PDA

View Full Version : To the Developers: Hail to the King Trophy

megabug7
19th Sep 2017, 14:55
Hail to the King
Jump rope 1000 times without tripping and obtain King of Jump Rope.

Is this meant to be a joke?
No one wants this trophy for various reasons and the in-game reward you get for doing it is questionable, considering the amount of effort that is required.

I ask the developers to consider removing this trophy as it's not a popular trophy for an otherwise popular game (and I am sure a lot of people would like to platinum this game)

Thanks

Gasherz
19th Sep 2017, 19:54
To SquareEnix:

The Playstation 4 trophy community is not pleased with the decision to include the "Hail to the king" trophy in FFIX PS4.

We ask that you please seriously consider removing the trophy in question.

Thank you.

RickyD254
19th Sep 2017, 21:27
^ agreeed. This trophy is ridiculous. I'm not even going to attempt it nor the platinum in this game unless they change it.

JoshD83
19th Sep 2017, 23:33
Absolutely yes to remove this ridiculous trophy.

Please do trophy hunters and old school gamers in general who absolutely adore and worship this game a massive service and remove this trophy. It makes the platinum nearly unobtainable and a complete chore to attain. As stated the in-game reward isn't even up to par with the amount of effort one would have to put in.

In the same respect, it's a gold trophy whilst beating the entire game is merely a bronze, something that takes over 30 hours of time in and of itself to do. Is it hard? No, but people deserve something for their time investment.

This game is one of my top five games of all time Square-Enix. I've purchased it on the PS1, PSP, Steam, and now PS4 and I would fork over money for a true remake the second it was announced. That being said, this trophy makes me angry. I'm a level 45 trophy hunter and I want, at the very least, to be able to try and get the platinum without drinking fifteen cups of coffee so I can stay awake and focus long enough to even attempt jumping rope 1000 times.

Thank you for letting me rant and I sincerely hope you take it to heart because I've already seen a lot of comments about this and the game was only released about 8 hours ago. Please remove this trophy.

wankel77
20th Sep 2017, 02:35
Agree with the above, got really excited when I found out it's out for the PS4 only to be disappointed when I found this requirement in the trophy list. I can't vote in the poll either but my vote would be for removing this trophy, the jump roping minigame wasn't fun to begin with and getting 1000 in a row is damn near impossible.

Antendo
20th Sep 2017, 07:12
I'd vote 'Yes' on the poll too if it let me.

Although I do understand why you'd make this trophy, this is still a very bad trophy. The timing is just way too precise to do with all of the input lag that comes from using a wireless controller and modern TV:s. I've just spent an hour trying to look for a good visual or audio cue to time the button presses with, but none of them seem to be reliable. 9 times out of 10 the minigame just ends at 25 jumps, and so far my best has been 53. That's only 53 IN AN HOUR OF TRYING! I'll be happy if I even get the trophy for 100 jumps without tripping.

As a suggestion, just make it a 1000 cumulative jumps instead of consecutive, and remove the requirement of getting the key item. Hell, if you make it cumulative, make it 10,000 jumps, at least it would be obtainable then.

MeatyMuffin
20th Sep 2017, 07:17
Absolutely! I can hardly manage the 100 jump trophy, much less the 1000 jump. This minigame has always been the bane of my existence as far as 100% completion is concerned. I've never managed any higher than 300 consecutive jumps in this game and to know that this is the one trophy that will keep me from getting the platinum in one of my favorite Final Fantasy entries is killing me.

Why not change it to something more obtainable? Even the Excalibur II trophy is more pheasable than this...

meliusd
20th Sep 2017, 09:36
I agree.

I have played this game many times over, and the reason i bought the PS4 version, is so that i can get the platinum trophy, just like i have done with 7, 10, and 12.
I really do not mind a challenge, but this difficulty would be a 12/10.
I have plenty of challenging trophies, but this one is quickly finding it's way to the most difficult and maybe even most rediculous one out there.
I can not place a vote for some reason, but i say YES to removing this one as it is a very unfitting trophy for such an amazing game.

ThaiChi
20th Sep 2017, 10:26
Gonna have to throw in my vote to remove this trophy as well. The rest of them are reasonable, but this one is insane. I am very much a fan of FF and I've got everything from FFVII to FFXV 100% that's possible. I'm not even a hardcore trophy hunter, just want my trophy collection to reflect how much of a fan I am.

Metdevil
20th Sep 2017, 11:41
This is going to be a difficult trophy, and I never did it in the original FFIX, but no, it shouldn't be changed.
Leave it as it is. So some people won't get the platinum, too bad, they're just going to have to try harder.
To remove or change the trophy would be to take away from the original achievement within the game.

The King of Jump Rope Key Item has been in the game since its release, it's always been there and no one has had any issues with it being there until it threatened to get in the way of their precious platinum trophy.

Not all trophies are a certificate of participation. You just weren't meant to get this one, let it go.
(If anything needs to change, trophy-wise, make the x2 speed cheat negate the The Ultimate Sword trophy)

de_la_red
20th Sep 2017, 13:11
Another huge YES for removing this insane achievement.
FF9 trophy-list already have very challenging things like tetra-master, Ozma and Excalibur II, so why the jumps?

It's not like regular whining about Platinum which is just needed for collection, it's about childhood and getting achievements for the most favourite game, something like a "hell, i've beaten ff9 7 times when i was 12, so now i'm 24 and it will be a run for the Plat".
I understand that there are people (1 or 2) who actually can waste hours of their life and manage to learn all these jumps patterns, but hey others just cheating and using some auto-click stuff according to steam-forums!
So what a point of keeping this achievement anyway?

Remove this from a trophy-list.
Thank you.

megabug7
20th Sep 2017, 17:41
Not sure if the poll is working :(

Viking_God_Thor
20th Sep 2017, 17:49
Poll isnt working, but I would vote with "Yes"....

Drugsline
20th Sep 2017, 19:17
Completely agree. Why destroy the memories of a beautiful game by this truly stupid trophy? What's the point of this? Let people enjoy nostalgia and remember youth. And then in the end it turns out that this trophy will be only for people who use devices with macros for PS4. And why then is it all needed?

P.S.
Vote doesn't work

MeatyMuffin
20th Sep 2017, 20:13
It won't let me vote on this poll and it won't tell me why. Also I'm not sure that any of my posts are actually getting through.

The-lost-cause78
20th Sep 2017, 21:56
This would have to be the most idiotic trophy I have ever seen, this needs to be changed. An excellent and most enjoyable game has become a joke all because of one meaningless trophy. Get rid of it.

saintfighteraqua
20th Sep 2017, 23:00
I can't vote in the poll for whatever reason, but I agree that this nuisance (and even the 100x version) be removed. They are in no way fun or enjoyable to try for and 9 out of 10 doctors say this trophy is a leading cause in carpal tunnel syndrome. The 10th. doctor has such bad carpal tunnel he couldn't even write a report after trying for this trophy!
But seriously, I despise trophies like this and the stupid challenges they represent. This and the 200 lightning dodges in FFX are ridiculous challenges that take me out of the game.

R_O_B420
20th Sep 2017, 23:57
1000 times really who ever comes up with some of these trophy ideas needs fired, seriously...

JakeAStrife
21st Sep 2017, 02:33
This trophy NEEDS removed. It is utterly ridiculous! Usually I wouldn't complain about tough trophies, but this one is just too much for pretty much everyone. FFIX is my favorite Final Fantasy game, and as a Trophy Hunter, this ruins the whole experience for me. I don't even want to buy it now!

de_la_red
21st Sep 2017, 05:56
Another huge YES for removing this insane achievement.
FF9 trophy-list already have very challenging things like tetra-master, Ozma and Excalibur II, so why the jumps?

It's not like regular whining about Platinum which is just needed for collection, it's about childhood and getting achievements for the most favourite game, something like a "hell, i've beaten ff9 7 times when i was 12, so now i'm 24 and it will be a run for the Plat".
I understand that there are people (1 or 2) who actually can waste hours of their life and manage to learn all these jumps patterns, but hey others just cheating and using some auto-click stuff according to steam-forums!
So what a point of keeping this achievement anyway?

Remove this from a trophy-list.
Thank you.

arronjohnsonuk
21st Sep 2017, 09:33
This trophy is completely stupid. Been trying non-stop for the past 4 hours and I've spent around 10 hours now in total. I can get to 200 jumps with almost 100% consistency but the temp change completely throws you off and I end up failing anywhere between 202-207. It takes far too long to get to this point to actually practice the switch.

Furthermore the tempo switch seems to happen at jump 201 whereas the previous tempo switches are at 20, 50, 100 exactly.

Anyways, I'm giving up. I have wrist and thumb pain from trying for too long. You would think Square Enix would learn from their previous mistakes in regards to making gamers sick (Pandemonium Warden I'm looking at you.) And the worst part is they decided to add a trophy for 100 jumps which means I'm now stuck with a game that I'll probably never platinum as the game is no longer at 0% and can't be deleted.

arronjohnsonuk
21st Sep 2017, 09:59
This trophy is completely stupid. Been trying non-stop for the past 4 hours and I've spent around 10 hours now in total. I can get to 200 jumps with almost 100% consistency but the temp change completely throws you off and I end up failing anywhere between 202-207. It takes far too long to get to this point to actually practice the switch.

Furthermore the tempo switch seems to happen at jump 201 whereas the previous tempo switches are at 20, 50, 100 exactly.

Anyways, I'm giving up. I have wrist and thumb pain from trying for too long. You would think Square Enix would learn from their previous mistakes in regards to making gamers sick (Pandemonium Warden I'm looking at you.) And the worst part is they decided to add a trophy for 100 jumps which means I'm now stuck with a game that I'll probably never platinum as the game is no longer at 0% and can't be deleted.

arronjohnsonuk
21st Sep 2017, 10:02

Furthermore the tempo switch seems to happen at jump 201? Whereas the previous tempo switches are at 20, 50, 100 exactly.

Gasherz
21st Sep 2017, 10:29
I have posted a reply but it is yet to pass admin check for some reason... also, I am not allowed to vote for some other reason.

*SIGH*

Omnidime
21st Sep 2017, 12:52
Please reconsider this. I feel like this is really disrespectful of our time. Gamers have so many options out there competing for our time and as a completionist I have to reconsider whether I want this game on my profile if I'll never be willing to plough so many hours into something that really isn't very fun at all. This is one of my all-time favourite games and I've bought it many times over on various platforms. Now that it finally gets trophies I was excited to play it all over again but knowing I'll never be able to get the platinum makes me wonder if I should dip in at all and I'm sure this was never the intention. We love FFIX please don't change our fond memories of this amazing game by making us do something so unenjoyable.

megabug7
21st Sep 2017, 15:32
I messaged an admin and it seems you need to have 'Gamer' status before you can vote

30 posts and 14 days of membership makes you a Gamer.
Your PM box can now hold 500 messages, you can vote in polls and create your own polls, and you can use hyper links, smilies and text formatting BB code in your signature.

Which makes this thread pointless if members' participation on these forum are restricted based on their member 'status'

I'll request this thread to be closed

Viking_God_Thor
21st Sep 2017, 20:11
Still I think, this Trophy should at least be changed in at least 1000 jumps total, nlt in a Row at least.

whuzzat
24th Sep 2017, 05:09
Is there a chance they could actually do this? I have no problem with difficult trophies, but this one is outrageously misplaced in this game with this list. Not to mention it has an adoring fan base that would love the platinum in their collection. I really hope this can be changed, because I'm already starting to see people offering to do this for money, and others talking about how to cheat to get it.

Phoenixyoke
28th Sep 2017, 07:38
If I new this was a trophy I wouldn't have bought the game DX, remove the trophy or please let people get refunds cos sony suck.

MidnightShiva
4th Oct 2017, 14:09
Square have lost a from me, ive platinumed VII, X, X2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIII3, and XV, its a joke of a trophy and final fantasy 9 is a game i consider myself very good at, but this trophy is a joke and is stopping me buying it. Remove it ill buy it.