PDA

View Full Version : Keybind Question(s)

Stile451
1st Nov 2002, 02:33
I've searched but haven't found anything on keybinds, so I have a few questions:

[list=1]
What is the keybind code for Page Down(what would I enter into keyboard.cfg to choose Page Down as a key)?

I always bind my strafe keys to Delete and Page Down, with forward and reverse on the Up and Down arrows. I am unable to do this from the in game bind screen(Page Down.

Also, is there any way to bind Turn Left/Turn Right to the left/right arrows as well as having mouse look?

The mouse sensitivity is at it's max and it doesn't allow me to turn as far as I would prefer. I would normally use the arrow keys for turning and use the mouse for fine tuning.

In keyboard.cfg, what does "activation" mean, and what nifty things can I do with it?
[/list=1]

Thanks.

Zaphod
1st Nov 2002, 02:46
Question, cause I'm an idiot:

Why use Keybind.cfg? Why not just use the game's keybind interface in the Options menu?

Turn left/right? No. You can't. Pity, too, cause that can come in handy once or twice in most games.

Try using your Mouse properties in Windows Control Panel to up your sensitivity there as well as within Hitman.

Stile451
1st Nov 2002, 03:22
I'm using keybind.cfg(only for that specific key) because I am unable to bind the Page Down key in the games' bind screen, I can push the button, but it's left blank.

I always poke around in ini and cfg files anyway.

I could change the mouse sensitivity in Windows, but that would affect all of my other games as well, some of which do not have in game sensitivity options. I don't think the other people who use this computer would be too happy about it either.

I'm rather disappointed that turn left/right keys can not be bound, I was hoping that the feature would be added in the second installment of the series.

Zaphod
1st Nov 2002, 03:29
Well... heck.

Yes, it would affect all of your other games. BUT, you could always change it back in Control Panel when you're done with that session of Hitman. An annoying workaround, I realize. But... I'm just trying to come up with options.

I have found as well that the space is left "blank" when you bind certain keys. For instance, I have something (I honestly forget what) bound to Keypad Minus. And it's always blank in the Keyboard Config screen. But it works in-game. Have you tried playing the game with PgDn after you bind it, regardless of whether it shows up or not?

And, by the way, what kind of wacky nutty claw-shaped hands are you playing with? Are you referring to the REAL PgUp and PgDn, or the Keypad PgUp (Keypad # 9) and PgDn (Keypad #3)? :)

Stile451
1st Nov 2002, 03:42
The real PgUp and PgDn, and the real arrow keys, how else could I use \ for reload, real End for use, and keypad 4 for crouch. I'll check to see if it's bound but just blank.

edit: yep, it is bound correctly, but not showing up on the binds screen.

I took a closer look at the tool shed, can't wait 'til I get the crossbow.

Thanks for the help.