PDA

View Full Version : Audio Glitches - but with a slight twist...

homerpez
30th Oct 2002, 00:19
Okay, we all know about the 10-minute crash (which of course I experience too), and the runtime error (which is supposed to be fixed if EAX is disabled), but I've even got another one.

Graphics look VERY nice. Fluid motion. Music sounds MARVELOUS. Sound effects are SUPERB. I'll forget the 10-minute crash for just a second...

My problem is the VOICES. You know, when people are speaking. From the very first intro scene, and on into every cutscene, when someone speaks, it's all messed up.

The Intro won't come on at all, and all other clips start late, chop off early, stutter, repeat, skip, or just make noise.

Eidos says:

"Well, that's easy enough! Just add "EaxDisable" in hitman2.ini, and that will shut off EAX audio, solving your voice problem instantly!!!"

I say:

"B freaking S!!!!!"

I (supposedly) disable EAX audio, and I still get the same effect going: Graphics fine, Sound Effects fine, Music fine... VOICES, BAD!!!!

I have the latest drivers on everything.

How do I fix this little problem?!?! I'm contemplating finding and applying that "fixed" internet patch. I guess the worst that could happen to me is a re-install from CD... but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

I'm using:

AMD Athlon 1Ghz
512MB Ram
Geforce4 Ti 4200
Sound Blaster PCI 128 (supposed to work with EAX turned off)
Windows XP Pro (as Administrator, and nobody on my PC isn't one so it's not that)

Thanks everyone!