PDA

View Full Version : So What's Next For TR 3 Game-Wise?

Lara_Fan_84
7th Mar 2017, 00:34
I know at the end of TR we saw a hint of where she was headed next with helped create a small link to the next game. Unless I completely missed it, which I probably did, did we see anything that gives a hint as to where Lara is headed next? I feel like she fulfilled her purpose and has nothing else to do. Are they just going to create random stories now for each game? I liked the first game a lot more. I feel like the story was better and it seemed to flow and connect and leave you wanting more. Then, you get this nice ending that shows what Lara is doing next and it makes sense. I know there was some speculation as to what she was looking at on the map but at least it left us with something.

What do you guys think?

Error96_
7th Mar 2017, 18:41
I have always preferred an 'I only play for sport' motivation. I want to see Lara's passion for history and exploring rather than chasing down Trinity or trying to find her parents. Lara's abilities seem pretty developed so there isn't much journey but making the artefact the centre of the story could compensate. If Lara is feeling more confident then hopefully we will see her dress more stylish which is badly needed. I liked Rise's story better than 2013 as the side characters seemed more developed but both needed the tombs and myths to a bigger part of the narrative.

Tihocan
8th Mar 2017, 00:24
My guess?

A bit of reading says she's going after Kennard Montez in Yucatan, to get her book back. Yucatan, along with the Gulf of Honduras, is considered to be part of the "Beniny" or Mayan sacred lands. Beniny is believed to be the birthplace of the Fountain of Youth.
The Mayan Chilam Balam relates that the first inhabitants of Yucatan were the Chanes or "People of the Serpent" who came across the water from the East with their Leader Itzamna who was called the "Serpent of the East." He was a healer and could cure by laying on of hands and even revived the dead.

Wikipedia: Fountain of Youth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth)
Chilam Balam (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/chilam_balam/index.htm)
I put it in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't read books, played games or wants it all to be completely unknown.

Lara_Fan_84
8th Mar 2017, 00:51
My guess?

A bit of reading says she's going after Kennard Montez in Yucatan, to get her book back. Yucatan, along with the Gulf of Honduras, is considered to be part of the "Beniny" or Mayan sacred lands. Beniny is believed to be the birthplace of the Fountain of Youth.
The Mayan Chilam Balam relates that the first inhabitants of Yucatan were the Chanes or "People of the Serpent" who came across the water from the East with their Leader Itzamna who was called the "Serpent of the East." He was a healer and could cure by laying on of hands and even revived the dead.

Wikipedia: Fountain of Youth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth)
Chilam Balam (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/chilam_balam/index.htm)
I put it in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't read books, played games or wants it all to be completely unknown.

Hmm...interesting theory. :scratch: It would make for a great adventure if done right.

a_big_house
8th Mar 2017, 17:27
Meesa hopes for lush tropical environments, no snow, no ice, no rain, some water, yes to beaches, double yes to waterfalls, climbable palm trees, throwable coconut grenades, palm leaf bandages, kick-ass enemies, no generic shooter stuff. With regards to
The fountain of youth
It needs to be evil and melt people, Lara needs to lose the fight to get there first and see it happen to the main bad guy (or gal)

Tihocan
9th Mar 2017, 00:31
If any of what said above is true, then the environments should be pretty lush and varied.

It needs to be evil and melt people, Lara needs to lose the fight to get there first and see it happen to the main bad guy (or gal)
Hah! I'd hope for something that exponentially increases the traits of the person who uses it, like a good/bad person becomes super good/bad, with creationist/destructive powers, while providing the sought after immortality.

Rai
10th Mar 2017, 15:02
I don't know why you'd think Lara has achieved her purpose and has nothing else do, Lara_Fan_84. Why would she stop there? Yes, she'd successfully found the Prophet and the artefect that had started with her father's research, so achieving that goal. But in doing so, she'd seen further proof of the existence of an immortal soul and in doing so it's heightened her own interest that she has expressed through the game. She's now free to keep searching for myths just for her own interest. And CD/EM are free to f make standalone stories if they wish, just as previously. Though I think they'll link the next game, if loosely to the last two.

I do think that, unfortunately, Trinity will play a large role in the game as the main antagonists - again *sigh*, but I am hoping there will still be some supernatural threat to balance out the human ratio. I am also hoping for a hotter climate this time around. I don't really have any ideas as to where she could go.