PDA

View Full Version : So you want to have animations in your Level........

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 16:37
Download Version 1 of Lara Wake up Animation
http://driber.net/extras/os/Wake.jpg
Extract the tut1.wad
Load the Wakeup Prj And Convert to Tut1.Tom

Play Tutorial Level

It shows an animating object of lara waking up it then flashes back to lara as if she was that object

How it was done
---------------
I copyed The TR2 Rig Intro Anim Object Into an Animating object slot with Wadmerger, I replaced the Gun & Hip meshes with the correct TR3 bodypart meshes in Strpix.

Setup Working Wake up Animation flyby version
---------------------------------------------

Place 1st Camera 2 spaces behind Animating object

Flyby Camera 1 setup
--------------------
0 to Snap automatically to the camera
6 snap back to lara at the end of sequence
9 disable look break out
10 disable lara control
Set Camera Number to 0

Place Trigger (one shot) under Lara for 1st Flyby Camera
Place Trigger for Animating Object

Place 2nd Flyby Camera 1 space behind Animating object

Flyby Camera 2 setup
--------------------
6 snap back to lara at the end of sequence
9 disable look break out
10 disable lara control
Set Camera Number to 1
Timer = 4050

Ingame watch Lara wake up :)

Download Prj & Wads and try it yourself
---------------------------------------
http://driber.net/extras/os/Wake.zip 1.68 Meg

This is the Flyby version of lara waking up, however I will work on the actual Lara moving and waking up, the downside with this is its an animating object and can not use laras strech Joints

VERSION 2
Using StrPix3.9 & Wadmerger, I will add Laras Hair to this Object and Manually Animate it moving as she gets up

I still need to Remap the "Scream" Hair to The actual Lara

I will add more animation at the end of the wake up animation to copy laras "standing breathing" animation

VERSION 3
I will probablly just get the actual Lara to move
========================================

Ive Tryed using TRViewer but every modifyed file I open crashes TrViewer or says out of memory (I cant express how much this annoys me on the forum)

TRWAD Please Create a Copy and Paste Animation for Anim Edit

So Animations can be copyed from TR4 and 5 Laras and be able to add them onto existing animations or completely replace animations This would save me so much time

Right now I can only select TR5 animations by bodypart and position and copy all the numbers onto paper (for each frame) and retype them into the TR4 Lara, This is becoming very tedious :(

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 16:43
The wad aslo contains TR3 Lara (animating1_mip) that just walks in a straight line you will also find the 2 walkers from TR5 Title in the graveyard You can place them all together and they walk side by side

I have found that when an Animating object moves out of a room the animation becomes jittery as if the camera cannot lock on to the object

I am working on Placing 2 Dummy meshes in 1 wad this way Lara can be animated to interact with another person for cutscene purposes

Everything I create will be up for download as soon as its done

Level Planet
17th Nov 2002, 16:54
Tnx, Tenchen, all ya work is great, it is realy helpfull with my work im doing. I wish I could copy lara_skin into an Animating slot and then add all the meshes from Lara_skin_joint so it would look like it is an cutseq for the real TR4 & TR5, I think of creating a new animation and put a switch in the map and if you push the switch the animation play, but ya will need the obc. will this be posible?

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 17:02
Originally posted by Level Planet
Tnx, Tenchen, all ya work is great, it is realy helpfull with my work im doing. I wish I could copy lara_skin into an Animating slot and then add all the meshes from Lara_skin_joint so it would look like it is an cutseq for the real TR4 & TR5, I think of creating a new animation and put a switch in the map and if you push the switch the animation play, but ya will need the obc. will this be posible?

You cant copy Laras Skin Joints as well as a Lara Skin Into an animating object
(they could be connected in a Cad but the joints woundnt strech)
But you can copy A TR3 skin and reanimate as I have done

It would be far more effective thou To Just Change a push button switch (TR4) into a cutscene animation , this way the player would have to press Action and it would play the whole animation no matter how long it is (plus the joints and hair would move too)

Level Planet
17th Nov 2002, 17:16
if ya copy lara_skin into animation slot, and use animation editor to add the other meshes from skin_joints(ya first need to extract them with strpix) will it be posible for it to work then, the same with the hair. By the way how do you add a mesh with Wadmerger?

cornchild
17th Nov 2002, 17:18
Ive been working wiht the animation editor lately and I am thinking of making an elevator by placing a set position on a custom animation for lara. so say the anim has 5 frames then on the fifth frame lara will be warped to the coordinates that I put in the box this is how im going to make an elevator it will probably be one time use only, but it will save on room usage. also I thought of retextureing some of the little animating people from tr5 maybe one to resemble lara and then that would make a great flyby to see her running across the desert or something.

great work it was so cool to see lara wake up and then you start playing as if you were her.

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 18:09
Originally posted by Level Planet
if ya copy lara_skin into animation slot, and use animation editor to add the other meshes from skin_joints(ya first need to extract them with strpix) will it be posible for it to work then, the same with the hair.

I dont think this will make the joints strech, i know it wont work with the hair, The only way the hair would work is if you could program the hair to work on other objects

By the way how do you add a mesh with Wadmerger?

Using Strpix3.9
Go to Edit and add new empty mesh Then Import any object or mesh you want

In Anim Edit (Wadmerger 1.9rev3) Select the animation object you want to add meshes to and on the "No Animation" slot Click Mesh Editor , there is a drop down and it will recognise (ONLY) the empty meshes you created with Strpix and tick the dummy mesh box and ADD

You can now reposition the mesh and add it onto the desired animating object
---------------------
This is what i will do to add hair onto the wake up lara