PDA

View Full Version : I Did It I Did It>>woohoo

Apache
4th Nov 2002, 23:50
I know it may not seem like that big of a deal..But I made my first room complete with stairs in Unreal tonight..Using Thievery textures and the best part is..I can actually play it thru Thievery..WooHoo..Look at world..there's a new sheriff in town..no wait..well you get the idea..Gonna go and try to make a complete Thievery map..Apache style..
:D :D :D :D

Shadow Creepr
5th Nov 2002, 00:06
Congratulations!

LeatherMan
5th Nov 2002, 00:57
So how easy is UnrealEd (Thievery version anyway) to use/master in comparison to DromEd?

I'm definitely looking forward to playing that new map, Apache style! :)

RicknMel
5th Nov 2002, 02:16
Awesome!
I can't wait to see what YOU can do with Thievery! :)

Curiosity made me open up UnRealEd a month or two ago, and it looked awesome, but I think the learning curve from DromEd is pretty large. Seems like it would be MUCH easier once you get the hang of it though.

What do you think about it Apache?

Rommel_1891
5th Nov 2002, 03:16
nice one Apache! Now I have to get UT just to see your level! ;)

Apache
5th Nov 2002, 03:52
I think once I get to know the interface better things will start to progress. There are some things that are easier..IE..making stairs, no more room brushes..but man door are a pain in the arse. DromEd beats that hands down..I'll keep you updated as to my progress..
Also..which would you like to see more?
ThiefMatch / Co-Op
or
Thief vs Guard

TRoosevelt_26
5th Nov 2002, 18:49
Originally posted by Apache
Also..which would you like to see more?
ThiefMatch / Co-Op
or
Thief vs Guard

TvG

Gumdrop
5th Nov 2002, 22:37
Way to go Apache. Now open up UT3's Maya toolz, take a quick look around, and tell me who the daddy is! :p :D

Vesper
6th Nov 2002, 02:49
Way to go Apache :D
Can't wait to play your map.

Well I think if you make it TvG it will be able to be played as Co-op or Thiefmatch. But maybe it was more the concept you were thinking of??

I vote for TvG.

Vesper who is wondering if traps or obstacles can be put into a map ala Apache style ! or is it too hard to implement those.....

Apache
6th Nov 2002, 03:30
Originally posted by Vesper

Vesper who is wondering if traps or obstacles can be put into a map ala Apache style ! or is it too hard to implement those.....

*insert evil laugh here*:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Huntress
7th Nov 2002, 05:52
That's really great Apache...your so clever ;) It will be interesting to see the end result of this adventure that your creating...so continued good luck and have fun! Ta and Good Hunting!

Zaccheus
7th Nov 2002, 13:09
Wow - how cool is that! Very cool !!!

I had no idea that we could make our own ThieveryUT maps!

So ... where did you get the textures from, and is there a package that lets us use all the other custom thievery stuff?

I bought UT not too long ago, so I will certainly have a go.
Perhaps this will help us FM authors get ready for Thief3, too.

:)

newk007
9th Nov 2002, 11:31
Apache, I gotta hand it to ya. I can't understand that Unreal Editor at all. I tried it out soon after I bought the game, and having no previous experience in that area, I got bored with it and never opened the program again. I made some stairs, and that's about as far as I got! *sigh*, maybe I'm just slow... lol!:rolleyes:

Can't wait to try the new mission!:D