PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for invasion in mission 8

4Eyes
11th Nov 2002, 08:16
Hey folks,

I'm in mission 8 now, and I need to find only one more piece of the bonus mission, which shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I wanted to know if you know of any good strategic pointers to prepare for the invasion. (i.e. from which side do they come, where best to deploy my people, etc.) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

4Eyes

Thorup
11th Nov 2002, 08:37
there comes tanks from the north. the left and the right road. don't remember whre you should place your men, it has been a long time since I played the mission.

you should first see where they come from and then load the game form before invasion and then you know

1shot1kill
11th Nov 2002, 16:10
There are many posibilities, easiest would probably be to use all the (55 i think) AP mines on the bridges and the AT mines on the road in front of the stone bridge. Then get all commandos and soldiers in the house the sniper was being held in and put the soldier with the bazooka looking out of the window closest to the bridge so you can use him to take out the tanks if they are on the bridge. Put the sniper in the window next to him and make every other soldier and commando look out of a window and make them cover every side the germans can come from, because they will come from every side. Use the remaining soldiers/commandos to cover the door into the building and start the invasion, use the sniper to kill the grenadiers and enemy snipers (grenadiers are more important to kill) then when a tank crosses the bridge make sure there is no enemy infantry on the bridge or the soldier with the bazooka will attempt to shoot the infantry with his pistol first and let the tank get past. From there it should be pretty easy.

4Eyes
12th Nov 2002, 07:47
Thanks for the advice...I completed the mission. I had the three tank mines on the road where the three tanks come from, and one remote bomb on the other road where the fourth (well, actually the second) tank comes from. Duke was in the house overseeing the bridge, while Tiny was lying in wait outside by the door. The bridge was riddled with AP mines (there's 42 total, BTW)

I also had some mines at other strategic positions, for example the staircase near the starting position. Then I placed the soldiers in strategic positions besides the buildings in the town square. It took a few tries, but I finished it, even though there were still a couple of enemy soldiers left. I think the last tank blew up on the third mine and that triggered the end of the mission.

Now it's on to Castle Colditz