PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number???

and1616
22nd Nov 2002, 02:32
Where did they put the serial number? I have looked everywhere and there is not a 16 digit serial number on any of the pieces that were in my box. I see plenty of ten digit long codes. Is it located on a separate sheet or what?

Thank you.

trezey
22nd Nov 2002, 02:46
My version came in a plastic jewel case. On the lower left corner of the rear of the case was a paper label with the serial number.

and1616
22nd Nov 2002, 13:14
Was it a label stuck to the jewel case or a separate sheet because my jewel case doesn't have a serial number anywhere on it.

I've sent an e-mail to eidos. Looks like I have to wait a little longer.

Thank you for the reply.

trezey
30th Nov 2002, 01:06
Mine was on a paper label that was glued to the jewel case.

I wish you success with your search for a serial number!

Dr. Love
3rd Dec 2002, 21:09
The serial number is on a sticker on the jewel case. In the unlikely event of a missing sticker, contact our customer support and they will fill you in on what you need to send them to get a new one mailed to you.

-Dr. Love

and1616
13th Dec 2002, 14:43
Thank you for your response. I did contact Eidos through e-mail, however they told me I had to return the game to the store I bought it at and they would give me a new one. I'm not going to drive thirty minutes to get a new code. As you say, they should be able to give me one through the mail. I am currently using one that was listed on the internet, but I think you need your own specific one for playing online. I specifically told them the sticker wasn't on the back of the cd. What do they tell me? It's on the back of the cd. I'm not blind, I can tell the difference. If they can't make this an easy exchange, why bother with them. I like the game and a few others they have made, but I'll take my business elsewhere if I have to.

Dr. Love
13th Dec 2002, 18:10
The customer care folks might have thought it was easier for you to get to the store. If you just call them, and ask them what address to send your bad copy in to, then mail it in, they will replace it. The phone # is (415) 615-6220.

Hope this helps.