PDA

View Full Version : My Mother's Surgery

Squid
4th Nov 2002, 20:37
My mother has gone into the hospital today for surgery on her colon. The doctors are saying that there's a tumor in there that has been causing a blockage in her colon. They are not sure whether it is cancerous or not. It's going to be about a six week recovery period. She's been sick for awhile, and hopefully this surgery will take care of the problem. Just thought that everyone should know.

Squid & LochNessa

SlyFoxx
5th Nov 2002, 00:02
Our prayers go with her and you.

Shadow Creepr
5th Nov 2002, 00:07
Here's to a speedy recovery. I will hope for the best.

bravus
5th Nov 2002, 01:06
Hope all is well with her, and that she recovers quickly and feels better than she did before the surgery!

Bravus

Squid
5th Nov 2002, 05:13
Well, she's out of surgery. The doctor thinks that it wasn't cancerous, but she is recommending a light regiem of chemo just in case. Everything went well, there were no complications. :) Hopefully she'll be back home soon.

Squid & LochNessa

RiCh
5th Nov 2002, 11:21
Ah Squid, I’m sorry to hear about your mothers condition :( Hopefully the doctors are right and she’ll soon be back on the road to recovery. I wish her well

clayman
5th Nov 2002, 11:48
Pass along mine and the forum's positive thoughts and well wishes.......:)

littlek
5th Nov 2002, 16:30
I went through that with my mother about 3 years ago but hers was cancerous. She's still causing trouble. She working the voting booths today in Florida so I hope she doesn't goof up.

Bat-mite
5th Nov 2002, 17:09
Can't they biopsy what they removed before starting chemo?

Chiefdreams
6th Nov 2002, 17:22
My mother went through the same thing 2 years ago.
She's fortunate to have caring people in her life like you.
I hope all is well.

BrokenArts
6th Nov 2002, 17:38
I too send my well wishes to your mom Squid. :) Take care of her, and yourself too.

Nightwalker
7th Nov 2002, 06:43
I'm a little late, as I was away on vacation, but please accept my wishes for your mother to have a speedy recovery from her surgery, Squid.

Huntress
8th Nov 2002, 01:47
I'm happy for you all that the surgery went well and she seems to be on the good road to recovery Squid :) Yes, it does seem a little strange that a biopsy wouldn't be in order to determine if she really needs the chemo? However, perhaps an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure??? ;) Continued well wishes for all and take care :) Ta and Good Hunting!