PDA

View Full Version : More vibration instances for controller welcome (and other minor feedback)

adiforka
20th Jan 2017, 12:33
Hi devs, as I'm hoping you'll somehow be the ones to read this. Hi fellow players, too, of course.

Apologies if this has been said before, but here goes. I love the tactile sense the controller enriches games with through vibration.

I feel there is not enough of it in the current HITMAN game.

When 47 climbs, drops down, reloads, whatever, there's plenty of opportunity to implement more of that precious feel. I think it also would not be very time-consuming to actually do. And it would go a long way toward making us feel like 47 actually weighs something, like he exists in that world of his.

I've been playing HITMAN back to back with the division, and the latter does this tactile thing much better--you feel like the agent there actually has to use energy to get up or down places. It's wonderful. Meanwhile, 47 often feels not graceful, as is surely intended, but weightless, like a cardboard character. If we could have something like that in HITMAN, that'd be great.

Also, and I'm sure this has been lamented already, gun firing sounds sounds really bad, for the most part. Also also, no gore, now replaced by this general, I dunno what it is, well, when you die it's just a very simplistic animation and feels way unreal. And then, finally, while I know this is the farthest thing from a run and gun, in the name of player choice, especially for evasion and escape, a sprinting option would be wonderful, as in like a double button tap: one tap and hold--jog, double tap and hold--timed sprint. Would be cool.

All the best, and I hope to be playing the game for a long while.

jimbianco
20th Jan 2017, 20:12
Also, and I'm sure this has been lamented already, gun firing sounds sounds really bad, for the most part. Also also, no gore, now replaced by this general, I dunno what it is, well, when you die it's just a very simplistic animation and feels way unreal.

amen. 47 's damage needs to be shown more, so we actually know we are being shot, instead of just falling down. Very low budget nonsense. Gun sounds are so bad, it's funny.