PDA

View Full Version : Should they ruch it or make us wait?

Bat-mite
22nd Nov 2002, 17:58
Well, folks, should Eidos put the heat on IonStorm to get Thief 3 out while the demand is high? Or should they wait and get everything perfect, even if it means a long time? Fire away!

Munin the Raven
24th Nov 2002, 01:28
I'm hoping the game will be near perfect the third time around, so I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. I'd rather not see another rush-job like Thief II with missing missions throughout and unpolished ones at the end.

Mr. Perfect
25th Nov 2002, 21:45
What a silly question. ;)

Komag
26th Nov 2002, 03:37
I vote for wait, for the normal reasons plus this one: Thief 3 is likely to be the last Thief we'll get (I think), so the later it is released and the better and more demanding (system wise) it is, the longer it's legacy will extend and the happier we'll be as Thief fans for a long time :D

Runtime
26th Nov 2002, 21:02
Poll: Should they ruch it or make us wait?

Wait what is a ruch? :p

mOdEtWo
27th Nov 2002, 13:11
I'll wait! I rather want a "perfect" Thief 3 in 2 years, than an "unfinished" Thief 3 in 2 months...

Bat-mite
27th Nov 2002, 18:11
Thanks for voting!

A "ruch" is Mite-language for "rush". ;)

Komag, why do you think this will be the last one?

Zaccheus
12th Dec 2002, 14:27
I didn't vote because in my view they release it when it is ready. They will have a set of things they want to do. That should be all that they do. They should make that perfect, but not do too much more. Otherwise the product will never be released, or certain parts of the product will be out of date by the time it is released.
:)

ChangelingJane
12th Dec 2002, 21:21
A finished game? Hell, I'd settle for something new on the official website ^_^

Zaccheus
15th Dec 2002, 18:03
LOL.
:)

Digital Ruin
18th Dec 2002, 10:12
Of course most people are going to say wait unless they have no patience. I also say wait. It's going to take a while tocome out anyways so why not spend another year making it great. Rush jobs always come out like crap.

DR

newk007
9th Jan 2003, 12:13
I don't mind waiting. I'll play it for months on end, perhaps longer after it is released. Besides no one wants a rush job on a game of this importance!!! :D

Whatz His Name
1st Apr 2003, 19:39
In my opinion, waiting would benefit everyone. For us fans, it will mean that we will have a highly polished game that works properly and enhances the gaming experience. For Ion and Eidos, word of mouth is the best advertisement. If they please the fans with a great game, more games will be sold.

Squid
7th Apr 2003, 07:51
I'd be satisfied in waiting if they'd just give us some news... any news. Just something that lets us know, the loyal fans, that really is a game in development. How about a screenshot or something similar? Concept Art? Extremely Tentative Release Date? Something?

Squid

ChangelingJane
9th Apr 2003, 17:55
At this point, I'd be happy with a short interview where they just acknowledge that the game is in development, and at what stage they're at.

Clumsyorchid
26th Jul 2004, 02:57
not really relevant anymore, closed.