PDA

View Full Version : Download House Beta1 Here

TenChen
12th Nov 2002, 23:38
K, Extract to Wads folder and convert Tut1 & Play Tutorial Level

Get a Pen and Paper
Use the Dozy Cheat Ingame fly around check every inch of the Building Layout (forget the textures and wads)

I've used as much free space inside the house as possible But there is Loads of Room in the Roof Area, I haven't designated what room is exactly what yet (you decide)

I want your honest Opinion of everything Inside the House
You'll notice 3 new windows that I have connected on the 1st floor This whole area(includes main attic and secret area) isn't finished yet, Im waiting for Comments

http://driber.net/extras/os/Beta1.zip

Post Comments Here !

lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
12th Nov 2002, 23:42
the link is not working

TenChen
13th Nov 2002, 00:13
It seems that the server is acting up a bit It will work at times but not all the time I will try and get it uploaded to another site

Blind Intentions
13th Nov 2002, 19:55
I really liked the layout of the house. The stairs in the various bedrooms were nice because you dont have to do so much backtracking to get from one part of the house to another. Good Job :)

TenChen
13th Nov 2002, 21:25
Download Beta 1 Update

http://driber.net/extras/os/upBeta1.zip 233kb

It only Includes the Tom file, you need the First download for the objects to appear in this update

Ive used every single patch of space in the Attic Area, I think its all looking quite good, However I havent decided what the new rooms will be for Check it out

Chris-Craig Michaels
14th Nov 2002, 00:21
Great Job!
Although the windows, in some places, seemed a bit large or abit squished, it looked really nice! I do think that the multiple staircases and windows in the attics seem a little large and un-useful. There has to be some point of those staircases, just make sure there is in the final version...
The layout and re-design of the ballroom look wonderful!
If the assault course is gone, make sure there is something cool in there in its place!
Again, great job!

TenChen
14th Nov 2002, 16:04
Ive uploaded the prj file and texture 406kb

http://driber.net/extras/os/NewHouse.zip

Im interested to see what other people would like to change about the inside of the house, all that is needed now is the new rooms to have a purpose (and shape) for example if the Butler Has a bedroom he would need a bathroom too

If anyone is interested in modifying what I have allready done please do so and email the Tom file (zipped) to TenChen@AOL.Com

I think that this will help to create a better Ultimate Lara's Home :D

TenChen
14th Nov 2002, 19:55
Well Ive just downloaded every "House" level from Mpragers and Sheeeeesh There are some BAD levels out there! I mean whew! Real stinkers

However I would like to recognise the people who created Lara's Home before the days of TRPRJ (ripper) as this was my first project but It became so corrupt plus lack of TRLE knowlege at the time I abandonded it. 1 and a half years later its on the way lol
:p

Chronicles5
14th Nov 2002, 21:01
Wow!!! Just played and I must say, Nice work!!

You've put alot of effort into this, and I like alot of your new ideas, such as adding the balcony to the area near where the assault course ended, making roof access, some of the staircases were very nice touches too :D

Do you need some nice background audio to go with this level, or some ambient sounds? I'd be glad to help, just tell me what kind of music you'd like, what sounds, wind or no wind, birds, water, etc. I also can add in real TR sounds to keep it interesting if you want.

There is one thing I don't like about the level...in Lara's room there's those windows, that one that is stretched just gives me the chills, that some construction worker who made laras house actually made a window like that :-D

I suggest splitting it up like you did the big window in the front, it's no big deal, but it bugs me :D

cornchild
14th Nov 2002, 22:21
I downloaded a house level from mpragers website a while back it contained the wad and the project file I forgot who made it but it said you could modify it just so they got credit for the origional. even burnt it to cd it was an almost perfect match to the tr3 house it had some enemys and the jeep track was not all the same and there was a tunnel added to the aquarium in the basement that led to nothing and a gate with nothing behind it in the jeep track besides that it was cool I removed these things and added stuff to my likeing and now my tut1 level is lara's home. I added a cave in the jeep course hidden in a water fountain which leads to a waterfall and lands you right on evil lara's underground home. maybe you could add a small store outside the home past the gates were lara can drive to pick up food or a key she had made.

TenChen
15th Nov 2002, 00:00
Originally posted by Chronicles5
Do you need some nice background audio to go with this level, or some ambient sounds? I'd be glad to help, just tell me what kind of music you'd like, what sounds, wind or no wind, birds, water, etc. I also can add in real TR sounds to keep it interesting if you want.

I will let you know when the time comes nice peaceful outdoor Bird and running water sounds would be Good :D

There is one thing I don't like about the level...in Lara's room there's those windows, that one that is stretched just gives me the chills, that some construction worker who made laras house actually made a window like that :-D

Yeah I thought that was a tad dodgy myself i will fix it right now

I suggest splitting it up like you did the big window in the front, it's no big deal, but it bugs me :D

Not sure what you mean here The Main window is split but how in her bedroom ?

Originally posted by cornchild
........maybe you could add a small store outside the home past the gates were lara can drive to pick up food or a key she had made.

Not a bad Idea but for now im just focusing on the inside of the house but see how many rooms I have left when I get that far

cornchild
15th Nov 2002, 00:09
good idea if you have rooms left adding some little extra's would be cool.

Number6
16th Nov 2002, 15:11
Most chimneys do not have an opening at the top...

Also, what is the significance of those long corridors that end in a windows...unless the windows opens outside?

There is a place where if Lara falls, she stays trapped: that sunk window pit with a bannister around the pit, it is too deep for lara to get out of.

Have you thought about a garage outside the wall, stored witht e jeep, the bike and all others?

TenChen
16th Nov 2002, 20:20
Most chimneys do not have an opening at the top...
I will connect all chimneys to the roof

Also, what is the significance of those long corridors that end in a windows...unless the windows opens outside?
I havent decided yet I was just using up all House space and connecting all of the windows that appeared on the outside of the house in TR3

There is a place where if Lara falls, she stays trapped: that sunk window pit with a bannister around the pit, it is too deep for lara to get out of.
Im really not sure where you mean , is it near the old music room or near the new stairs going to the roof?

Have you thought about a garage outside the wall, stored witht e jeep, the bike and all others?
Yes but Im not working on the outside of the house yet

GeckoKid
17th Nov 2002, 00:55
make a tube station below it! lol and some photographers and press outside the main gate etc...

Number6
17th Nov 2002, 17:15
Originally posted by TenChen

Im really not sure where you mean , is it near the old music room or near the new stairs going to the roof?

It's the last door on the left when you take the gallery on the left when looking at the front door from the grand stairs. The room where the trap is has a funny, long one one block wide open staircase.

Yes but Im not working on the outside of the house yet [/B]

Will you have another "level" with the church in it...that would be neat.

prjsaves
17th Nov 2002, 17:42
Hi

My Church level has a TR4 house.

At the moment I have the TR House, one Church, Shooting range, graveyard & tomb, tunnel maze.

I have stayed clear of this topic so I did not start copying the ulimate House idea's as I wanted my level to be of TR4/TRC origins :)

I would be happy to supply TenChen with the Church prj if it's of any use ?

TenChen
17th Nov 2002, 18:18
Originally posted by Number6
Will you have another "level" with the church in it...that would be neat.

Im not planning to make any other "levels" or any "town" features, The only thing I had considered was a Virtual Reality Level that contained a Computerised (Tron) world with a Computerised Lara, Im just focusing on the inside of the house at the moment