PDA

View Full Version : Hiding under the bed. Stage 1

GOOSE
3rd Nov 2002, 16:33
Hi

I can't get the thief to hide under the bed. It is really upsetting because I'm sure it is really easy :)

Xcom
3rd Nov 2002, 18:22
Just shift+click under the bed. Yeah, may take several tries.

4Eyes
4th Nov 2002, 08:06
I had some problems with that part, too. Try rotating the view around with ALT + direction buttons so you have a clear view of the bed. Then hold the cursor over the lower part and Shift+click (like Xcom said). The icon should now change to indicate you can crawl under it.

Good luck!

1shot1kill
4th Nov 2002, 15:16
Also make sure you got the right building, you got to hide in the one with the 2 soldiers in it, not the one with about 10 soldiers in it.

rickter
4th Nov 2002, 16:09
And make sure you're playing the right game. Real commandos don't hide under beds!!

:D

4Eyes
5th Nov 2002, 07:37
Agreed, but the thief isn't exactly what you call a real commando...more like a supporting character, just as Natasha.

Thorup
5th Nov 2002, 08:40
Yeah Lupin sucks. he is noreal ommando. dosn't ecen have a gun

GOOSE
5th Nov 2002, 12:39
Thanx for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

We only get games here long after it is released internatinally.

Goose.

rickter
5th Nov 2002, 20:37
Hey Goose, I know english is spoken where you are (BTW, is it spelled souyh africa down there or is that just a typo? :D) but do you know if any games are translated into any African languagues? Also, I presume you bought the english version of the game so why does it take so long to get to South Africa? It's not like you guys aren't a modern nation and you're not any more remote than say, Australia! Just curious my friend...

Thorup
5th Nov 2002, 21:23
He might not talk english. maybe he speaks africaans

And it also takes time before the games come to Norway, about one or two months later than england.

rickter
5th Nov 2002, 22:21
Hmmm, so you're saying just because he can write english doesn't mean he speaks it? I'm in the US so I wouldn't know but is it common that people read and write english but don't speak it? Too much snow in Norway slows down the delivery, weather's nice in S. Africa!

Thorup
6th Nov 2002, 11:03
Originally posted by rickter
Hmmm, so you're saying just because he can write english doesn't mean he speaks it? I'm in the US so I wouldn't know but is it common that people read and write english but don't speak it?

I meant as a mother tongue
:rolleyes:

Too much snow in Norway slows down the delivery

:confused:

There is not snow in Norway in the summer when commandos 2 came out. where I live there is only two or three weeks with snow every year.

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Nov 2002, 16:04
if i'm not mistaken Africaan is a mix of Dutch , Danish and English (and perhaprs a native toung as wel from a native tribe). And Then there is the Boayar (!?! think it's spelled like that) wich is a more native language.

Since my friend was dating a girl from south africa i got some insight of their culture and language :D I really like the south african accent, it sounds really nice :D

rickter
6th Nov 2002, 19:00
Africaan is mainly "Dutch-like". Anyways, you only say the accent is nice cuz your friend's girlfriend was a fox. If she would have been butt ugly you would say the accent is stupid! :D :D

This is getting off-topic and I'm sure someone will yell at us soon...

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Nov 2002, 23:11
Anyways, you only say the accent is nice cuz your friend's girlfriend was a fox. If she would have been butt ugly you would say the accent is stupid! :D :D

HAHAH............good point, and you're right, she is a fox. mmm yeah, she could shake that booty like noone else :D

muahaha......revange of the Buns :D

rickter
7th Nov 2002, 00:27
:D

Thorup
7th Nov 2002, 08:06
I think that africaans is a mix between english and dutch not danish

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
7th Nov 2002, 08:29
Originally posted by Thorup
I think that africaans is a mix between english and dutch not danish

well you think wrong, i checked that out later that same day,

It IS a mix of those 4 languages (Dutch, Danish , English and a native tribe tounge) :D

Thorup
7th Nov 2002, 11:06
hm..I understand danishand english and I don't understand anything of africaans wen I see a text.

4Eyes
7th Nov 2002, 12:30
Could that be because you don't understand Dutch? It is the most important language of them all... ;)

(shameless home country-promotion)

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
7th Nov 2002, 12:39
Originally posted by 4Eyes
Could that be because you don't understand Dutch? It is the most important language of them all... ;)

(shameless home country-promotion)

indeed it it......it's the one language that is most influencial there.

a whole bunch of dutch companies own the daimond mines in south africa. Actually those companies are controlling the daimond prices in the rest of the world, it's really funny, daimonds are close to worthless but because these companies only release so many daimonds a year they made them actually worth something :D

that's what i call monopoly and a good sense of business :D

4Eyes
7th Nov 2002, 15:39
That's Dutch business know-how for you!!! :D