PDA

View Full Version : question about special triggers

Croft Nut
20th Nov 2002, 19:07
Hi all you experts
I know we can't stack special triggers. But is there a way to stack triggers, which would give the same effect as two switch triggers,on the same square?. I have a project where operating a switch, needs to have the effect of changing the code bits of an object,just like the switch type of trigger does.

Croft Nut

MountainDewNut
20th Nov 2002, 19:10
have the one under the switch trigger a flyby, and have the flyby trigger what you want. (remember to add 14 to the camera so that it'll trigger a heavy trigger)

Croft Nut
20th Nov 2002, 19:59
Thanks MDN
I;m not sure if a heavy trigger will flip all the code bits, but I'll give it a try.

Edit
No that did'nt work nor did a heavy switch trigger. If this could be solved, we would have a fully working sequence switch puzzle.

Croft Nut

Collin
22nd Nov 2002, 00:01
I don't understand what you're trying to do.... What are you trying? Do you want a trigger to let's say open a door and in the mean time change the ocb of an object?

I have some ideas, but it's just a one shot thingy (so you can only do it once).....
Use a switch and a switchtrigger to activate a door, and put another trigger for a flipmap. Then put a trigger for the ocb changing on the same tile as the switchtrigger (but in the flipmap). So Lara would activate the second trigger when she's standing in the flipmap....
Or use the boulder room to accomplish the same.

Or if you want to do it ocb codes, you could read the tutorial I've written here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2268) at the bottom of the thread (and use the exception). ;)

I have no idea what you're asking, so if I have given you unnecessary advice, I'm sorry....

Croft Nut
22nd Nov 2002, 19:19
Collin
I can't be to specific about what I'm trying to do, as that would give away the puzzle I'm working on. I need to flip the code bits on an object,by pulling a switch. I have found a way to do it, and the puzzle does work but not exactly how I wanted it to.

Croft Nut

aktrekker
24th Nov 2002, 19:17
But if you put a switch trigger under a switch, won't it flip the code bits like a switch trigger?

Could it be you are trying to change the code bits of an object that doesn't allow it? Or an object where the code bits don't do anything? Like a pickup or something?

Croft Nut
24th Nov 2002, 21:01
I solved the problem in the end, see my post download working sequence switch.