PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

Rengar
16th Nov 2002, 03:55
Just read that on...Tuesday, Earth is going to travel in a tail of a comet. One that left a trail about 300 years ago. European side will see a tail from 1767 and USA's side will see a tail from 1866. The trail from 1767 is predicted to be a better show.

I forgot the news site that I read it on....but this site basicly says the same thing.

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/leonids_begin_021115.html

November 19th, at about 4:00am. for USA.

Dell
16th Nov 2002, 23:05
I would really like to see this...but all we have here in Virginia is cloudy, rainy, nasty weather. Been this way mostly ever since I got home from England. Wonder if I brought it with me?

Chilled Unit
17th Nov 2002, 00:11
Unfortunately I haven't seen clear sky in ages either, it's either solid cloud, or solid cloud with freezing driving rain here :(

3car
19th Nov 2002, 16:37
Hi-

Anyone get up early this morning and take in the Leonid meteor shower? Quite and impressive show! I tried to take some pics with the digital camera but the pics didn't turn out. Shutter wouldn't close fast enough or the camera wasn't good enough. Should have used regular film. ;)

Arkron
19th Nov 2002, 21:39
Heh.. I woke up this morning and I could almost walk on the mist. Made a wise decision not to stay last night ;)

Amazeroth
19th Nov 2002, 21:43
Well, I guess I should've gotten up earlier... but I'd have been too ****ed up to write a decent physics exam, then. Call me trivial... now I can regret it too, the exam being written...

vakusuma
20th Nov 2002, 08:44
Couldn't wake up :(

The shower is based observed by putting your camera on the tripod, and set it such that it will do a multi-second exposure. Some of the best photos of the shower have exposure time around 1-30 minutes.