PDA

View Full Version : Missing key features from Alpha of the game.

Shadowarr
11th Jan 2017, 16:39
https://youtu.be/VdI5beIwf9I

This video clearly shows that suitcase and human shield features were already present in ALPHA (!) of the game.

https://youtu.be/cA2VVo9ShwA?t=620

Here we see that concealing items inside food crates was making a return in Alpha playtrough but is not featured in a final game, even tho it was a common action in Hitman franchise almost since the begining.

Why these -I think it's safe to call them already "iconic"- features are missing even though they were almost completely polished in alpha?

UPDATE!
https://youtu.be/YF_4FQQcTjI?t=437
At this moment in interview with IOI Lead Online Designer for Hitman we get confirmation that suitcase rifle will make a return someday.(Probably in season 2) Though we don;t know if suitcase for concealing other items will make a return with it still lets us know that IOI is listening to the community very well and that they care. Also I don;t see a reason why both kinds of cases wouldn't make a return at same time so that brings a lot of hope. (And hype for already confirmed classic suitcase rifle.)

List of mechanics from alpha that are gone:

- human shield
- suitcase for concealing items ( Suitcase rifle will make a return and it's confirmed but we don't know when and if suitcase for concealing other items will make a return with it.)
- concealing items inside food crates

Dear IOI. We - the players are missing these small, but yet very important mechanics. Please, bring them back!

47Chambers
12th Jan 2017, 02:48
Hitman without suitcase and double ballers is like Batman without mask and cape.
Edit: I just saw that video you posted and I have to say, Im really disappointed right now. I didn't know that the aplha had so much cool stuff that I WANT. I want all of it back in the main game.

1. Awesome looking 1911 gun he has in the video
2. Shotgun with silencer!
3. Suitcase (make the guards look into the case when body-searching)
4. Human shield ability
5. Background music sounds better in aplha. Only one part of the music is too loud, but overall it sounds better.

Nonoum
13th Jan 2017, 08:23
+1 for bringing these features back

Immadummee
14th Jan 2017, 01:56
Hitman without suitcase and double ballers is like Batman without mask and cape.
Edit: I just saw that video you posted and I have to say, Im really disappointed right now. I didn't know that the aplha had so much cool stuff that I WANT. I want all of it back in the main game.

1. Awesome looking 1911 gun he has in the video
2. Shotgun with silencer!
3. Suitcase (make the guards look into the case when body-searching)
4. Human shield ability

Yup agreed. But suitcase didn't make it due to physics issue. I'm sure they'll have it for season 2. As well as the human shield. But we already have a silenced shotgun.

47Chambers
14th Jan 2017, 03:28
Yup agreed. But suitcase didn't make it due to physics issue. I'm sure they'll have it for season 2. As well as the human shield. But we already have a silenced shotgun.
Oh really? Didn't know about the silenced shotgun, is it the same as in the video? But yes, I have high hopes for season two.

Immadummee
14th Jan 2017, 04:25
Oh really? Didn't know about the silenced shotgun, is it the same as in the video? But yes, I have high hopes for season two.

I've seen these videos a few times and I just skimmed through them real quick to find the silenced shotgun and I do not find it. I saw a loud shotgun in the second video but it wasn't shot and I saw a silenced sniper rifle in video 1.

Can you tell me which video and where exactly you see a silenced shotgun? But I doubt that it would be the same as the alpha as that was a very early build and a lot has changed from it even with mechanics that are also in the current game such as:

Alpha: triangles over heads
Final: circles

Alpha: how 47 looks and walks
Final: looks and walks different

Alpha: crowbar choke KO
Final: crowbar hit KO

Alpha: sound of silenced sniper rifle and silenced pistol
Final: sounds different.

So even if you find this silenced shotgun, I doubt it would be the same in the final game as I've said, so many things change from alpha to the final build plus all the patches that have come throughout the season.

47Chambers
14th Jan 2017, 05:00
This link will directly open the video at the right spot where he holds the shotgun.
https://youtu.be/VdI5beIwf9I?t=24

Its so weird that the aplha, as unfinished as it was, had so much good stuff in it, inlcuding (imo)better sounding weapons etc.
Well at least they have the option to go any direction with this hitman and make changes to the game fairly quickly thanks to the episodic format.

Edit: Dude even the backgroundmusic sounds better imo. The more I watch this video, the more details I notice.

Immadummee
14th Jan 2017, 07:48
Ya you're right. That's a silenced shotty. Thanks for the link. So as for your question, no, the silenced shotgun isn't like that currently. It looks like this (found pic on google):

http://www.hitmanforum.com/uploads/hitmanforum/original/3X/b/4/b4f0fb904070eac16d34e3527a7097d909dd26e7.jpg

And although it's not the best visual design, it does sound total baddass.
If you want to hear it, here is one of my videos where I use it. Scroll to 7:41, turn your volume up (earplugs suggested nice and loud) and listen to that deep thick thump. Love it!!

https://youtu.be/X7QPLFHYNbI

47Chambers
14th Jan 2017, 20:21
Yeah, I dont like the weapon design of all the "fake" weapons in the game at all. This weird blue-ish colour on them make them look uninteresting. Additionally all of those weapons look almost the same: sniper, shotgun, smg, rifle, all of them look almost identical, very boring. (all the weapons with the blue-ish colour)

Shadowarr
28th Jan 2017, 10:37
Good news guys!!!

IOI is adding difficulty levels into the game. We will finally have some chellange, just like in previous Hitman games.
I think that brings hope for other classic features to be brought back!

Shadowarr
28th Jan 2017, 10:40
This link will directly open the video at the right spot where he holds the shotgun.
https://youtu.be/VdI5beIwf9I?t=24

Its so weird that the aplha, as unfinished as it was, had so much good stuff in it, inlcuding (imo)better sounding weapons etc.
Well at least they have the option to go any direction with this hitman and make changes to the game fairly quickly thanks to the episodic format.

Edit: Dude even the backgroundmusic sounds better imo. The more I watch this video, the more details I notice.

The music is from 1st Hitman game "Hitman: Codename 47 - Hotel Theme".
I think that they used it instead of new one because they didn't want the game to be totally silent in Alpha state or it was added by the author of the video.

cancellingHITMAN
28th Jan 2017, 19:42
cancelling my preordered hitman the steel case, retail disc version.

waited out from buying this game, after seeing this alpha video you better believe im cancelling the preorder.

taking basic gameplay elements away from a game, that could have opened up new opportunities to play the game.

Shadowarr
2nd Feb 2017, 16:16
cancelling my preordered hitman the steel case, retail disc version.

waited out from buying this game, after seeing this alpha video you better believe im cancelling the preorder.

taking basic gameplay elements away from a game, that could have opened up new opportunities to play the game.

Trust me that lack of these features doesn't take that much of fun. The game is amazing by itself and I think you should totally buy it if you like Hitman series. These features would bring more taste to the game but surely they're not game changing.

Shadowarr
4th Feb 2017, 10:06
Another amazing news!
At this moment in interview with IOI Lead Online Designer for Hitman we get confirmation that suitcase rifle will make a return someday.(Probably in season 2) Though we don;t know if suitcase for concealing other items will make a return with it still lets us know that IOI is listening to the community very well and that they care. Also I don;t see a reason why both kinds of cases wouldn't make a return at same time so that brings a lot of hope. (And hype for already confirmed classic suitcase rifle.)

Immadummee
4th Feb 2017, 10:15
Another amazing news!

I honestly think a briefcase is just so OP'd. I like the fact that we have to smuggle it and then find a way to get it out suit only. Having a briefcase would mean making things way too easy. I just hope there's an option to not use. I rather have fun finding my way out with it than be carrying it with me at all times.

Shadowarr
4th Feb 2017, 10:46
I honestly think a briefcase is just so OP'd. I like the fact that we have to smuggle it and then find a way to get it out suit only. Having a briefcase would mean making things way too easy. I just hope there's an option to not use. I rather have fun finding my way out with it than be carrying it with me at all times.

Yeah. That's why it takes so much time to balance it I think. I bet they will make it hardly available and make guards search trough it as well. IOI are very creative people so I bet it will be good.