PDA

View Full Version : Levels, hubs or open-world?

Error96_
22nd Jan 2017, 13:01
There are always quite a lot of differences of opinion about how TR games should be split up. Do you like the hub based system or prefer the old style level select? Maybe you want the series to go full open world? Discuss.

Rai
22nd Jan 2017, 22:22
I chose hubs. I like levels, but for me hub spaces just help to add a sense of connectivity. I love globe trotting as well and hubs can work with that, as long as you don't get too hung up om the practicality of fast travel between countries :P.

a_big_house
23rd Jan 2017, 22:46
I went with hubs, but I'd like to see more depth to them rather than them just being large open areas to travel through. The Mexico level in Underworld is a good example I think; you have one main objective (get underground) but have to travel to multiple areas around the map to gain access.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
27th Jan 2017, 02:06
I miss the feeling of achievement when you get the main theme playing and you get the statistics scene with the brightly coloured secrets. It just makes it easier to remember the game when is split into levels, there can be more diversity in locations and it improves replay/ time trials over the hubs.

Tihocan
30th Jan 2017, 07:13
I like open world games mostly, but with obvious exceptions ;)

Charlie_T_Raider
2nd Feb 2017, 12:26
I prefer levels as often the hubs feel a bit empty going back to them