PDA

View Full Version : game couldn't run and freezes at the edios intro

imran
5th Nov 2002, 22:11
the game couldn't run and freezes at the edios intro and only blue screen could be seen. help required plz.

1shot1kill
6th Nov 2002, 04:02
What are the specs of your comp?

Thorup
6th Nov 2002, 10:59
Try to reinstall the game.
btw. did you download the game or buy it?

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Nov 2002, 16:10
umm.......oi, i think it's something with your comp dude

cause i remember that someone else had like the same problem and it was caused by something with the computer performace (i'm not sure about this but good giving it a try)

and yes Thorup........like he is goind to say " I Confess, i'm a horrible person, i downloaded the game of the intienet :D"

hehe.......it would be pretty funny if he said that tho :D

imran
6th Nov 2002, 20:29
i try to reinstall but won't work.
and nothing wrong with my pc its working quite ok, i also tried some thing with it but won't work.
and i bought it right.
i have intel 810e mother board with 64 ram and pentium 3 processor

rickter
6th Nov 2002, 20:37
imran, when you come on a game forum and ask a bunch of guys how to fix your computer you're gonna get a bunch of answers. We are not tech support! We're only offering what we know. Some of it is pure crap, some of it's silly, some of it may work. I think asking if it's a warez game is legit so don't take offense, he's only trying to help.

Mike_B
6th Nov 2002, 20:41
Originally posted by rickter
I think asking if it's a warez game is legit so don't take offense, he's only trying to help.

Where exactly did he say or acted like he took offense of that?

rickter
6th Nov 2002, 20:49
and i bought it right

Sounds to me like: look man, i bought it ok??!!

Anyway, who cares? If he didn't take offense then no harm done. If he did, I was just letting him know that he wasn't being attacked.

imran
6th Nov 2002, 20:57
i am just going mad now after seeing that u people are not help rather bringing the brakes in the way. i just need to know the solution or else get ready to have some wat u deserve.

solution _______________________________________________________________________________________________________???????

Xcom
6th Nov 2002, 21:30
No need to get angry, so chill.
We indeed always try to help but in this case there are so many things that can be a problem.

Things you can try:

- Check for latest drivers for your gfx card and sound card.
- Install the latest DirectX.
- Get the patch for Commandos2. (Click here (http://ftp.eidos.com/pub/patches/commandos2/InternationalPatch.exe).)
- Disable joysticks/gamepads if you have any.
- Disable Anti-virus software if you have any.

That doesn't help, post the results of the dxdiag tool. Maybe we can figure something out from there.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Nov 2002, 23:15
hold on....i just thought of something ( i think it was for Commandos 2)

you can download somewhere a couple of videos that just "skip" the intro, that might or might not help :S

and i missed the blue screen thingie.....that sounds like a wonderfull OS problem.

X-Com gave some excellent advice........try that :D

RedLegg
7th Nov 2002, 07:40
Originally posted by rickter
We are not tech support! We're only offering what we know. Some of it is pure crap, some of it's silly, some of it may work.

Hey, that is how Tech Support works too. :)

Seriously if nothing that XCOM works, go to our support page and submit your problem.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
7th Nov 2002, 08:31
Originally posted by RedLegg
Hey, that is how Tech Support works too. :)

I KNEW IT.............hahaha :D

1shot1kill
7th Nov 2002, 15:20
With most games you can remove the intro videos by renaming or removing the videofile. Now all you need is someone who knows which file is the intro video.

Mike_B
7th Nov 2002, 15:31
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Now all you need is someone who knows which file is the intro video.

c:\commandos2\data\wofip\DATAEI.pop is the eidos intro movie, c:\commandos2\data\wofip\.DTAARO.pop is that from Pyro,
c:\commandos2\data\wofip\DATAE00.pop is the other intro movie