PDA

View Full Version : Cant find the Don's Key

ajbrutico
30th Oct 2002, 19:07
Hi,
I went throught the first mission, and killed the don, but i cannot find a key on him. I found only a revolver...What gives??

Kraven

Zaphod
31st Oct 2002, 16:21
Hrm... this might be a dumb question, but... were you standing close enough to the body? In this game (as opposed to almost every other action game) all the Actions you can perform on a dead body will not come up unless you're right on top of him. For instance, if you strangle someone and he falls a few feet in front of you, you'll probably be able to "Drag," but you won't be able to "Pick Up 9mm" or "Change Clothes" unless you move closer to him.

Another dumb question: are you sure it's the Don that you killed? Do you get a Objective Status Changed note after killing him? Check your Mission Briefing. Is "Kill the Don" checked off now?

If that doesn't work for you... I dunno... I've never heard of this bug before. Anyone else?

Randy
3rd Nov 2002, 09:06
This happened to me several times as well (not finding key). The only solution to this problem was to start the level over again. However it did seem that the problem occured mainly when another body landed on top of the Don.

The Captain
3rd Nov 2002, 09:33
He's right. I've had the problem myself. Seems to be a bug that somehow manages to cause the key to get 'lost'. Whether it wasn't there to begin with, or gets 'clipped' just out of reach, who knows, but there have been instances I haven't been able to get the Don's key.