PDA

View Full Version : To those who have TimeSplitters 1, or have at least played it

MattMcCarthy
13th Nov 2002, 00:43
what gun in time splitters 1 should have returned that didnt make it in TS2

i would have liked to see the UZI's back and the M16
i also like the asault rifle in TS1, the one that looks like the FAMAS assault rifle.

i also would have loved to see blunderbus too, that gun kicked ASS

i still love playing TimeSplitters One, i play it just as much as i do with TS2

Serpentine23
13th Nov 2002, 00:44
yeah, I like the blunderbus, that was cool....

Jagrisbest
13th Nov 2002, 01:53
I think that the double miniguns, and the uzis should have returned.

On another note, did you ever pass Mansion on Hard or Challenge 9C (the last challenge on Planet X).

They are both really tough, I barely passed Mansion on Normal and 9A/9B.

harry_tippers_love_child
13th Nov 2002, 10:04
I totally finished TS1. I think. I posted my times on the TS1 forum. But there is no message or cutscene or anything. 9-C was nails. I never want to see that challenge again! I want to see the assault shotgun back to its best. Although it was probably a little TOO good in TS1...

Rare
14th Nov 2002, 05:58
I own TS1 and 2. I have beaten TS1 all but the mansion on hard. That level is harder than it should be, ( I also had to beat it all over again because I beat it on my friends memory card and I have my own now). TS2 I have 95.3% done. I still have some characters to get on TS1 and don't know how to get them.:(

Ilsa Nadir
14th Nov 2002, 20:13
The Blunderbus should return. The M16 was exactly the same as the Assault Rifle, but looked worse. Dual Miniguns is physically impossible and the minigun is amazin in this game. Why does everyone disrespect the Assault Shotgun in this game????!! It's great, one-shot kill most of the time (Secondary Fire). Just reload after every shot and interupt if you have to!

ragged_brute
14th Nov 2002, 20:42
Twin usiz, ten fishwifes one pile of dead mutant bodies!!!! :D

ragged_brute
14th Nov 2002, 20:55
I miss bien fingers mckenzie!!! Hes so kool. "I hear ya...Let's roll"

Y2Chris99
14th Nov 2002, 21:49
Me and my m8 kicked ass at ts1. My mansion time on hard was so quick. We ran through every level on hard even mansion. Shoot ppl in front of u of course but dont let go of forward just keep runin and dont look back, strafe alot too. First time on mansion hard take it slow it aint that hard.

ragged_brute
14th Nov 2002, 22:11
Originally posted by Y2Chris99
Me and my m8 kicked ass at ts1. My mansion time on hard was so quick. We ran through every level on hard even mansion. Shoot ppl in front of u of course but dont let go of forward just keep runin and dont look back, strafe alot too. First time on mansion hard take it slow it aint that hard.

Whod da man.

ShockShifter
15th Nov 2002, 05:52
9-C, I remember those days... yeah, that one was pretty dang hard there, the time I finally beat it though on my cousin's game was when for some reason the bots like simultaneously stopped... like dead... it was weird but hey it helped. The one weapon I miss is the 2x minigun... but those new speed demons kick some serious! They're not as flashy though... so much was lost from 1, yet so much we have gained in 2.

DrkSnpr14
25th Feb 2003, 19:04
I loved the assault shotgun. Its powerful, and surprisingly acurrate. Most fools go down in one shot.:cool:

Hank Nova
25th Feb 2003, 19:51
I miss my double uzi's not only were they powerful but also anyone holding them looked really cool. They're perfect for cooking crispy duck:D

Riku
25th Feb 2003, 20:23
Being a while since I played TS1, but probably the Twin Uzis. Oh and the games own test team couldn't even complete it on Hard :eek:. I got up to the mansion...Just couldn't do it!

harry_tippers_love_child
26th Feb 2003, 09:50
Originally posted by Riku
Being a while since I played TS1, but probably the Twin Uzis. Oh and the games own test team couldn't even complete it on Hard :eek:. I got up to the mansion...Just couldn't do it!

Really? The mansion is the hardest level (or maybe the tomb), but it's possible... I think you should have another go, it's nowhere near as hard as the robot factory on hard, I mean in TS1 you get plenty of health packs. You just have to not get too close and remember that a single blast will knock the shotguns out of the zombies' hands, giving you more time to cap 'em in the head later.

Hank Nova
26th Feb 2003, 13:27
I've managed to get to the third floor (the one with the bones on) but i had nearly full health but they killed me with all they're shotguns and now i just can't be bothered to try it again. Also how on earth are we supposed to get past it in under 2 mins thats just impossible.

harry_tippers_love_child
26th Feb 2003, 13:33
It's not so hard on normal to do it quickly, possible maybe even to do it in under a minute, but you don't need to do it quickly on hard to get the reward. I got it down to 5 minutes odd, but that was bloody difficult. After a few tries you'll remember where the bad guys appear, and then it's just a question of shooting before they shoot you. A good tactic is to make sure you leave some health before you get up to the bones. Then make sure you've killed everyone, go back & grab the health, go back up, grab the bones and then run like hell, don't bother killing them unless they're in your way. Remember that one hit anywhere will knock the guns out of their hands, and that's what's important. It's annoying, but possible.

Duckman Drake
28th Feb 2003, 14:17
LOL... on my statistics page for TS1, it says my favorite level is the Mansion. That's because I must have played it about fifty times on hard before I finally beat it!

harry_tippers_love_child
28th Feb 2003, 14:52
Mine too, though Peekaboo Jones is not down as my favourite character... that's Harry T.

Guess it's a combination of the mansion and the last stand level with all the zombies... what's it called? Dawn of the Damned?