PDA

View Full Version : Pixstr is out!!!!!!!!!!!!

cornchild
17th Nov 2002, 20:25
I just found the pixstr program on laras-levelbase http://www.laras-levelbase.org/stuff/

TheMask
17th Nov 2002, 20:35
and alternate location:
http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/lcr_tools/

cornchild
17th Nov 2002, 20:40
I cant figure out how to make animated textures on an object.

daniel
17th Nov 2002, 20:46
Hi cornchild,
me too. And in the readme there´s nothign mentioned about this feature. Seems that it was either a wrong information/rumour on TPs page or the feature has not been added yet :(.

MountainDewNut
17th Nov 2002, 21:20
Thanx for the info! I love the new program.
@cornchild and Daniel: This is only version 1.00, so the animated texures might not be included with this version. I have a theory though, but I'm gonna test it first.

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 21:57
eek !?

well.......

uh .....I look forward to future versions

Turbo Pascal
17th Nov 2002, 23:05
Originally posted by Daniel
Hi cornchild,
me too. And in the readme there´s nothign mentioned about this feature. Seems that it was either a wrong information/rumour on TPs page or the feature has not been added yet :(.

Hello,

Hope you enjoy Pixstr, it have severals improvements over Strpix3 (but few disventages i have to admit), you can now edit the static objects lights intensity, gone are the problem about ornaments too dark if your ambient room is darker, mesh for movables use external lighting method and mesh for ornaments use internal light method. I hope the readme file is good enoug to teach you how to use the tool.

About Animated textures in objects:
---------------------------------------------
Yes, there is not any info in the readme file about animated textures but i can asure that IT WORKS.

This feature was really a "side effect" feature, mean that we did not planed anything about this, it just work for his self, we did not added any controls TO ALLOW TO DEFINE ANIMATED TEXTURES GIVING TEXTURES RANGES, that was not the goal, but pixstr works WITH COMPILED LEVELS mean that you can use in Objects the animated textures defined when you built your tr4 level.

Just open the TR4 with pixstr. look for any texture THAT YOU KNOW IS PART IN A ANIMATED SET, and apply the texture to any ornament or movable, save and play the level, you will see the animated texture is working in the ornament or movable.

The bad news (for you WAD users) is that when the tr4 level is converted to WAD file format the animated texture feature is lost, becouse WAD files lack of animated texture table.

good luck.

Turbo Pascal.

MountainDewNut
17th Nov 2002, 23:14
Originally posted by Turbo Pascal
Just open the TR4 with pixstr. look for any texture THAT YOU KNOW IS PART IN A ANIMATED SET, and apply the texture to any ornament or movable, save and play the level, you will see the animated texture is working in the ornament or movable.

:D that was my theory :D

Treeble
18th Nov 2002, 01:01
And what about the waterfalls?
Aren't they possible in wad format AND animated? :confused:

prjsaves
18th Nov 2002, 13:03
Hi

ummm :)

Well strpix did animated textures that way. I textured a demigod with the waterfall trexture and it animated in game. (Though not all the textures animated on the demigod)
I wonder if Pixstr does the effect any better. I use WAD lots so maybe not!

Let hope to "TO ALLOW TO DEFINE ANIMATED TEXTURES GIVING TEXTURES RANGES" feature can be added.

Mushroom
18th Nov 2002, 21:50
Originally posted by TheMask
and alternate location:
http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/lcr_tools/

Errm I downloaded from this location Mask, and when I tried to open it it said "Not a valid Zip File" :(

Did this just happen to me? or is somthing wrong with the archive?

Cheers
Shroom

DKSM
18th Nov 2002, 22:05
Hmm, I'm not sure. I downloaded from the first link.

I think this is the thing that well get me back to outfit making. Something new. Now for ideas.....

TheMask
19th Nov 2002, 00:50
Originally posted by Mushroom
Errm I downloaded from this location Mask, and when I tried to open it it said "Not a valid Zip File" :(

Did this just happen to me? or is somthing wrong with the archive?

Cheers
Shroom

The archive is good, I downloaded it and opened without any problems, try either downloading again or use the other link. Most likely you have a corrupted archive - this happens sometimes when a "bit" of data is lost while downloading the file.

Mushroom
19th Nov 2002, 09:48
Cheers Mask, Got it now ;)

Shroom