PDA

View Full Version : In recognition of Piega

Data
15th Nov 2002, 22:47
Piega, one of the best custom level designers ever to grace our lives, and perhaps the best, numero uno, mr no.1. :)

Although Piega (René) says 'Sanctuary' is his last custom level, I will remember him also for all the levels he has produced, my personal favourite being 'Catacomb Towers'. :) http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thank you René, we will miss your magic. ;)

MountainDewNut
15th Nov 2002, 22:51
Yes, you've accomplished incredable tasks with the LE!
Great job!

cornchild
15th Nov 2002, 23:20
Great work Piega, I was so amazed by the level the detail and the puzzles, I mean no roof on the exterior or interior went untouched. Each one had depth character the whole set of levels were amazing. I was so determined to download it I did on a dial-up and even burned it to a backup cd just in case I want to play it again someday. You are an amazing level builder and I will always remeber you and the santuarys they are so amazing the gost skeletons and all. I loved the sanctuarys I cannot think of just one part of the level I loved more the whole set was amazing and the title I loved the title. great work you will always be remebered. :)

bERT
16th Nov 2002, 09:57
I want to second all the remarks made above.

piega's Catacomb Towers and Mirai's Tokyo made me return to playing TR now some two years ago.

Unbelievable the work and foremost the time this Dutchman spent in giving us lazy bu**ers pure pleasure time.

Thanks once again!

I bet he can't leave the editor alone so maybe...

bERT

Litepulsar
16th Nov 2002, 17:08
I totally agree...... his talent and skill at level designing is truly a gift, his work will be sorely missed, as his company, hope he decides to stick around for awhile! And if he ever gets the urge to create again, we'll be quivering with anticipation :D

Staticon
17th Nov 2002, 20:38
A fitting tribute to a great level designer. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Have a rest for a while but please, don't give up completely.
Wait a minute - his levels are infinitely better than mine - what am I saying? :D

Seriously - well done. :)

Piega
17th Nov 2002, 20:50
Thank you :) :) :)

I will hang around here once in a while. But just no more levels. In the mean time I am perfecting the skills on my earlier work to make them bugfree and make a nice copy for my own archive :D

Ofcourse they will also be on my page. After that AOD will slide into my cd-rom player :p

Greetings René (Piega)

GeckoKid
8th Dec 2002, 22:10
plan to release the PRJ's piega? I was really in awe of your levels, tho i couldn't finish Last Crusade (even with the walkthrough) but sometime I will. As I know you once released Last Crusade's PRJs but not the others, interested in sharing your magic? :D

wish there is a :worship: sign....

Piega
9th Dec 2002, 18:49
I'm adjusting some graphic changes for Catacomb Towers to lower texture info and alloc file buffer now that I know all these little tricks :D It will work better on many older PC's (sometimes it crashed or did not work properly). I will do this on all my previous works. I'll release it and all projects in some time...:)

Alias
9th Dec 2002, 19:04
Absolutely! most if not all the coments above is surtenly how I feel. I love all of Piega's work, espeshly 'Sanctuary' and it's said to hear that he will stop makeing custom levels, he was sertinly one of the best custom level makers in TRLE history :D I even mad a back up copy on disk so it will never leave my side :P

________
Alias 56