PDA

View Full Version : Username - Questions, Help and Discussions

Grimoire
4th Jun 2012, 10:42
What made you choose your current display name/nickname?

Is there a hidden meaning behind it, or do you simply just like it?
Feel free to share your thoughts here in this thread.

Mine:
Grimoire as in Grimoire Valentine.
grimoirevalentine.webs.com/ (http://grimoirevalentine.webs.com/)

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 10:51
A name I made up when I started playing EverQuest, which I carried over to EverQuest Online Adventures, Final Fantasy XI and is my online persona pretty much everywhere I go now.

Not to mention the name of all nameless silent protagonists, starting with every main character in Dragon Quest.

YoshiKatYoko
4th Jun 2012, 11:09
I always use the word Yoko in my usernames in all my joined sites. Specifically, you know this already. It's one of the PS2 games ;)

member_10100340
4th Jun 2012, 11:13
I draw a lot, so a friend of mine started calling me Scribbles. Later he shortened it to Scribbs. I liked it so I wanted to start using it as my online name. I was like 15 at the time, so I thought switching it up with the K and Z would make it Super Cool. When I got older and wanted to change it, most of my online and gaming friends already knew me by it, so I just decided to stick with it.

Gaialei_Strife
4th Jun 2012, 11:23
Well, Gaialei is a character in a book I've been writing, and Strife for obvious reasons.. :)

member_10689654
4th Jun 2012, 11:24
My name on here is Katerpie, like the pokemon Caterpie, but with a K because my name's Kat.

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 12:55
My screen name, Orichalcum+, is one that I've used on a Kingdom Hearts fan forum for years. When I saw that we were able to change screen names after the site renewal, I jumped at the chance to bring it here as a thematically appropriate name, though I kinda miss my old one a little.

I usually shorten it to Oricon, and friends that know me by this screen just call me Ori.

member_10085059
4th Jun 2012, 14:13
My name is the same name that I used to sign up for AOL about 15 years ago. Damn that makes me feel old. I was super into wrestling and the group DX, at the time, so there you go. I've just never been bothered to think up a new name. haha

member_10819317
4th Jun 2012, 14:17
In 5th grade I came up with the beginning of an idea for a game called The Bunny of Billabo. Since then, I have always used Billabo as my user name.

gekka_reijin
4th Jun 2012, 14:58
It's a song title from one of my favorite bands. Means something along the lines of "moonlit beauty", aha.

Axel
4th Jun 2012, 15:15
I chose Axel as my profile name because he is my favorite Organization member that can get my emotions rumbling. Rumbling might not be the word but He can push the limits on the game and can make a huge impact on the game.

Zench-XIII
4th Jun 2012, 21:43
I found the name while reading Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. I liked the name, so I decided to use it here.

member_10163369
8th Jun 2012, 21:38
Primera came from a character in the Bleach manga, Coyote Starrk & he had the title Primera Espada. I think he was cool.

The 7777 came from the status "All Lucky 7s" in Final Fantasy VII, in remembrance of the first FF game I ever played.

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 10:27
Is there anyway to do this currently? If not there should be one... Forums I have been on in the past have simply had threads where you post your current name and the desired one, and a Mod changes it for you later. IMO this site should have something for that. The name Cloud has become a little overused and no longer fits me...

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 12:49
Go to your Profile Settings and change your display name from there, third field from the top.

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 16:49
ty, appreciate it

EDIT: didn't think to look there since usually these websites don't want us changing our names often...

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 18:53
I see what you mean, you usually have to go through mods and whatnot to get it changed.

(On a side note, you're a KHUer, aren't you?)

member_10074094
9th Jun 2012, 21:37
I see what you mean, you usually have to go through mods and whatnot to get it changed.

(On a side note, you're a KHUer, aren't you?)

Yes, I am! Just sent you a message before I came here and read this... lol. Thought I recognized your name.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 23:39
Summoner came from of course the Final Fantasy series cause I always just loved those jobs/classes and made them the best. It's my favorite job. I wish I was a summoner. I miss the summons from FFX (last true summon system). XII was ok, would've been better if they stuck with the original summons, and not named the airships after them. And XIII ruined it cause it turned them into transformers. >>

YukiTsubaki
10th Jun 2012, 20:44
Yuki as my birthday is the first day of winter.

Tsubaki after the big sister weapon of BLACK STAR from Soul Eater.

souporman
29th Jun 2012, 23:46
Been using mine on the internet for many years now.

member_10628951
30th Jun 2012, 00:25
Oh god its a long story....

I was trying to find a name back when I was playing Metal Gear Online. My Favorite characters were Psycho Mantis and Cyborg Ninja. Naturally, both names were taken so I tried to merge them into PsychoNinja. To my great surprise that name was taken too. It actually took me a good half an hour to think that name up. I got a little upset.

Then I got to thinking, "What if I spelled PsychoNinja in a way that people would say 'PsychoNinja' without knowing it was misspelled until it was too late and people were already calling me Psycho or Ninja or PsychoNinja."

So I configured the name to "look & sound" like PsychoNinja with out spelling it right. I decided to ask my nephew who was 8 at the time to spell Psycho. He spelled it P-S-Y-C-O. Then it hit me. A quick glance at the word Psycho I didn't realize the H in the word until a few seconds after looking at the word. I also thought "when people play games they glace at the name and don't really LOOK AT the name until we are back in the lobby". So I moved the H from after the C to after the S.

Happy to say no one had the name PshycoNinja in MGO. After that I used it for everything! PSN, Steam, XBL, N4G, IGN, GameSpot, KHInsider etc.

I use the name whenever I am on a game site or gaming online. I am glad to say it is MY gaming tag across all my gaming lifestyle. No one has ever had the name PshycoNinja that isn't me. I am very proud for finding a name that starts a lot of conversation and laughs in game while also being unique. I cannot tell you how many friends are on all my friends lists now because of my screen name. I always stressed I never wanted numbers in my name and its cool to have one that doesn't have any /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif.

I hope you enjoyed the story of how I got my name.

member_10829610
30th Jun 2012, 12:11
I have a blatant reason for my display name. "Chas" is a made-up name of who I wanted the protagonist of FFXV to be named (if the protagonist is male), and the "XV" represents FFXV.

new_tradition
30th Jun 2012, 21:52
"new_tradition" is what my real name means from my ethnic background. I personally really enjoy that symbolism in my real life, and I figure it would be nice to be reminded about it on a forum I hope to frequent.

I think the only thing I wish was that I had named myself "New Tradition" with proper capitals an such, but what's done is done, lol.

Lightning_Stryker
30th Jun 2012, 22:15
Haha well mine pretty much states itself. I thought Lightning was an awesome character and I really loved her personality and fighting skills, so I decided to name myself after her because she is my favorite female protagonist out of all of the games that I played so far.

member_10770952
30th Jun 2012, 22:30

anyway my name is super strife because cloud is powerful and he's a hero. he's been through rough patches. but he's always manage to make it through with the help of his friends. and his heart. he's always there to help his friends when needed and also protect them. he's a really cool guy ^_^

so.... i try to do the same...

Castiel
30th Jun 2012, 22:51
A name I heard on a TV show once. I liked the way it sounded and nobody else had it so I kinda made it my own.

member_10073914
2nd Jul 2012, 05:26
"Heaven made men for a reason.

Men respect men for their own sake."

- Guilty Gear 2 Overture

member_10740464
3rd Jul 2012, 15:50
My tag name "Sam S. Enix" has different meanings and reasons ^_^

Sam = Stand for: My true name, Sun and Moon, Secret and Mystic, Square Enix's Anime and Manga (I'm all about those things).

S. = Stand for: Sony, Square Soft and most of the Japanese cities are with letter S (Sapporo-Saitama-Sendai-Sakai-Sagamihara-Shizuoka).

S. Enix = Stand for: Square Enix and if you count the letters, they're are 5 (My favorite lucky number).

Enix = Stand for: Enix, it headquarters was only in Japan since 1975 (My beloved country).

Ksquall
3rd Jul 2012, 23:32
To be honest I was sort of lazy with this username. It's the same username that I use for the bulk of the forums that I post on. Simply a hybrid of my name and Squall from Final Fantasy VIII.

ShelkeNeko
4th Jul 2012, 17:00
well for one Shelke is my favorite person from Dirge of Cerberus final fantasy VII. as for Neko nickname from my friend whenever im drawing it always Neko or anime character. n-n

amberfire365
9th Jul 2012, 20:40
I actually got Amberfire from a book series and I really liked the name so I used it, and I just got the 430 out of a hat because it flowed together and thats how my username was born ^_^

member_10822883
9th Jul 2012, 22:04
Pun on Cuttlefish.

Blaven
10th Jul 2012, 18:48
A name I came up with long ago, it was a variant of a name from the name randomizer on the game "AD&D: Slayer" for the 3DO. I've kept with it ever since.

LennethLionK3
24th Jul 2012, 05:22
I'm not trying to change my profile name, just update the rest of the "edit profile" section. Yet I keep getting this (Sorry but the display name you chose is reserved. Please try another.) response. This is already my existing profile name and I don't want to change it, what should I do?

Update: Nevermind, I just made a change to my name and it worked fine.

Popcicle
24th Jul 2012, 12:13
What fields are you trying to update?

Syn
25th Jul 2012, 02:27
Mine is a name I associate with personaly(as in a reflection of the real me), Syn is used as a prefix occurring in loanwords from Greek, having the same function as co-( synthesis; synoptic ); and is used, with the meaning“with,” “together,” in the formation of compound words (synsepalous ) or “synthetic”. Basically its sort of a term that is used to mean that more than one thing co-exists with the other in perfect harmony,(darkness and light e.t.c), and am bi-racial so I found myself drawn to it. I also like the fact that it can be pronounced as "Sin", I can be really contraversial and so its just one more reason I chose that as my online title.

xIllusionist
26th Jul 2012, 20:31
I used to watch all these illusionists on TV when I was a kid, and I thought they were pretty cool (even the do-at-home illusions worked! it was amazing :o). And the name sounded cool when I said it out loud xD

Grimoire
31st Jan 2013, 13:08
Not a single interesting new name in seven months, eh? ^_-

ThatDudeJohn
31st Jan 2013, 14:26
Fine, I'll cave. xD

I've had a few internet names, but after a while I just preferred to include my name in my online titles since it's generic enough to use.

That and when people ask who I am, I like responding with "I'm that dude." /puts on sunglasses

10Club
20th Oct 2013, 10:18
Hello. Every time I log on I get that message. It is always asking me to add a nickname. I always have to change it because if I add my current nick name it says that it's in use. it's really frustrating and would appreciate if it was looked into thanks!

Razolyte
12th Dec 2013, 23:44
You should be able to change your account ID. I've made the mistake that I thought it would be my in-game name.

Balthierone
6th Mar 2014, 08:45
Hi
I've just registered with the nikname you see. curiously the email confirming my registration added a "1" to my nikname
now I can only login using "Balthierone1" instead of Balthierone, as I registered myself.
How can I fix it? I want to use the nikname without numbers to make it easier.

cayus77
4th May 2014, 12:05
good day .... I state that I do not know English so I apologize in advance for having the wrong place to put my message (I'm using google translator) I have a problem that is making me nervous .... I can not play because I can not enter .... puts me in the nick automatic put the pass .... but it keeps telling me that is not right .... I do not know qunte times I've redone but nothing .... I switched from ps3 to ps4 and since then I do not know what to do get help help help ..... how do I create a new one, and finally to play?

Grimoire
4th May 2014, 21:15
Our customer support (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?la=2&id=612) is currently experiencing some issues, but try contacting them nonetheless.