PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Series on all Consoles

Musashi001
4th Jun 2012, 15:18
1) Fans: Fans HAVE been split. Some have PS3s. Some have Xbox 360s. I have an Xbox. Fans that are on the Xbox would crap their pants if they were able to play Kingdom Hearts on Xbox. I know I would.
2) MONEY: Sales would go WAY up if Square allowed a Multi-console/platform Kingdom Hearts game/collection. Again, pants will be crapped in and everyone will be happy!
3) Reputation: Showing that you don't keep certain games to a select number of gamers (certain companies apply to the "exclusive" group) then that will show you're willing to give fans what they want! It shows you don't discriminate and you want EVERYONE to enjoy what you have made.
4) Why not?: Would it hurt to give it a shot? No. Square already has a few games out on Xbox, why not throw a KH HD Collection into the lot? Couldn't hurt. It would make money. Everyone will be happy.

Those are my reasons. Thank you.

Discrimination: The death of fun for everyone.

TheStraightEdgeOne
4th Jun 2012, 16:25
i completly agree with this and i know it would piss off they loyal fanbase that have played since KH 1 and played all of them from there but got only xboxs and they realese KH3 or KH HD only for ps3 and maybe the people are having a money crisis so going multi-console would be the best they could do for the Kingdom Hearts Franchise

Persiangato
4th Jun 2012, 20:48
Guess I'll take the role of the devil's advocate since I can't imagine many arguing against more Kingdom Hearts.

Money and Sales

You reach a larger audience, but at what cost? You quote sales would go "WAY up" and that there would be many crapping in pants, but how does this relate to receiving even more money? You could end up with less with poor sales, like factoring in the market (the 360 edition was considered a flop, because it didn't even make the top twenty in sales for its release week in Japan), cannibalizing sales (selling much less PS3 copies, because a 360 edition exists), or the money spent on porting it could have been used for other projects. Imagine receiving a 10% return for the port, but a 20% port for a new IP. If you have an unlimited amount of funding, you do both; however, if you don't, it's better off just taking the better returning project.

If more sales simply meant it should be done, we'd receive localization from basically every single game created in Japan to the EU. From there, it'd easily get to the states, but this is rarely what happens. I'm inclined to believe that their company's analysts understand the markets better than what we do given the data they have available and what we've got here (absolutely nothing) on our forum.

Quality and Gameplay

You divide your team to make a same game on two different platforms which is a time consuming and costly process. Bug testing aside, there are still major differences that can be seen at the end of its production. Look at Call of Duty on the Wii for example. Larger audience hit, but major dive in graphics. Or consider Bayonetta for the 360 and PS3. The frame rate and loading time greatly differed for the PS3 version. You couldn't even get as large of chain combos bonuses, because of this. There were patches, but it took over a year.

Have you played the GBA's Chain of Memories and then compared with the PS2's? A recent example would be the sequel to 999: Nine hours, Nine persons, Nine doors. It's coming out for both the PS-Vita and the 3DS and development is very different for the two. The Vita is having boosted graphics, but it's said to be condensed with poorer touch controls (similar to the phoenix wright series on the iOS) whereas the 3DS will have a different experience altogether.

Aside from that, you have to consider the time spent on this and where you could get more use from it. The time spent on the port could have been spent on developing the game even further. You could have a better, more polished game with extra content and cleaning thanks to more resources being spent on it or you could have a port of the same game.

I'd rather have the better game.

System Sellers

Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all looking for ways to best the competition. This comes at the expense of third party developers. Nintendo used to threaten companies to cut off all third party support if they did not make the game also available for their system. Sony would reject any game made for its PlayStation if it'd be a straight port -- unless the game had additional content of some sort that the other versions did not have, it would never be approved. This is what they do, they want the fans of a series to go to their console. It’s a decision that they want you to make, since many people see consoles as being a luxury and only having one or two rather than all of the platforms.

I'm not sure if you were serious or not when you said it's discrimination, but if you want to take that up with anybody, go straight for Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. A multiplat won't be as supported as an exclusive, might not even receive any assistance with advertising at all. This is a major hit in your more money/sales case. They could very well make a lot less with the more costs.

Overall, Square Enix is being very fair to their fans. They’ve released for the DS and the PSP, and very soon the 3DS. So they’re clearly out trying to reach more people. They might be able to go out of their way to create ports for each console, but they have a responsibility to more people than just their fans. Square Enix has treat their employees and shareholders just as well as their fans.

I guess there are some more arguments, but I’d be all for a 360 edition it assuming that there isn’t any multiplayer for the next Kingdom Hearts. I’d rather not pay for a service that’s offered for free on a different one. Man, the way they treated TF2 was absurd.

member_10074094
4th Jun 2012, 22:34
The above post is way to long to read so I am not sure if this was mentioned, but simply put, why can't we ps3 owners have halo if you can get KH? Or wii owners?

Simlply put, its because these console companies make deals with the developers to keep games exlusive. Exlcusivness can be a determining factor when gamers decide which console to buy. And these console companies might even be (and probably are) paying a sum to the developers to keep their exclusivity, which may even be offsetting the loss to the oposite console (or coming close enough that losing the loyal fans makes up for the rest).

It sucks but, if every platform had every game, then the only deciding factors would be 1) price (xbox wins) and 2) quality (debatable, since the hardware in ps3 is superior but xbox kinect is a cool enough gimmick to sway some people). If I had my way I could (legally) have all my games for computer, since the console hardware becomes outdates just as fast as a super computer... but a computer can be upgraded more frequently.

TheStraightEdgeOne
4th Jun 2012, 23:55
but think of it this way final fantasy started on a nintendo product then when to playstation then when to xbox so maybe the same thing that happened to FF can happen to kingdom hearts and your theroy on the "its because these console companies make deals with the developers to keep games exlusive" is incorect because kingdom hearts has been on 3 nintendo products (GBA:SP, DS, 3DS) so kingdom hearts is deffinatly not an exclusive title.

member_10637174
4th Jun 2012, 23:59
I agree big time

member_10074094
5th Jun 2012, 10:19
but think of it this way final fantasy started on a nintendo product then when to playstation then when to xbox so maybe the same thing that happened to FF can happen to kingdom hearts and your theroy on the "its because these console companies make deals with the developers to keep games exlusive" is incorect because kingdom hearts has been on 3 nintendo products (GBA:SP, DS, 3DS) so kingdom hearts is deffinatly not an exclusive title.

so they can't have deals with two companies to leave one competitor out of the loop? And also, why have the main console games been sony exclusives and not on Wii or gamecube?

Musashi001
6th Jun 2012, 02:50
All I'm saying is, I ******** WANT to play Kingdom Hearts again, but I do not have the space or money for a PS3/PS Vita/3DS for when the supposedly HD Collection comes out, nor do I have the ability to get a ps2 to play KH and KH2. I HAVE a PSP and played Birth By Sleep, but I don't understand it (Probably I couldn't care less about new characters and prefered Sora and the gang over these guys) and these other KH games on the DS and other stuff tick me off because I don't have a DS so I can't follow the ENTIRE story. Why must they put games that tie to a story on different consoles alone. It makes NO SENSE. And unless a person has NO common sense or has a butt load of money, they won't be able to play all the games. For example, Chain of Memories was on GBA but I didn't have that so I couldn't play it. While you didn't NEED to play Chain of Memories, it would help if you did to understand KH2 better. But then, just because a game tied to the story of a game you enjoy but is exclusively on another console doesn't mean you're gonna buy the console just to play THAT game. That doesn't make any SENSE! Therefore, these companies think that people have no common sense and want to keep game exclusive so people will buy their consoles for that game. It's silly.

What I'm REALLY trying to say is I WANT TO PLAY KINGDOM HEARTS AGAIN BUT SILLY COMPANIES AND THEIR RULES WON'T LET ME!!

The PSWii60: Because REAL gamers don't discriminate.
Take your silly exclusives and shove 'em!

member_10074094
6th Jun 2012, 08:22
remember that chain of memories was re-released on ps2. There is a possibilty that these handhelds will recieve the same treatment.

But I do understand your frustration. While I don't think 358/2 days will have any lasting impressions on the series, since the characters have all conveniently "forgotten" about the events of that game, KH3d and BBS are both major chapters and Square wants to make money by pushing these games onto handhelds that other players have, so all players can play KH on a handheld... which just screws the rest of us over who bought one and can't afford another.

Assassins Creed, for example, has many handheld spin off games about Ezio and Altair, but notice that if you never play those games, you don't feel left out of the loop. KH3 will probably leave players out of the loop, unable to understand who these three keyblade warriors are, or Xehanort and Vanitas, maybe even Xion. Its annoying and the reason why so many KH fans have given up on the series.

glen.watson.54
25th Feb 2013, 17:21
Kindom Hearts 2 was the second best selling game of 2006. But that was a console generation ago(Almost 2). Square has come a long way in that time with a lot of games on various consoles. This Kindom Hearts 1.5 remix should also be on the WiiU, XB360, with the PS3. There are a lot of KH fans that never bought a PS3. You done it on the handhelds, now it is time to break the exlusivity on main consoles.

edward.busch.18
26th Feb 2013, 09:23
unfortunetly contracts probly restrict this.... Handhelds are a diffrent market but Sony had the contract with Square when they left Nintendo On bad terms awhile ago. While Xbox is a American console that seen 1 game from Square no doubt it may someday happen but Im betting a contract was drawn On KH1 WAYYYY back for it to stay Sony for MAJOR releases

Keyblade22
6th Mar 2013, 20:38
Kindom Hearts 2 was the second best selling game of 2006. But that was a console generation ago(Almost 2). Square has come a long way in that time with a lot of games on various consoles. This Kindom Hearts 1.5 remix should also be on the WiiU, XB360, with the PS3. There are a lot of KH fans that never bought a PS3. You done it on the handhelds, now it is time to break the exlusivity on main consoles.

hey glen then sign the petition to make it come out on xbox 360. its worth a shot.

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en... (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-co-make-kingdom-hearts-hd-collection-come-out-on-xbox-360-as-well?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kickstart_petition)

melg2699
26th Jun 2013, 16:18
i don't understand why the creators of kingdom hearts made specific games for specific game consoles, i'm a playstation fan and i'd really wish i could play all the games in my playstation none the less i still am a huge fan (i currently have the ps3 and i am aware there will be a game that has 3 major games of kingdom hearts)

Grimoire
26th Jun 2013, 18:06
This thread belongs in the [KINGDOM HEARTS Series General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139243/235427/kingdom_hearts_series_general_discussion)] forum.

moooka
27th Jun 2013, 04:08
Sometimes the console makers pay to have these games exclusively on their consoles, as that helps them sell more units.

melg2699
28th Jun 2013, 08:14
ok thanks :)