PDA

View Full Version : How to make it snow?

Billy
14th Nov 2002, 11:09
Does anyone know how to make it snow in the outside world??
Thanks in advance! =)

TenChen
14th Nov 2002, 13:45
There are 2 ways of making snow but both are a bit choppy

1) overlap a waterroom(with no doors) with a room you want snow in, this puts the water bubble sprites in mid air

BUT: Its now possible in Wadmerger to Edit these sprites so maybe they could be made to look like snowflakes

2) Retexture the waterfall object with falling snow/rain and place them all over your level (the only downside is that it uses up a lot of object spaces

ALSO: Rather than placing 1 waterfall object per square, it would be better to Re-Mesh them to cover more than one square

This has been a common question for a while now its worth using the search engine to find topics with any basic questions first

:D

Data
14th Nov 2002, 17:41
I agree with TenChen, however there is another way of making psuedo rain; Whilst ingame, get someone else to use a 5,700 RPM power drill nearby. :D

Chronicles5
14th Nov 2002, 20:27
Originally posted by Data
I agree with TenChen, however there is another way of making psuedo rain; Whilst ingame, get someone else to use a 5,700 RPM power drill nearby. :D

Yup, that always works for me :D

But could you also not pay someone to sprinkle salt above your monitor at the time...? :p

I'd suggest having most of your level inside, then having brief areas with retextured waterfall objects...then you could cut down on objects and still have the effect...;):)