PDA

View Full Version : Trigger FINISH problem!!!!!!!!! :( :(

xerses
18th Nov 2002, 11:50
Hi everyone!

I've done a little level but when I set Finish Trigger Tomb.exe crash (window error message)

The level is the first of three, it uses a custom wad but I want load only title and NOT other levels with other wads..I set also a number above the numbers of levels..game crashes!
HELP ME!!!!:( :( :(

prjsaves
18th Nov 2002, 12:44
Hi

It does the same to my levels. I also want it to go to the title screen but always crashes.

I also add the numbers as well but don't wan't to load another level as I know how to do that.

aktrekker
18th Nov 2002, 13:00
Level number ZERO is for the title.

xerses
18th Nov 2002, 13:28
Originally posted by aktrekker
Level number ZERO is for the title.

No Aktrekker, if I use 0 the finish trigger simply doesn't function..
If I use the number of the same level..yes..doesn't crash, but I want only TITLE..I see original maps in TRLE, city (I used a modified version of it), Finish trigger is set to ..24! But it return in the tITLE.. :(:(:(

KingSpyder
19th Nov 2002, 06:08
Sorry if I'm being a bit daft but, does the game crash only when Lara steps on the trigger and the tries to load the next level? A little more detail please. I may have an idea, but I don't want to look stupid if it's not what I'm thinking!

xerses
19th Nov 2002, 12:59
Yes, if Lara steps on the trigger the game load the level..but then crashes with Tomb4.exe!

It's the same as I explained in first post.. :)

prjsaves
19th Nov 2002, 13:14
Hi

Tries to load then TR 4 crashes. I did try 0 that does nothing.
Anything above crashes I have tried up to 4 at the moment.

I though it may have something to do with having a custom title screen but that was not it - I think more of a script problem ?

KingSpyder
20th Nov 2002, 07:23
Sounds to me like a Lara animation problem. I had the same problem jumping from "The Caves" to "The City of Vicabamba" for the OTRCP. It turned out that having the exact same animations for Lara fixed the problem. So, my suggestion is to copy what ever LARA object you want (the one with the prefered animations) to each WAD and re-convert to TR4. Again, this is what it sounds like to me, but I could be wrong....

aktrekker
24th Nov 2002, 18:51
You do use zero to go to the title screen.
I bet the problem is you haven't changed the load camera coordinates for your level. That will make tomb4 crash.