PDA

View Full Version : objects are off center

Xcom
20th Nov 2002, 22:35
I exported custom object from MAX. Then converted it to bin (like several tuts say). Anyway, in Thief2 it shows fine (with textures and all) only the center is messed up. The object falls half way thru the floor. The tutorials say that if this happens, the object must be centered properly in MAX but it is already centered. Its origin is at (0,0,0) coords.

Am I missing something here?

Stile451
20th Nov 2002, 23:20
Do you have the dimensions set properly in Dromed?

If that doesn't work then you could try to have the bottom of the object at the 0 z co-ordinate, or you could fool around in the bin file and see what happens.

Xcom
21st Nov 2002, 00:42
Originally posted by Salvage
Do you have the dimensions set properly in Dromed?

Do you mean physics>model>dimensions ?
I just changed the model of the existing object with my custom model. I didn't change anything else. Was I supposed to?

amievil?
21st Nov 2002, 01:08
i think what salvage means is if you changed the size of an object in dromed, you must also change it in its properties. if the object you brought in is the same as the one you took out, you shouldnt have probs. if its slightly different, it has to be set to whatever its supposed to be or wierd things happen. its this way with all objects. of course, take what i say with a grain of salt becuase ive never fooled with custom objects :D

Stile451
21st Nov 2002, 01:24
Originally posted by Xcom
Do you mean physics>model>dimensions ?
I just changed the model of the existing object with my custom model. I didn't change anything else. Was I supposed to?

That exactly what I meant, and you do need to change the properties or you get the walk into object/invisible boundary problem(I remember that there's a table in Dromed that has the walk into object problem). This is probably the same problem with different symptoms.

If your object doesn't need to move you can set location, rotation in one of the properties(can't remember which one).

Xcom
21st Nov 2002, 02:00
Originally posted by Salvage
If your object doesn't need to move you can set location, rotation in one of the properties(can't remember which one).

Luckily, this one doesn't, I was just experimenting.
I did play with dimensions settings for a bit but I couldn't get it to move realistically. Maybe the model itself is too weird.

Thanks anyway.