PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2 intro

Shadow Man
16th Nov 2002, 17:10
In the intro to Blood Omen 2, it shows the Pillars collapsing. But the way they are collapsing is very strange. They seem to be knocked up and down, as if they were just placed there(there isn't anything holding them down/going into the ground). This couldn't happen as they go very far underground. I know that this is probably a glitch or design flaw but is there be a reason for this and could anyone tell me. It's really getting annoying every time I see it:mad:

Anubis_Orr
16th Nov 2002, 18:14
It could be that the Elder God reached up (as seen in SR2, future time period) and had his tentacles curled around the Pillars, and broken them just below where they meet the ground and then cast them out, thus why they go up and down.

Shadow Man
17th Nov 2002, 15:58
But they're not broken at all. It's like putting a stone with a flat end on the ground.

Darakari
18th Nov 2002, 02:36
The pillars falling in BO2 does not make any sense at all!

They are still standing in the time of SR1. Thousands of years after BO2, they are still standing. They are corrupted and "dead", but they are still standing behind Kain's throne both in the SR1 intro FMV, and they are also still standing behind Kain's throne hundreds of years later within the time of the SR1 game.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Nov 2002, 04:43
Kain stood them back up and set his throne at the base of the Balance Pillar for SR.

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 05:08
Originally posted by Darakari
The pillars falling in BO2 does not make any sense at all!

Kain was dreaming. Don't things look just a liiiittle bit awkward when you view them in the context of a dream?

Ranmyaku
27th Nov 2002, 01:48
And actually in SR2 during the time period with all the Demons (100 years after BO1) the Pillars are in disary anyway. A couple are still standing and a few are lieing on the ground.

Shadow Man
28th Nov 2002, 20:47
But in Soul Reaver 2 the Pillars were broken off. This isn't the same as in the Blood Omen 2 intro.

Rook
28th Nov 2002, 21:04
I think I'm gonna stick with the "events look different (or exaggerated, or whatever) when they're presented in a dream sequence" theory. :p

:D

Dark Dragon
1st Dec 2002, 17:45
kain well hmmmmmmmm