel and Chloe just for Rachel and possibly Chloe to be dead... They cloud really set it up good and all the Max lovers would get Max back! I don't know maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I would totally buy that game and many others probably would too! I have so many idea's for what a next game could be like!!! Like what if Max and Chloe found out that Max could bring someone with her when she time travels by holding on to them. So many cool ways this could go! PLEASE DON'T STOP WITH THIS LAST GAME!!! Rachel and possibly Chloe can't die after this!!!!!!!!!!

Skeeter1999
20th Oct 2017, 16:55
I Love The Life is Strange franchise!!! They Are really setting this game up for some cool stuff! You could really release a whole other game after Life is Strange: Before the Storm called " Life Is Strange: After the storm" were you find out Rachel was the storm so you go back to save Rachel, Chloe, and the town! Because it is borderline painful to see and get so close to the characters Rachel and Chloe just for Rachel and possibly Chloe to be dead... They could really set it up good and all the Max lovers would get Max back! I don't know maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I would totally buy that game and many others probably would too! I have so many idea's for what a next game could be like!!! Like what if Max and Chloe found out that Max could bring someone with her when she time travels by holding on to them. So many cool ways this could go! PLEASE DON'T STOP WITH THIS LAST GAME!!! Rachel and possibly Chloe can't die after this!!!!!!!!!!

kreon_
20th Oct 2017, 19:38
After finishing the second episode, I started a second playthrough with another save slot.
At the junk yard, I found the truck. Chloe pushes out the battary and the next mission of chloe is to find a new battery. It's also written on her hand. But (!) the new battery is already in the truck, the bonnet of the truck is closed, the interior (blue light bulb, pirate flag, golf thing) ist present.
At this point, I cannot continue the game, because I cannot get a new battery. Als the repairs of my first playthrough are already there.
What to do?
[ PC via steam, german ]