PDA

View Full Version : Private Smith-Hard Version

Gentry29
12th Nov 2002, 02:33
I have gotten the little man to punch the officer on teh second floor and the soldier in the room. There are three more I have to get by and get upstairs. Help. It is hard to get by without weapons.

1shot1kill
12th Nov 2002, 17:58
Use the electricity poles outside to get to the upper floor right away.

Gentry29
13th Nov 2002, 03:35
I tried that but, I hit the soldier on the corner, but the other saw me and killed me. I can't get up the pole fast enough. Three soldiers with guns kill me before I am halfway up.

Xcom
13th Nov 2002, 03:42
You must climb to the second floor. I never used the poles but rather went directly over the balcony where the officer is patrolling. It requires some timing but it's not that difficult. After that you enter the room where GB is.

Gentry29
13th Nov 2002, 03:45
Once I get in and knockout the officer and then the soldier, do I go to the bathroom, or through the door and hit the soldier standing next to it? That officer is by the window and does not stay turned around long enough. If I can get to the ladder, I can make, right

Xcom
13th Nov 2002, 04:18
Originally posted by Gentry29
Once I get in and knockout the officer and then the soldier, do I go to the bathroom, or through the door and hit the soldier standing next to it? That officer is by the window and does not stay turned around long enough. If I can get to the ladder, I can make, right

No. You don't need to knock out anyone (yet). Just climb the wall to the top floor and enter thru a small window. You'll be in the room where GB is sitting. There will also be one officer in that room. Him you should knock out. Then you can release GB and he will tie that officer up.

edit:

check the pic:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/images/m8b1_2_o.jpg

You should start climing apprx. where the circle is. Time it so that the officer on the balcony doesn't spot you and then continue to the top floor.

Gentry29
13th Nov 2002, 05:24
It worked, but I even thing the little man sweated. I got Snapper and need to get to the Sniper. I only have two grenades and I guess I can use them. Thanks for the help. I killed the enemy that walked back and forth.

ragsy
13th Nov 2002, 06:22
I tried that but, I hit the soldier on the corner, but the other saw me and killed me. I can't get up the pole fast enough. Three soldiers with guns kill me before I am halfway up.

Its a mute point cause you're already past this part but

The trick is to use the rat to distract the officer at the corner near the pole, as soon as he turns you climb the pole..

This is without doubt the fastest and easiest way to get to the GB

seven mouse click without hot keys, if i remember right :D

4Eyes
13th Nov 2002, 07:35
I played it on normal, I just climbed up the balcony, entered the room from there, knocked out the guard in the first room and kicked him a couple more times to ensure that he stays down longer.

Then I entered the bathroom and quickly made a run for the ladder when the guard was moving away and the lieutenant was facing the window.

I didn't know you could climb all the way up to the Green Beret's floor. Thanks for the tip.

And about Spike the Rat. I have never EVER used him. I think it's much like Desperados' Mr. Leone the monkey, which I also never used.

1shot1kill
13th Nov 2002, 18:02

that's where Spike gets usefull, let him distract the guard who watches the pole on the waterside and climb in it, when you are in the house again Spike will find you. (smart rat)