PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character in XIII?

FantasyFinale12
25th Jan 2013, 15:25
Hey everybody! With all the awesome characters in Final Fantasy XIII, you've got a whole arsenal to choose from for this question!: Who is your favorite? Why are they your favorite?
They can be good, or evil. Either way!

moooka
25th Jan 2013, 15:46
Lightning! Not just in XIII but she's my fav female character in the entire series.

tiger814
25th Jan 2013, 18:34
Hey everybody! With all the awesome characters in Final Fantasy XIII, you've got a whole arsenal to choose from for this question!: Who is your favorite? Why are they your favorite?

Lightning is my favorite, because she is a stong independent women. She is my favorite charater out of all video games.

Hinatawa
25th Jan 2013, 20:31
I love Lightning, Fang, and Hope! <3

FantasyFinale12
26th Jan 2013, 23:48
@ Taylor: Yeah, she's got spunk!

Also, I guess I forgot to put down my favorite character(s) in the intro to this topic. So, here it is now! As you have most likely guessed, Lightning is my absolute fave character so far. She's strong, skilled, brave, and courageous. I also like Vanille, she brings a comedic perspective to things to lighten the mood sometimes. Even though she's been through tough times with Fang, she can keep on smiling.

MichaelVoid
29th Jan 2013, 20:07
Wow. Everyone is picking Lightning!!! No surprise there. Well, I'm going to go with..............................................

DAJH'S CHOCOBO CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or

CAIUS BALLAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't know about y'all, but Chocolina (the chocobo chick) is my driving force of the games. She leads me on and I always think of her when I play the game. She interacts with me and is so cute in a baby way.

(Caius is just awesome like that. Too awesome to explain.)

If not her then my next choice would be the all-time (funny pun for FFXIII-2) inspiring CHOCOBO.

3rd: Moogles and Yuel

Bhinevelze

Pulse

Etro

Sazh

Last: Noel

(Anyone else doesn't count for me.)

FantasyFinale12
29th Jan 2013, 22:37
Lol. The chocobo chick is quite entertaining. Especially since it lives in Afro Man's hair (that's what I call Sahz).

member_10706996
30th Jan 2013, 01:18
Well my favorite character is Hope because his character development really branched out. Seeing him grow up and be a mature leader in XIII-2 was quite something. I also like the little scarf he wears.

Pandemoniium
31st Jan 2013, 11:53

Definitely Cid Raines, I just like how he was trying to help everyone in his own way. Unless i'm mistaked as to what his intentions were

FantasyFinale12
31st Jan 2013, 18:23
I like how Hope is becoming a very inspiring character in the series. :)

elsonSCCP
31st Jan 2013, 18:28
Fang love her.

MichaelVoid
31st Jan 2013, 19:06
Fang love her.

Everyone loves Fang. Even Galenth/Barthandelus loves Fang. Pulse loves Fang, Lindzei loves Fang. Vanille ESPECIALLY ABSOLUTELY LOVES Fang.

FantasyFinale12
31st Jan 2013, 19:17
Fang love her.

Everyone loves Fang. Even Galenth/Barthandelus loves Fang. Pulse loves Fang, Lindzei loves Fang. Vanille ESPECIALLY ABSOLUTELY LOVES Fang.

Fang + Vanille, sisters from different misters! :)

MichaelVoid
31st Jan 2013, 19:22
Fang love her.

Fang + Vanille, sisters from different misters! :)

Only a few people believe they are sisters. If they are then theymust have crossed the incest line a long time ago.

Leaferian-379423
31st Jan 2013, 20:14
My favorite character is Hope. While I did not lose my mother, I have lost people in my life before and not always in a peaceful way. I think it's very hard for people who have not been in these situations to really understand how much it crushes your spirit, how it leaves you burned up and sobbing. I admire that he didn't fall apart, and I can relate to some of his pains. The fact that he turned his rage into determination, and then later into a pure passion that lead him to try and save the world not once but twice and across 500 years of time really makes me think he's one of the best characters in any Final Fantasy.

Acid-Cactuar
31st Jan 2013, 20:22
Lightning! Not just in XIII but she's my fav female character in the entire series.

Its Gotta Be The AWESOME Eidolon, Or Phantom Beast, ODIN. The First Time I Saw The Gestalt Transformation It Was Just "Wow", Amazing.

FantasyFinale12
1st Feb 2013, 13:43
@FF721: Even if they aren't sisters, they sure are close enough. What with all they've been through together and stuff. Vanille really lightens the mood too. :)

@LeaferIan: Very admirable indeed. He's a character that I'm pretty sure almost everybody can relate to in one way or another.

@Acid-Cactuar: Odin is very amazing. Then again, pretty much all the Eidolon are! XD

MichaelVoid
1st Feb 2013, 19:56
@FANTASYFINALE12

Lovers have also been through a lot and they act the part. I have my opinions, you have yours.

elsonSCCP
1st Feb 2013, 21:44
Fang love her.

Lol with sure!

heroesrox
1st Feb 2013, 22:05
My most favorite in the entire 13 series is Sazh Katzroy. His story is the best in 13. He's awesome.

Second and third, I like Vanille and then, Fang. :3

FantasyFinale12
1st Feb 2013, 23:56
Found an awesome pic of fang and the quote on it says "I'm great, you're great, everybody's great." Very enjoyable. :3

Proxy
2nd Feb 2013, 08:32
Either Lightning or Fang. Although I am leaning more towards Lightning. D:

human-apes
2nd Feb 2013, 12:47
it's hard to pick one, i dig them all but it's between snow or lighting. 1 cuase snow is confident with words and actions to back it up, he earns his self proclaimed title of hero (hard to find some one that can back up there own words). 2 lighting is an heroine that is pretty awsome, she's tough and in-control but emotionaly sensitive at the same time.

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 16:33
lighting is an heroine that is pretty awsome, she's tough and in-control but emotionaly sensitive at the same time.

Agreed!

human-apes
4th Feb 2013, 16:59
lighting is an heroine that is pretty awsome, she's tough and in-control but emotionaly sensitive at the same time.

Agreed!

what do you think of her new story in lighting returns? i feel that it's gona be very interesting. me personally like that square is trying new stuff out (new to them anyways).

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 18:54
It's going to be amazing! Based on the trailer and info I've heard, it'll be a great game. FF XIII was a Platinum Hit for a reason! :) I can't wait to finish it so I can play and finish XIII-2. Then when Lightning Returns is released I can play it ASAP!

human-apes
4th Feb 2013, 19:12
It's going to be amazing! Based on the trailer and info I've heard, it'll be a great game. FF XIII was a Platinum Hit for a reason! :) I can't wait to finish it so I can play and finish XIII-2. Then when Lightning Returns is released I can play it ASAP!

i know right XD. hey what do you think about caius in 13-2, i dig him and the way he spaeks.

MichaelVoid
4th Feb 2013, 19:14

i know right XD. hey what do you think about caius in 13-2, i dig him and the way he spaeks.

Caius is awesome. He's my favorite villian.

human-apes
4th Feb 2013, 19:20

i know right XD, who's your favorite in 13 or 13-2?

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 19:28

i know right XD, who's your favorite in 13 or 13-2?

Sadly, I am not on XIII-2 yet TT^TT However, he does look like an interesting villian. As for a fave villian in XIII? I have no clue, but my most hated is Barthandelus of course. Such an evil Fal Cie.... Using Light's real name in a vile way....

human-apes
4th Feb 2013, 19:34
ya that guy is (forgive my language) an ass lol, where are you in 13?

MichaelVoid
4th Feb 2013, 19:36
Sadly, I am not on XIII-2 yet TT^TT However, he does look like an interesting villian. As for a fave villian in XIII? I have no clue, but my most hated is Barthandelus of course. Such an evil Fal Cie.... Using Light's real name in a vile way....

Is it me or does EVERYONE hate Barthandelus?

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 19:56
@ Michael: I am in Orphan's Cradle-The Tesseracts. I just defeated the 3 Sanctum Templars and have to go to that Golden Fal Cie statue lady.

@FF721: Lots of resons to hate that villian, lol. I can like other villians, but not him.

StarrOnionion
4th Feb 2013, 20:06
fang because she has a badass eidolin and shes like cool. like really really cool.

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 20:12
@ Marion: Yeah, her spear is awesome too. I never really noticed it before today because I played as her, but it breaks apart into different sections!

MichaelVoid
4th Feb 2013, 20:13
@ Michael: I am in Orphan's Cradle-The Tesseracts. I just defeated the 3 Sanctum Templars and have to go to that Golden Fal Cie statue lady.

@FF721: Lots of resons to hate that villian, lol. I can like other villians, but not him.

You're not that far. You might want to keep Vanille close. She'll be useful.

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 20:16

You're not that far. You might want to keep Vanille close. She'll be useful.

Yeah, I will. Her saboteur skills are fully developed if I'm correct. I think Fangs might be as well, but her Sentinel role definitely is.

Tutorialdem
4th Feb 2013, 20:21

My Faveorite character is Hope cos he had a tragic story line and he looks so cool when he is in Final Fantasy XIII-2

FantasyFinale12
4th Feb 2013, 20:23

My Faveorite character is Hope cos he had a tragic story line and he looks so cool when he is in Final Fantasy XIII-2

OMG YES!!! I've seen photos!!! XD

human-apes
4th Feb 2013, 21:00

oh right on! you'll enjoy the ending, i know i did.

FantasyFinale12
6th Feb 2013, 19:14

You're right, I did! It was so happy I felt like crying! That didn't happen until the end of the intro in Valhalla though... Lol, I'm such a sap X3

MichaelVoid
6th Feb 2013, 20:29

You're right, I did! It was so happy I felt like crying! That didn't happen until the end of the intro in Valhalla though... Lol, I'm such a sap X3

Hah. If you think that's bad just wait until the ending of XIII-2 and the Lightning DLC of XIII-2. [I'm a human sized spoiler. Sorry :) ]

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 00:02

i know right, but to be honest the final fantasy series i mean its creaters are realy good story tellers and there art designers are amazing, in my opinion.

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 00:04

Hah. If you think that's bad just wait until the ending of XIII-2 and the Lightning DLC of XIII-2. [I'm a human sized spoiler. Sorry :) ]

dang it chocobo (ff721) XD you feathery spoiler.lol :3

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 18:28

Sorry :) Can't blame the chocobo, just blame it on the rider. Oh wait. I'm wild. Nvm.

But if you ever need help I'll be a better helper than a spoiler.

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 18:42

Sorry :) Can't blame the chocobo, just blame it on the rider. Oh wait. I'm wild. Nvm.

XD stop eating all the greens XD lol.

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 18:43

I can't they're too goo and l'Cie won't stop feeding me.

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 19:47

I can't they're too goo and l'Cie won't stop feeding me.

reminds me of a kitten, cute and trouble some :p.

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 19:49

Very true. :) Kweh

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 20:41

what did you think of 13-2s music for the wild red chocobos compared to the normal chocobos.

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 20:45

what did you think of 13-2s music for the wild red chocobos compared to the normal chocobos.

I don't like it better actually but it fits a crazy chocobo's style. They agitate me though, especially when I have only one green left

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 20:58

I don't like it better actually but it fits a crazy chocobo's style. They agitate me though, especially when I have only one green left

i know what you mean lol i feel your pain.

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 21:02

A lot of people do. Chocobo's will forever be my inspiration. If they leave then I have moogles.

human-apes
7th Feb 2013, 21:08

A lot of people do. Chocobo's will forever be my inspiration. If they leave then I have moogles.

lol XD indeed but they can't get rid of chocobos XD they been apart of ff since the beginning. i had that chocobo rock theme stuck in my haed for a little bit :3.

MichaelVoid
7th Feb 2013, 21:13

lol XD indeed but they can't get rid of chocobos XD they been apart of ff since the beginning. i had that chocobo rock theme stuck in my haed for a little bit :3.

Me too. It's kind of catchy.

FantasyFinale12
8th Feb 2013, 18:43
Ermehgerd! So excited! Currently I'm in the Bresha Ruins 5AF by the way. I can't wait to ride chocobos all over the place! Before going to Bresha I rode the Chocobo that showed up, it was insanely fun! Then again, who DOESN'T like chocobos? Lol.

Side note- in the second battle with a gogmagog creature, the music was suprisingly screamo sounding.

MichaelVoid
8th Feb 2013, 19:12
Ermehgerd! So excited! Currently I'm in the Bresha Ruins 5AF by the way. I can't wait to ride chocobos all over the place! Before going to Bresha I rode the Chocobo that showed up, it was insanely fun! Then again, who DOESN'T like chocobos? Lol.

Side note- in the second battle with a gogmagog creature, the music was suprisingly screamo sounding.

You'll go to the Brsha Ruins many times in your Final Fantasy XIII-2 life. It will be fun and you need the Chocobos a lot for it.

human-apes
8th Feb 2013, 19:20

you go girl XD but how are are you enjoying it thus far?

FantasyFinale12
9th Feb 2013, 16:51
@ FF721: Cool, I'll have to save up those greens!

@ Michael: I love it! :D It's really good. I flipped out when I saw Hope again all grown up! Right now I'm in Oerba (200 AF) trying to defeat Caius for the first time. It's pretty tough. :P There's also another gate I found in Bresha for 300 AF. The location is the Sunleth Waterscape if I remember correctly. It looks very red in the picture. I can't wait to explore it.

Side note- I think Caius is going to be my first fave villian in the Final Fantasy series.

human-apes
9th Feb 2013, 19:17

@ Michael: I love it! :D It's really good. I flipped out when I saw Hope again all grown up! Right now I'm in Oerba (200 AF) trying to defeat Caius for the first time. It's pretty tough. :P There's also another gate I found in Bresha for 300 AF. The location is the Sunleth Waterscape if I remember correctly. It looks very red in the picture. I can't wait to explore it.

Side note- I think Caius is going to be my first fave villian in the Final Fantasy series.

i know right :D those red ones are locked if you wish to travel to other place in the time other then the main one you need to unlock it. and in one of those you get to run in to sazh and you get to hear from lightning as well as other rewards for exploration.

FantasyFinale12
10th Feb 2013, 21:28

i know right :D those red ones are locked if you wish to travel to other place in the time other then the main one you need to unlock it. and in one of those you get to run in to sazh and you get to hear from lightning as well as other rewards for exploration.

Well, I haven't seen Sazh. But Snow is at the Sunleth Waterscape. I need to defeat that giant Flan. Before I do that though I'm doing things at the Achrylite Steppes and completing a few missions from Bresha. I need to defeat that dragon who's eating those Flan on the Steppes before I beat the Flan. I also still need to fight Caius. I figured, "if I can do this, then I'll be ready to face him."

destruction7
10th Feb 2013, 21:43
I donĀ“t know if is acceptable

but i will choose Noel xiii-2

if only is Xiii: Lightning #1

human-apes
10th Feb 2013, 21:48

Well, I haven't seen Sazh. But Snow is at the Sunleth Waterscape. I need to defeat that giant Flan. Before I do that though I'm doing things at the Achrylite Steppes and completing a few missions from Bresha. I need to defeat that dragon who's eating those Flan on the Steppes before I beat the Flan. I also still need to fight Caius. I figured, "if I can do this, then I'll be ready to face him."

good luck ^-^ and happy griding the final boss is realy hard.

MichaelVoid
11th Feb 2013, 15:47

good luck ^-^ and happy griding the final boss is realy hard.

I believe that she will be able to make it through the final boss easily. (The chocobo is always right.) Just wait until you get the Paradox Scope, Caius will be even harder but funner to fight. Sazh is in Vile Peaks 20 AF, I think?

Leaferian-379423
11th Feb 2013, 21:39
Vile Peaks 10AF. What Caius fight are you talking about, finale12? I'm trying to guage where you are in the story.

FantasyFinale12
13th Feb 2013, 18:09
@ Leaferian: The very first encounter. Its in Oerba on the roof where that Oracle drive is. Also, I'll be attempting to defeat him again soon. I finished beating that dragon and the large Flan it was creating in Sunleth due to the paradox effect (after going through the gate I unlocked there I ended up in The Void Beyond but couldn't do anything because a fallen pillar was in the way, so I left). I am also working on taming a Behemoth >:D

@Fantasy721: Harder? TT^TT Nuuu! Oh well, I beat Barthandelus 3 times and Orphan's two forms.... maybe it'll be okay???

@SilverGol: Noel is a very interesting character. He reminds me a bit of Vanille and Fang because of his clothing and his optimistic thinking.

MichaelVoid
13th Feb 2013, 18:14
@ Leaferian: The very first encounter. Its in Oerba on the roof where that Oracle drive is. Also, I'll be attempting to defeat him again soon. I finished beating that dragon and the large Flan it was creating in Sunleth due to the paradox effect (after going through the gate I unlocked there I ended up in The Void Beyond but couldn't do anything because a fallen pillar was in the way, so I left). I am also working on taming a Behemoth >:D

@Fantasy721: Harder? TT^TT Nuuu! Oh well, I beat Barthandelus 3 times and Orphan's two forms.... maybe it'll be okay???

@SilverGol: Noel is a very interesting character. He reminds me a bit of Vanille and Fang because of his clothing and his optimistic thinking.

Girl. Caius is basically a god in Paradox Scope form.

FantasyFinale12
17th Feb 2013, 16:59
Oh wow... :o That'll be tough.

Ps: I defeated Caius for the first time and am currently at Augusta Tower. I've learned the forbidden history as well.

Pss: My sister thinks of Hope like a more responsible version of Snow in XIII-2.

summoneryuna
17th Feb 2013, 20:31
sorry this is irrelevant,but im really curious as to how you spend points oh and in Final Fantasy XIII Lightning is my favorite character.

MichaelVoid
17th Feb 2013, 20:41
sorry this is irrelevant,but im really curious as to how you spend points oh and in Final Fantasy XIII Lightning is my favorite character.

No irrelevant topics or this thread will be deleted. Make a new topic please.

summoneryuna
17th Feb 2013, 20:44
seriously? if you could help in anyway that would be useful,also the end of my comment was relevant I should have specified but thanks anyway kupo.

MichaelVoid
17th Feb 2013, 20:47
seriously? if you could help in anyway that would be useful,also the end of my comment was relevant I should have specified but thanks anyway kupo.

You welcome. Tell me if you make the topic because I want to tell you how I use my points.

summoneryuna
17th Feb 2013, 21:10

You welcome. Tell me if you make the topic because I want to tell you how I use my points.

I totally made the topic so uh if you would help me I would really appreciate it thanks kupo,and sorry for using this forum for something other than its original intentions im a newbie to square enix members and I didn't know you're not supposed to do that so sorry again and thanks a bunch.

FatSqueek
17th Feb 2013, 21:18
I liked that one developed character.

member_10824187
17th Feb 2013, 23:56
Lightning, Fang, and Serah. They're all pretty kick-ass in their own ways and I seriously can't wait for FFXIII: Lightning Returns. XD

FantasyFinale12
18th Feb 2013, 19:23
Lightning, Fang, and Serah. They're all pretty kick-ass in their own ways and I seriously can't wait for FFXIII: Lightning Returns. XD

Me either!!! XD It's going to be awesome. I'm starting to Like Noel a fair amount too and I have pity for him because of his past.

FantasyFinale12
16th Mar 2013, 14:58
I really enjoy seeing Mog. He adds some humor to the story! X3 He kind of looks like he's made of marshmallows &bull;w&bull;

member_10199512
20th Mar 2013, 02:21
To be honesy Fang and Vanille are my favorite mostly because they are different in a way from the rest and because there is just so much about them that it makes me more curious

FantasyFinale12
22nd Mar 2013, 16:41
@ William9909: Yes, I agree. They are very interesting characters! :) I like to think of them as sisters by bond. They have been through so much!

Frogg
8th Apr 2013, 15:53
My favorite characters go as follows

Snow>Snow>Snow>Lightning>Sazh>a cockroach>Hope>a lump of crap>Fang and Vanille.

The Hero always wins.

Jehsjb
9th Apr 2013, 11:35
Of course..my favorite character in FF nowdays is Lightning,she is so beautifull and so cool XD

Crystal_Power
9th Apr 2013, 21:29
Lightning is my favorite character in Final Fantasy XIII, I also like Vanille and Sazh.

member_10162287
9th Apr 2013, 23:03
My favorite is everyone's favorite: Lightning. And Hope.

My favorite character is Hope. While I did not lose my mother, I have lost people in my life before and not always in a peaceful way. I think it's very hard for people who have not been in these situations to really understand how much it crushes your spirit, how it leaves you burned up and sobbing. I admire that he didn't fall apart, and I can relate to some of his pains. The fact that he turned his rage into determination, and then later into a pure passion that lead him to try and save the world not once but twice and across 500 years of time really makes me think he's one of the best characters in any Final Fantasy.

Exactly. People who complained that he's too whining, too bratty, or too weak forgot, or just plain ingorant to the fact that he was only 14, was being exile, witnessed his mother died in front of him, then turned into an enemy of the states, all in a matter of days. He was probably the one with the most character development in the game.

Leaferian-379423
9th Apr 2013, 23:40
I quite agree. The only character I disliked, honestly, was Snow. I didn't even dislike him because he has a bad personality or anything; It's just that with that stupid doo-rag/bandana/whatever you want name the monstrosity and his general manner of speaking, he reminds of someone I know who I full-on hate. So, it's less I don't like him and more that he reminds me of someone who pisses me off and it was initially found it hard to separate them.

I also feel like the mid-game event involving Sazh and Vanille in the Nautilus park was one of the most well-done and tense scenes I've seen in a video game. The culmination of these events left you hanging for another hour or three (depending on whether you power-leveled or just blitzed through), and reminded me of the terror I experienced often in Final Fantasy IV: Every time a character left the party, I was never sure if they were dead or if they were going to somehow claw their way back onto the stage.

Unlimax_SE
10th Apr 2013, 02:40
It would be Noctis & Prompto from Versus "XIII" ..!

FantasyFinale12
14th Apr 2013, 15:30
@ Leaferian: Yeah, I agree! It was so intense!

Zidane42
17th Apr 2013, 15:48
I would have to go with Fang, once I started being able to use her I kept her on my team the rest of the game, she is really powerful and was just fun to play with to me, plus I love the Bahamut is her summon.

iTables
3rd Dec 2013, 01:14
Lightning all the way! Snow is 2nd.