PDA

View Full Version : DL new Thievery Aquatone patch, and Ladies night again

BrokenArts
30th Oct 2002, 19:27
Some of you have heard about the new Thievery patch for Aquatone. It was mentioned this past weekend to put it up on Leathermans server, possibly for tonight. I know most you haven't DL it yet. So, tonight won't work. But, do we all want to DL it and try it out, and play it over the coming weekend? I was curious to what you all would say about it. And this would give some warning so we can have time to DL the patch.

And LM, its the first Saturday coming up, ladies night again? ;)

Shadow Creepr
31st Oct 2002, 01:02
BrokenArts -

One question. I think I finally got all fixed with the UT software and patches. I was going to try to get online again. Is this another patch that I am going to need to play?

LeatherMan
31st Oct 2002, 01:19
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Some of you have heard about the new Thievery patch for Aquatone. It was mentioned this past weekend to put it up on Leathermans server, possibly for tonight. I know most you haven't DL it yet. So, tonight won't work. But, do we all want to DL it and try it out, and play it over the coming weekend? I was curious to what you all would say about it. And this would give some warning so we can have time to DL the patch.

And LM, its the first Saturday coming up, ladies night again? ;) Sorry BA, I haven't downloaded it myself yet. I have heard it is more Thief-friendly, so it sounds good to me. I can have it up by Friday night if majority agrees (let me know here or in the server).

As for Ladies Night, there was no definite schedule setup in the other thread, so let me know how you want to do it. I suggested 1st and 3rd Saturdays but went with last Saturday so you didn't have to wait so long.

Shadow Creepr, you do not have to DL the new Aquatone map yet. The server is up again tonight if you wish to join us.

Vesper
31st Oct 2002, 01:40
I'm all ready to play the New Beta Patched Aquatone map. I DL'd it sometime last week.
Salvage has the map of the map up on his site now:

Thievery Maps (http://www16.brinkster.com/salvage/thievery/thieverymaps.htm)

Here's a link for those who haven't heard of it yet.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59159&pagenumber=1

Vesper

Stile451
31st Oct 2002, 04:40
Was fun tonight, crashed on map change(I'm surprised it lasted that long, I was doing a hard disk surface test at the time, which was probably not such a good idea in the first place).

I'm for trying out the new Aquatone.

Since Vesper already posted the link I don't have a reason for adding my sig, but I'm doing it anyway, I forget what it looks like:rolleyes:

Shadow Creepr
31st Oct 2002, 06:06
I had an absolute blast playing tonight. Thanks for all of your help. I sucked so bad but I had a great time!:D

Make mental note: approach ladders from the front when going down into shafts!Ouch!

BrokenArts
31st Oct 2002, 18:17
I will DL the patch soon, before tomorrow anyway. I am looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for posting the link to it guys.

Shadow Creepr, you did great last night. You just started, don't worry about it, I know, easier said than done. We all have to start out. Some people take this game and run with it, some people pop in every now and then. Just depends on what you like.
I was the same way starting out, can I do this? I felt stupid and embarrased. I should be embarrassed after last nights Asylum run, aye LM? :p Ha. We have our good days and our bad days.
I kept at it. I loved the graphics, what was going on with everything.
Play guard on solo to learn the maps, play thief on Benny at first just to get your feet wet. But, learning the maps is important.
We are here to help, hope to see ya back soon. :)

Shadow Creepr
31st Oct 2002, 22:15
Thanks for the vote of confidence BA. It really is intimidating not knowing what to do but I am up for challenging myself again. I can't believe I was up until midnight playing! Woo Hoo!:cool:

Chiefdreams
31st Oct 2002, 22:19
Can you point me to Leatherman's site?

Stile451
31st Oct 2002, 23:25
LeatherMan doesn't have one as far as I know, but the link to the Aquatone patch is http://www.ucc.ie/oneworld/TH-AquatonePatch13.rar

You will probably need WinRar 3 (http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10111782&merid=61189&mfgid=61189&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3120-2250-10111782&ontId=2250&dlrs=1&destUrl=%2F3001-2250-10111782.html) to extract it.

Extract it to your UnrealTournament\Thievery\th-maps directory.

BrokenArts
1st Nov 2002, 00:12
Thanks for the information, and DL WinR and the patch now. May try it out tonight!

Oh Shadow Creepr, we have stayed up till 3 AM playing. :eek: Lawd no! I don't do that hardly at all. I am spent the next day after a night like that. ;)

Chiefdreams
1st Nov 2002, 04:10
You guys quit already? Or did you change the PW so us slow types cant play? :D

Stile451
1st Nov 2002, 04:21
I would like to quietly point out to you that today is Thursday. ;)

Chiefdreams
1st Nov 2002, 04:28
If you are talking to me I know that it's Thursday. If the server is not up on Thursday then now I know. I didn't make the meeting.

Thanks for the heads up.

Stile451
1st Nov 2002, 04:40
Indeed I was, LM has his server up on Wednesday and Friday through Sunday.

How'd you miss the meeting, the time and date was posted on the bulletin board behind the water cooler.

BrokenArts
1st Nov 2002, 14:00
Yeah, Chief! Where were ya? :p Those water cooler meetings are the best. :D

No, forgive my typo, I meant. I may try out the new map tonight on SOLO And that's exactly what I did.
It's good. More for Thieves this time.

Cept one complaint, that damn woman guard needs a shave!!:eek: LAWD NO! She be one ugly woman. She walks kinda bow legged as well. ;)

Thorin Oakenshield
2nd Nov 2002, 11:11
I just got the Aquatone patch, And extracted it to my maps folder.
Do I have to rename the file to overwrite the old one?:confused:

BTW I take it the password is still the same LM?

BrokenArts
2nd Nov 2002, 15:07
Password is still the same Thorin. And no you don't have to do anything to maps. When you open Thievery, it will show as a new level, you will still have the original Aquatone map, and AquatonePatch map. Check it out. Ya gonna play later? ;) :D

Shadow Creepr
2nd Nov 2002, 18:09
Are we "all play" tonight?

Come play if you can Thorin! You will already be up at 2:00 a.m. anyway, won't you?

BrokenArts
2nd Nov 2002, 18:14
*Quick* before LM beats me again. :p :D Yes all play tonight. Ladies night, next week Saturday. :)

Thorin Oakenshield
2nd Nov 2002, 18:39
If i'm still up at 2am :eek: I'll join ya:p

LeatherMan
2nd Nov 2002, 21:45
Well, since I usually start the server around 8pm EST (GMT -5) you should be able to join around 1am your time. I'll have it up sooner tonight (7-ish, maybe 6:30-ish) so you can get some games in and be in bed by 2am. ;)

PS, I will have the new Aquatone map up tonight as well.

BrokenArts
2nd Nov 2002, 22:18
LM.......LM.....you have GOT to quit reading my mind. ;) I was gonna ask to see if you wanted to start the server earlier. :D

Shadow Creepr
3rd Nov 2002, 06:10
Originally posted by Salvage
LeatherMan doesn't have one as far as I know, but the link to the Aquatone patch is http://www.ucc.ie/oneworld/TH-AquatonePatch13.rar
You will probably need WinRar 3 (http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10111782&merid=61189&mfgid=61189&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3120-2250-10111782&ontId=2250&dlrs=1&destUrl=%2F3001-2250-10111782.html) to extract it.
Extract it to your UnrealTournament\Thievery\th-maps directory.

Thanks for the exact info on what to do. It kicked me off the server for not having this patch. I am all better now.