PDA

View Full Version : Winter is Coming !!!

JunoJIm
2nd Nov 2002, 05:10
I HAD to go "Up North" to S Carolina - woke up this morning to 35 DegF !!!

Boo - you live here- who's responsible for this ???

**angelic**
2nd Nov 2002, 10:32
I'm not Boo...I don't know why it's cold lol.

But I knew it was winter when I woke up this morning and looked out of the window, there was frost on the ground. It was really pretty actually.

infinite_sadness
2nd Nov 2002, 12:48
winter rocks.
I love snow. :)

Jade
2nd Nov 2002, 13:20
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
winter rocks.
I love snow. :) i'll have to agree on that!

TheBoo
2nd Nov 2002, 13:23
Originally posted by JunoJIm
I HAD to go "Up North" to S Carolina - woke up this morning to 35 DegF !!!

Boo - you live here- who's responsible for this ???

JJ, lol, you Florida people are so thin- blooded!:D I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning. It'll warm up to about 60 today........good day to chop some wood for the fireplace! C'mon up to Anderson, I'll give you an axe!:D :D

TombRaiderChik
2nd Nov 2002, 15:01
i absolutely hate the cold but i looveee snow!!!

ahhh i cannot wait to wake up in the morning w/ the streets and yards and trees full of snow thats been untouched and theres no school for the week. ::sigh:: winter is great :)

Jorge22
2nd Nov 2002, 19:32
I wish it were summer all year long... :(

Well, maybe just one winter week plus two weeks springtime plus two other weeks of autumn...

Jade
2nd Nov 2002, 20:46
autumn is nice too, it's pretty! - ever went to a forest in autumn???
http://www.forwolves.org/ralph/wpages/graphics/tincup-autumn.jpg
now, you'll have to admit, it looks pretty!

Aquarius
3rd Nov 2002, 01:06
Originally posted by TheBoo

JJ, lol, you Florida people are so thin- blooded!:D I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning. It'll warm up to about 60 today........good day to chop some wood for the fireplace! C'mon up to Anderson, I'll give you an axe!:D :D

All of you in the South are so thin-blooded! lol You'd probably freeze if you came up to Michigan. We had our first snowfall yesterday, and quite a bit too. It wasn't cold enough to stick, but you should have seen it! If you take about a 3 hour drive up to Traverse City, you'll find that they already have something like 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Woohoo! Go snow! :D Living in Michigan, you'd have to love it! We have some really amazing winters up here. It's absolutely gorgeous to see everything blanketed in snow. The best though, is when the tree branches and trunk are completely covered. It's truly a 'Winter Wonderland' here. I can't wait now! I wanna break out the Christmas music now! :p But I have to wait until the day before Thanksgiving to do so. Or at least until the first snowfall that will stay on the ground. :p

TheBoo
3rd Nov 2002, 02:44
Lol, I think I'll stay in the sunny South. I went to St. Cloud MN a few years ago in May and was told the last of the winter ice was just then breaking up on the river there! BRRRRRR!!:)

Aquarius
3rd Nov 2002, 02:48
Oh, Minnesota, wouldn't blame you. :p lol I think I've heard that it starts to snow there in the end of September or beginning of October. That's too soon for me! lol :p

JunoJIm
3rd Nov 2002, 05:20
Anderson !!! I cruised by there (and back) on my way to Hiawassee the other day - it was 32 DegF yesterday morn in Moody Hollow...

Jade - Took some Beautiful pics (analog) of the fall colours - better than Vermont a few weeks ago !!! I'll post em when I get back...

See other post on Rescue, for the latest on the Road Kill Grill, between Greenwood & Pickett.

TheBoo
3rd Nov 2002, 05:25
JJ, believe it or not, there really was a place here called the Road Kill Cafe. (I swear!!) It didn't last long..................wonder why?

:D :D

JunoJIm
3rd Nov 2002, 05:30
Hey Boo - what're you doing up ???

They must've moved it. cause I just cruised by today - owned by the widow of a guy called "scatter"...

Jade
3rd Nov 2002, 08:26
Originally posted by Aquarius

All of you in the South are so thin-blooded! lol You'd probably freeze if you came up to Michigan. We had our first snowfall yesterday, and quite a bit too. It wasn't cold enough to stick, but you should have seen it! If you take about a 3 hour drive up to Traverse City, you'll find that they already have something like 5 inches of snow on the ground. you have snow allready??? how cool!!! i love snow! i wish it'd snow on malta, but i guess not.. now, in november it's still around 20+ degrees (C).

Aquarius
3rd Nov 2002, 17:37
Sorry, but for us "Metrically-challenged" people in the forum, lol what's 20 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit? :p

Polar_Andromeda
3rd Nov 2002, 17:49
That's about 68 F. You should download the converter from www.gemtree.com.

Ahhh, winter is my favorite season. I love to feel the cold breeze against my face when I go out. And I especially love to wrap myself up in warm blankets in a chilly room every time I go to sleep.:D

Prelude
5th Nov 2002, 15:11
Ha ha, you think it's cold??? you wanna try living in England. If the sun comes out here, people run screaming in to their houses, 'we're all gonna die!!!' thinking the earth has fallen out of orbit or something. I hate winter it sucks, and anyone who likes it is sick!!!! (of course that's just my opinion :p )

Henry
5th Nov 2002, 18:23
I love winter!ohh, when snow rained down in my home I was ill and when I get ok,then all snow liquefid.it was so bad, you can see there is snow outside and you cant get out!

JunoJIm
6th Nov 2002, 04:48
I'm back in Juno Beach now - there's a Tropical Almond tree in my yard that turns colors and drops all it's leaves when the temp gets below 50 DegF or so - we DO have a Fall here !!! I'll post some pics when it happens...

rocconorth
6th Nov 2002, 07:03
I love winter in SoCal. I only have to use the air conditioner during the day.:D

JunoJIm
8th Nov 2002, 05:25
Rock on rocconorth - we have a cold snap blowing thru tonite, it's already down to 62 - may have to turn on the heat - LOL

Boo - how's it in Anderson ??? I'll post a pic of that road kill grill, see if you recognise it...

MountainDewNut
8th Nov 2002, 05:54
we have a cold snap blowing thru tonite, it's already down to 62

We had just the opposite.... we acually got up to 60.

Aquarius
9th Nov 2002, 01:39
It actually became warmer here today too. It is currently 58 degrees here in Flushing, and it's 4 degrees warmer in Flint, which is like 10 minutes from here. lol Go figure. :p

It's supposed to get colder again during the week. Come on snow!! :)

JunoJIm
11th Nov 2002, 04:38
Wow !!! I thought it'd be a lot colder in Mich by now...

I wonder, maybe we should take a poll to see who's the coldest and hottest Raiders...

I remember Goran chided me on the old Forum for talking about the weather, but we didn't have a community chat then...

rocconorth
12th Nov 2002, 09:43
Originally posted by rocconorth
I love winter in SoCal. I only have to use the air conditioner during the day.:D

I think I spoke too soon when I wrote this because a couple of days later it started pissing down rain!!! (Can I say that?) The funny thing is when it rains in SoCal everybody here starts freaking out and driving their cars off the road. Also, the weather people on TV start talking about "Storm Watch" and all this nonsence when it's really just a day or two of rain! It really is LA...LA land here sometimes.

rocconorth
12th Nov 2002, 09:47
Whoosh!!! "Storm Watch" is over. I'm glad because I was just getting ready to resign myself to a life of living in the cellar (that is if I had one) Anyway, it's sunny and warm again. How did we all survive here??!!!:p

Prelude
12th Nov 2002, 16:15
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/natur/natur12.gif*Prelude breaths huge sigh of relief*http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/natur/natur011.gif

Thanks for the update Rocco, at least I know my Winter retreat is safe for my arrival. Packing shorts! (and green top :D )

JunoJIm
13th Nov 2002, 04:31
Prelude - you going to CA for the winter ??? Good way to avoid that harsh English weather...

Prelude
13th Nov 2002, 04:55
Sure am, and that's my plan, the weather in England sucks all the time but in Winter it really sucks!!!

rocconorth
13th Nov 2002, 06:32
Originally posted by Prelude
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/natur/natur12.gif*Prelude breaths huge sigh of relief*http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/natur/natur011.gif

Thanks for the update Rocco, at least I know my Winter retreat is safe for my arrival. Packing shorts! (and green top :D )

We interrupt "Storm Watch" coverage to bring you this special report.....

The mysterious "Prelude" (aka "The Tiger Lady) who is known for a remarkable fondness for creamcakes and beer, will be appearing in the SoCal area very soon. She has yet to be photographed, but many in the L.A. area feel this may be their only chance to catch a glimpse and possibly even snap a picture of this mysterious woman. Although the exact location of where she will be appearing is a tightly guarded secret many still hope they will be lucky enough to run into her. Not since the opening of Star Wars Episdode 1 have we seen this kind of hysteria and excitement in these parts. People have already began to camp out at Universal Studios, In and Out Burger's, Various Pastry Shops, local bars, and Mac's Place just on the off chance she shows up. Although here actual appearnance is unknown to almost all... one fan was sure he'd be able to spot her. "When I see a girl draped in frosting wearing a bikini made of cupcakes with an I.V. attached to her feeding her beer intravenously... I'll know I've finally found her." Well...good luck to him (and all the others), but unfortunately he is camping out at Venice Beach so he may be surprised at how many people fit this description.
Reporting for the California News....McAuthor Mcoy. Now back to "Storm Watch".:D

Prelude
13th Nov 2002, 14:16
So they have heard of my arrival already, damn press! Oh well out with the dark glasses :cool: thanks once again for the info Rocco :D

Staticon
13th Nov 2002, 19:03
I hate winter it sucks, and anyone who likes it is sick!!!! (of course that's just my opinion :p )
Strange - that is the exact opposite of what I think. :D :D

JunoJIm
14th Nov 2002, 04:22
I don't even like winter in Florida !!! It's down to 67 DegF outside, and I'm getting ready to turn on the heat !!!

"When I see a girl draped in frosting wearing a bikini made of cupcakes with an I.V. attached to her feeding her beer intravenously... I'll know I've finally found her."

- my kind of woman !!!

rocconorth
14th Nov 2002, 06:39
I don't even like winter in Florida !!! It's down to 67 DegF outside, and I'm getting ready to turn on the heat !!!

"When I see a girl draped in frosting wearing a bikini made of cupcakes with an I.V. attached to her feeding her beer intravenously... I'll know I've finally found her."

- my kind of woman !!!

You're right come to think about it... and who knows? Maybe this style will catch on. (Well it doesn't hurt to dream!;) )

Prelude
14th Nov 2002, 15:53
I hope it dose catch on, then at least I won't stand out so much ;)

JunoJIm
15th Nov 2002, 04:13
Cmon - you like to stand out... don'tcha ???

Prelude
15th Nov 2002, 05:32
Cmon - you like to stand out... don'tcha ???

I like to pass out! from over excessively drinking copious amounts of alcohol. There’s nothing like that feeling of coming round and not knowing where the h*ll you are!!! :D

JunoJIm
16th Nov 2002, 05:45
...woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand... Frampton

I like to light the Absolut bottle, when it's finished - makes a pretty blue flame... made the mistake of holding my hand up too far on the bottle once, as the flame was shooting out - but I didn't feel a thing... curious burn mark on the length of my index finger...:D

rocconorth
21st Nov 2002, 23:12
I hope it dose catch on, then at least I won't stand out so much ;)

We all need an update Prelude. How's the SoCal blending in going? Have you had any close calls with the press or adoring fans? Is there any truth to the rumor that there's somebody on ebay selling a picture of you...and the price is skyrocketing? Anyway, I just hope you don't forget the little people here on the forum now that your in La..La land and among the other stars.:p

Prelude
22nd Nov 2002, 00:01
Sorry for the delay, I have just regained consciousness. Yes I am in La La land and IT”S HOT!!!!!!! It’s great and I am having the time of my life, thank you. As for the press well so far I have managed to escape them, but I don’t think it will be long before they find me face down on the side walk singing a song about goblins!!!

As for forgetting my friends on the forum, I could never forget you guys, especially you Rocco ;)

JunoJIm
22nd Nov 2002, 04:32
Sooo, to continue the subject, Prelude, how do you compare the weather in LA to England ???

What the heck are you doin anyway ???

Prelude
22nd Nov 2002, 21:46
There is no comparison !!!

Here it’s hot, sunny and glorious :)

In England, it’s cold, wet and miserable :(

JunoJIm
22nd Nov 2002, 22:44
I see, and so your sig - I get it, so why, er, what are you doing going back & forth ??? Or did you just go forth, and are not going back - LOL :D