PDA

View Full Version : Question: Giant in Haiphong

4Eyes
7th Nov 2002, 08:13
Hey guys,

I'm in mission 7 now (giant in haiphong) and I have taken out about every japanese soldier around (I almost thought I was playing Carmageddon, not Commandos when I was driving the truck inside the naval base. :D )

Anyway, I've destroyed both fuel supplies, taken out the tank and completed every other objective but one. Lupin is on the deck of the carrier, but I can't seem to find the right spot to throw down the rope ladder. I've looked around, but I can't find the right spot. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
7th Nov 2002, 08:35
just finding that stupid stop took me an hour

try this.......you know how the camrea angle starts when the game starts, well try to rotate it 90-180 degrees left, then it should be a little easier finding that mechanism. It's just about where that japanese sniper is, just move around your mose pointer in that area.

4Eyes
7th Nov 2002, 12:22
So there's a mechanism I should use? And I was thinking I just had to throw down one of those rope ladders you can take with you. That's what Lupin said when I rescued him, to get him on board so he could throw down a ladder.

That explains why I couldn't get it done. Thanks! I'll try finding the mechanism.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
7th Nov 2002, 12:41
when using the mechanism you drop down a ladder, that's basicly what it does.
i also tried all the time dropping the damn ladder Lupin has but couldn't find a spot to place it :(

so yeah...that dumb-arse mecha-ladder will drop as soon as you find it :D