PDA

View Full Version : Financial Chores

Polar_Andromeda
8th Nov 2002, 19:48
Is anyone in here stuck doing their parents' financing? I only have one parent, my mom, and she has put me in charge of all her bills, money, banking, and all that other good stuff ever since I was 14. Why? Because according to her, "It'll be good for you." I have to make sure everything is paid on time. Does anyone else have to deal w/ this?

MountainDewNut
8th Nov 2002, 21:56
Nope, but I was thinking of maybe watching my mom do it, so that I know what to do.

thanhkim
10th Nov 2002, 19:09
No I have enough of my own financial worries to be concerned about without looking after my parents. That I think is why my finances are in the biggest mess one could imagine???

JunoJIm
12th Nov 2002, 04:44
Hey - you can make it fun and easy too !!!

Sign her up for online automatic bill payment thru her bank account - they all have 'em now - after a fairly easy setup, the payments come out automatically - most are about the same every month - if not, just check & change 'em - it's like a game...

Polar_Andromeda
12th Nov 2002, 04:54
Originally posted by JunoJIm
Hey - you can make it fun and easy too !!!

Sign her up for online automatic bill payment thru her bank account - they all have 'em now - after a fairly easy setup, the payments come out automatically - most are about the same every month - if not, just check & change 'em - it's like a game...

Yeah, that's what I've always done, but I like paying everything individually online rather than thru a bank. I can't imagine how much work I would have to do if I had to do everything by hand. :eek:

JunoJIm
13th Nov 2002, 04:39
OK - well, you could have some more fun, & invest some of Mom's money in the Stock Market...:D

Polar_Andromeda
13th Nov 2002, 06:57
Pretty much the way I have fun is that I buy a little something now and again. But my mom doesn't mind, as long as I know my limits. How do you think I bought all the TR games? :D

Oh, and I can't invest now. We're sort of in the process of buying 2 houses where she and I can live, one here and one in a different country for vacationg. :cool:

JunoJIm
14th Nov 2002, 04:34
Vacation in Florida - it's a different country...