PDA

View Full Version : Places in your heart

rocconorth
8th Nov 2002, 09:16
What places in the world would you like to visit that you have already or would like to someday? It could be a country, city, or just a specific place (ie. The Grand Canyon). Also, what about that place makes it appealing to you? For me, I always love to go to Las Vegas. I like to gamble, but what makes it so awesome is that no matter how many times I go there it still blows my mind every time...especially at night. I realize that it's not the most wholesome place on Earth, but to me, it's truly a place that is out of this world.

chloe
8th Nov 2002, 11:52
well for me it be st.louis mo because that where my big sister
and her cute boy live and begoing to see them after thankgiving
st.louis is pretty cool place can't wait to go to the magic house.

DaveJ
8th Nov 2002, 13:04
New York again.

My sister and brother-in-law are going for the first time this Christmas.

I'm not normally given to jealousy....

Prelude
8th Nov 2002, 13:14
Universal Studios of course :D I also like going to the fridge ;)

whitemetal
8th Nov 2002, 13:43
Sri Lanka.....I had a brief stay back in 1976 and never got over the beauty of the country and its people. The beaches are so clean and devoid of tourists for the most part, fantastic hotels,markets and plenty of places for sightseers. Hope to make it back someday.

Aquarius
8th Nov 2002, 14:39
Originally posted by Prelude
Universal Studios of course :D I also like going to the fridge ;)

I hear the fridge is very lovely this time of the year. ;)

Mine would have to be Key West, New York, London, or Australia. :)

Key West is just too much fun.

New York, I love big cities and the vibrant life they have. Plus, I hope to go to college at Columbia University.

London, just for the accents! :D

Australia, it's Australia! Does there have to be a reason?!?! ;)

LARAMANIAC
8th Nov 2002, 17:55
Bali - definitely!! I lived in Indonesia for a long time and Bali was always my favourite haunt! Would also like to express my sympathy to the peaceful Hindu people of Bali who were horrendously bombed a few weeks ago. Never has there been a more tranquil place than Bali!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

Deekman
8th Nov 2002, 18:15
Roma! London!
And I'd like to take my wife out west to places I've been to before
but she hasn't -
St Louis, Kansas City, The Grand Canyon,
Las Vegas (The Star Trek Hilton)
LA, Laguna Seca.

whitemetal
9th Nov 2002, 08:49
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
Bali - definitely!! I lived in Indonesia for a long time and Bali was always my favourite haunt! Would also like to express my sympathy to the peaceful Hindu people of Bali who were horrendously bombed a few weeks ago. Never has there been a more tranquil place than Bali!

Around 90 Australians were Killed and 50 or so wounded, many seriously. I've been to Bali too and loved it at the time but it seems that every second person i talk to here knew someone who was caught in that horrorable bombing......Bali is not the same anymore........no offence Laramaniac sorry for the outburst but we also knew a young mother who did not return home to her family...it's so sad.

Godfather
9th Nov 2002, 13:22
I would like to sit on Lara Croft's lap again ... :(

Whoops! Did I just say that out loud? Well, it's been a while since I talked like that, so ... ;)

Anyway, that is my fav. place of them. Close to Lara Croft protected by her arms and warm body and (GODFATHER!! QUIT TALKING LIKE THAT!! .... sorry) :D

infinite_sadness
9th Nov 2002, 13:55
Sunnydale, California...
I used 2 slay vamps there..........

MountainDewNut
9th Nov 2002, 15:09
I want to go to California and see the Statue of Liberty.

LARAMANIAC
9th Nov 2002, 18:59
Originally posted by White Metal
Around 90 Australians were Killed and 50 or so wounded, many seriously. I've been to Bali too and loved it at the time but it seems that every second person i talk to here knew someone who was caught in that horrorable bombing......Bali is not the same anymore........no offence Laramaniac sorry for the outburst but we also knew a young mother who did not return home to her family...it's so sad.

My deepest condolences go obviously to the Australian families who lost so many. I know Bali is a favourite haunt with many Australian surfers, some of whom are my friends and have been for a long time. However, this horrendous act was perpetrated upon Bali for this reason. White Metal surely you must remember what kind and peaceful people the Balinese are!! They are as devastated by the bombing too!!

Lady in Black
9th Nov 2002, 20:33
AROUND THE ENTIRE WORLD!!! There is sooooo much more I want to see around. ;)

Jade
9th Nov 2002, 23:16
i'd really like to see paris or new york at christmas...

Rose662
10th Nov 2002, 04:02
There are many places I would love to visit both in and out of the USA.

I would like to visit NYC and see the sights.
I have visited some of PA Dutch country and I would like to see more of it. I have visited some of Virginia and would like to see more. I would like to go back to Washington, DC and return to the Smithsonian, plus see more museums.

I have never been to (and would like to visit) the National Aquarium in Baltimore, the caves in VA, some Western states (I have friends out there), Hawaii, Australia, Austria.

So many places to visit, so little space to list them all! :)

purple rain
10th Nov 2002, 10:08
i am desperate to get to new york city. but i'm going next year so -- ace! :D

i also reallllyy want to go to egypt and madagascar.

a place that i have been to and loved wassss mount hotham, in the australian state of victoria. it's gorgeous. i of course went in winter, for the snow.
i also loved dinsey world, florida. heheheh

thanhkim
10th Nov 2002, 19:13
Egypt I would love to go and see these place. Cairo, the nile all that would be just the best to see. Feel like tombraiding it would. See the valley of the kings totally would blow me away.

AmO
10th Nov 2002, 19:43
well when i was 8 years old my girlfriend and i were going to take our "dancing act", [really dumb] to New York, we would call ourselves "the 2 pearls" good thing we never made it.:D
but i would like to go there now that i have some common sense.

also would love to go see all of Great Britten, and Denmark.