PDA

View Full Version : txt

ziili
17th Nov 2002, 15:41
offtopic discussion..
What EXACTLY is the text in the intro movie?
what I got is (the sentences doesn't have to make sense):

Summer, 1940. Incapable of resisting the overwhelming advance of the German Discipline, Poland
Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland and France are crushed to sign within the matter of months,
forcing the rest of the defeated Allied Army, to make a rapid, humiliateing and shameful retreat
towards the beaches of Dunkerque.Britain has become the only refuge in the face of the unstoppable
advance of the Third Reich. The German Army is getting ready to invade the island, Allied Command
is desperately trying to come to terms of this situation. It's tactics, armament to commanders,
have proved antiquated in face of the fastest superior German Army. An urgent re-thinking of the army
is essential in order to turn the tide of the war. An audacious plan is approved for the creation of
a special unit of elite men, experts in hand-to-hand combat, in handling all types of weapons and
explosives. Men of great initiative, able to cope with and adapt to the most demanding conditions.
Only the best, the most highly trained, only men of courage. Their mission: come to vanguard of the
allied troops, the spearhead of the counter offensive that must lead to the defeat of the Third Reich.
The Commandos are born...

I was just curious..maybe you have some corrections to make..

Thorup
17th Nov 2002, 15:51
sounds correct to me

4Eyes
18th Nov 2002, 07:46
I'll listen to it tonight and let you know if there's any corrections.

One I can think of right now is in the first line. You say 'the overwhelming advance of the German Discipline' I don't think Discipline is right. I don't know what it should be, though.

Also, It's Dunkirk (see Commandos: BEL - the third 'chapter' movie).

1shot1kill
18th Nov 2002, 21:25
I haven't seen the video in months but i think it's blitzkrieg yes.

4Eyes
19th Nov 2002, 07:32
After watching the intro closely yesterday, I came up with the following:

Summer, 1940. Incapable of resisting the overwhelming advance of the German Blitzkrieg, Poland
Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland and France are brushed aside within a matter of months,
forcing the rest of the defeated Allied Army to make a rapid, humiliating and shameful retreat
towards the beaches of Dunkirk. Britain has become the only refuge in the face of the unstoppable
advance of the Third Reich. While the German Army is getting ready to invade the island, Allied Command is desperately trying to come to terms with this situation. Its tactics, armament and commanders, have proved antiquated in face of the vastly superior German Army. An urgent re-thinking of the army is essential in order to turn the tide of the war. An audacious plan is approved for the creation of a special unit of elite men, experts in hand-to-hand combat, in handling all types of weapons and
explosives. Men of great initiative, able to cope with and adapt to the most demanding conditions.

Only the best, the most highly trained, only men of courage. Their mission: to become to vanguard of the
allied troops, the spearhead of the counteroffensive that must lead to the defeat of the Third Reich.

The Commandos were born...

Yakkalot
19th Nov 2002, 09:46
Isn't "the creation of a special unit of elite men" a fistful of elite men, or special men, I'm pretty sure fistful is in it somewhere...

Thorup
19th Nov 2002, 11:14
yes I also remember that it is fistful somewhere, why not watch the movie once more and then you'll find out.

ziili
19th Nov 2002, 14:45
heheh..:)
my friend and I argued for several months over the "blietzkrieg" thing, we thought it was some "windscreen" :D and finally we found no relevant word except Discipline, but I am not that good with English, so..

4Eyes
19th Nov 2002, 15:09
Sure. I'm probably going to play it tonight anyway. I still have two more levels to go (well, one and a half, actually, as I have already cleared out the area outside of Castle Colditz.

1shot1kill
20th Nov 2002, 10:33
lol, 1¾ levels then, you will spent alot of time inside.

Thorup
20th Nov 2002, 15:02
not necessarily. if you don't want to get all bonus pieces it should go fast. what difficulty are you on?

David
21st Nov 2002, 04:05
wow guys.impressive.havent listened for intro for ages.but it seems interesting

4Eyes
21st Nov 2002, 07:31
I'm only playing normal difficulty (hey, it's my first real run through the game, ok?)

But I do want to search for every piece of the bonus mission. I've found every piece in every level so far, and I want to play EVERY level the game has.

silverhawk_flash
26th Nov 2002, 01:08
This would make sense if Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland and France happen to be bugs and the German Windscreen (windshield) was on a BMW Z-8.

BTW, I love silly typos (not that I have seen any on this post). I once saw "Red Faction" misspelledn as "Fred Raction" on a SWAT: Urban Justice Forum Post.

silverhawk_flash
29th Nov 2002, 06:46
Originally posted by Yakkalot
Isn't "the creation of a special unit of elite men" a fistful of elite men, or special men, I'm pretty sure fistful is in it somewhere...

I think that quote may have been in Commandos: BEL.

ziili
19th Dec 2002, 22:03
Originally posted by silverhawk_flash
This would make sense if Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland and France happen to be bugs and the German Windscreen (windshield) was on a BMW Z-8.
BTW, I love silly typos (not that I have seen any on this post). I once saw "Red Faction" misspelledn as "Fred Raction" on a SWAT: Urban Justice Forum Post.

we KNEW that it wasn't the right word, we just made it up so it would be more funny..:):p