PDA

View Full Version : commandos 2 night of the wolves

polka
19th Nov 2002, 20:30
I think I passed the level, but now I have to wait for dawn. I've to hide Natasha but I don't know where? can somebody help me!

ICEY
19th Nov 2002, 21:40
Make her walk down the road into the corner of the map.

4Eyes
20th Nov 2002, 07:48
You have to hide the Thief (the little fast guy), not Natasha. There is a building close by the gate. It consists of a hallway with a corner and three rooms with bunks. Have the thief enter the rightmost room. This depends of course on how you turn the camera, but it's the single room. Press the shift key and move your mouse around the bottom of the bed there and the cursor should change. Left click to make the thief hide under the bed.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter where Natasha is. She was still in the radio building when I made the thief hide and the mission ended anyway.

Good luck

1shot1kill
20th Nov 2002, 10:29
Yup, it only matters where Lupin is, Natasha and Whiskey can be anywhere.

Pomfretian
15th Oct 2003, 14:38
Yeah strange that about Whiskey being anywhere, because the first time I played it, I gave Whiskey to Natasha, I had her jump in the boat with Whiskey and ride off.

Then the Das Boot mission kicks in and Lupin suddenly "miraculously" has Whiskey back by his side and prompty introduces Whiskey to the team.

Pyro should've forced the player to keep Whiskey with Lupin if they wanted to use this story for the next mission, something along the lines of getting the dog to do one final thing before the Mission is accomplished...This would involve getting Lupin to hide under the bed, then a cut-scene with a German guard who prompty lies on the bed, thus trapping Lupin with no chance of escape. Then a tranmission from HQ informing Lupin that he will need something for the next day, leaving the only available solution of getting the dog (wherever it may be) to get the 'something';which only the dog can get (i.e. not Natasha) and return it to Lupin under the bed. The mission should thus end in the following manner:-

1a. Lupin hides under the bed.
1b. Natasha rides the boat past the mines without Whiskey (if Natasha were to ride with Whiskey, Natasha should inform the player that Lupin might need Whiskey for both the night and his escape, and that she should drop Whiskey somewhere).

Only when these two have objectives have been achieved should a cut-scene kick in, whereby Natasha's boat leaves the playing area (she took off to sea), and Lupin gets his late transmission.

ragsy
15th Oct 2003, 23:18
The story is all over the place anyway

starting to go a bit off topic but in Haiphong, you infiltrate the Aircraft carrier with GB,Thief,Sapper and Natasha
Yet when the carrier sails you have the magical dissapearnce of Natasha and the appearance of the Driver

Pomfretian
20th Oct 2003, 15:38
It seems strange that with such a highly detailed and wonderful game that these occurances were not ironed out before release. I suppose it doesn't detract from anyone's enjoyment of the game, but it seems to be an unnecessary oversight.

damen2003
26th Oct 2003, 01:41
Another place where the story is messed up is at the end of private smith. After you resist the invasion you see a cut scene where the allied soldiers are waving and theyre on the building where smith was rescued. i dont know anybody who resists the invasion leaving their allied soldiers on that building. All the ppl ive played it with take the allies else where then they suddenly appear back on their 1st position on the cut scene!!!

Taking nothing away from the game or the level though!

Twitch
28th Oct 2003, 19:24
The GIs that are waving at the end of Ryan- pretend they're from a unit that mooved to the town. :)