PDA

View Full Version : My new robot skeleton

cornchild
14th Nov 2002, 23:54
I got tired of the old one so I made a new one there will be two versions one with a sword and one with a light saber here are two screens of the one with the sword it will be released this saturday along wiht the robot lara in the coffin.
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/cornchild/robot2.txt
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/cornchild/robot3.txt

TenChen
15th Nov 2002, 00:14
Why not using Anim Edit so they walk a little different and not like 300 year old men

Although thinking of it You could make them fall apart and magnetize back together and get up , when they get shot and the Sheilds would look ace with a Red(or neon) Transparent texture so It was like an energy sheild , Suppose the sword could be a light saber (like) too

I guess I think they just need revamping a bit, However the Shine effect looks pretty kewl :)

cornchild
15th Nov 2002, 00:18
Thanks for the ideas I have thought ove having instead of him lay on the ground have him be in pieces all over the ground and then build from the floor up into the robot or have him standing up wiht his head down turned off or have him floating in a tank of water or something.

GeckoKid
15th Nov 2002, 00:23
make his eyes to red laser beams?

MountainDewNut
15th Nov 2002, 01:26
Looks great!

ObsessiveAttitude
15th Nov 2002, 03:01
Just for fun you could make his sword into a fork to poke lara with. hehehe that would be funny. great work

cornchild
15th Nov 2002, 03:46
Thanks,

I tried to create a new animation for him instead of him playing dead he was standing with his head down like he was turned off the only prob with this was everytime he got shot he would fall over play that animation and glitch back up I even added a new anim and told the fall ovr state to point to that anim but it did nto work so I scratched the idea the light saber looks ok but it needs some work maybe I should make a gold robot too. I will if it is requested even a camo one might look cool.

MountainDewNut
15th Nov 2002, 03:50
Please use punctuation in your posts. It makes it much easier for the person to read it that way. ;)

GeckoKid
15th Nov 2002, 04:06
lol

TenChen
15th Nov 2002, 19:39
Originally posted by cornchild
the only prob with this was everytime he got shot he would fall over play that animation and glitch back up

You need to change the "Next Anim" number so when he falls over the next animation would be a (new one) "get up" rather than just repeating the "play dead" animation , also for standard animating objects you can change weather the animation repeats over and over or just once by changing the "Next Frame" slot

Another helpful Animation Tip from the Guy who brought a few working TR5 objects into the world of trle :)

cornchild
15th Nov 2002, 22:25
I tried that I made a new animation and re routed thenim for when he gets knocked over to it but it still did not work. maybe I should try it again.