PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat by your star sign.

MAGGIE
29th Oct 2002, 20:42
Aries: pushes the others aside to get to the door first.

Taurus: will only eat the finest of Swiss chocolates.

Gemini: goes around the neighborhood once, changes costumes and goes around again.

Cancer: stays at home and gives candy to the other trick-or-treaters.

Leo: plans their costume for months, then won't go out because someone else had the same idea.

Virgo: wears a neatly-pressed suit and tells everyone they're a bookkeeper.

Libra: is still standing in front of the closet trying to decide on a costume.

Scorpio: isn't in it for the candy.

Sagittarius: will manage to wander to the next town.

Capricorn: makes a list of all the houses that give good candy and the optimal route to take.

Aquarius: builds their costume out of spare flashlights and spends all night tinkering when it shorts.

Pisces: skips the whole thing to compose poetry to the Moon.

Sir Henry Morgan
29th Oct 2002, 23:50
LOL Maggie :D

ICEBreaker
30th Oct 2002, 06:09
So Maggie, have you decided on a costume yet??

Runtime
30th Oct 2002, 17:44
Umm... Can’t wait to get my Swiss chocolate :D

mrdefender
30th Oct 2002, 22:14
Hmm... I don't spend months to figgure out which costume to use 'cause i dont go house to house :)

(im 19)

DKSM
30th Oct 2002, 22:28
I was gonna go, but now I'm just gonna give away cheap candy and keep the good stuff for me.

mrdefender
31st Oct 2002, 05:15
I hate candy :(

Well. I dont really "hate" candy (as in never have some), I just rarely take candy.

Let me put it this way, If I'm eating candy or sweets, its not me :)

My parents freaked the first time it happend. After I got out of hospital (admited 2 weeks. cancer. blah blah) I had a craving for chocolate cake (I rarely eat chocolate) and ate almost the entire cake myself. (had just started meds/steroids that gave side-effects common to pregnancy. Cravings, Water Retention, Nausea, etc..).

Hey! What would you do after eating hospital food for 2 weeks?? :D

Rook
2nd Nov 2002, 08:57
Originally posted by Maggie

Leo: plans their costume for months, then won't go out because someone else had the same idea.

Nah, that doesn't sound like me at all... :rolleyes: :o :D

Originally posted by mrdefender

Hey! What would you do after eating hospital food for 2 weeks?? :D

I had the best omelet I've ever had in my life when I was in the hospital (3 years ago). I haven't had another one that good since. Of course, if I have to go to the hospital for a decent omelet, I think I can do without... :)

MAGGIE
2nd Nov 2002, 16:55
Ice, I don't need a costume, I am quite scary enough as I am. Besides ..I stood in front of the mirror for so long, trying to decide what to wear It was already over!:rolleyes:

mrdefender
2nd Nov 2002, 19:45
LOL maggie :D

Rook, what hospital did u go to? It's american isnt it?

The USA and Canada have wierd policies.

In the USA, health care is expensive but the food is good.
In Canada, health care is free but the food is horrible.

:D

We know what the USA does with their monney :)

PS: I mean free as in you pay for it with your provincial taxes thus you don't get a bill at the end of your stay. But you still get a bill for Dental and Eye care (which provides a nasty war for those Insurance companies).

Also, Province = Canadian State. Same thing, diff name. (FYI)

Rook
2nd Nov 2002, 23:52
Originally posted by Maggie
Ice, I don't need a costume, I am quite scary enough as I am.

Aww, be nice to yourself. :)

Besides ..I stood in front of the mirror for so long, trying to decide what to wear It was already over!:rolleyes:

Sounds like me... :D

Originally posted by mrdefender

Rook, what hospital did u go to? It's american isnt it?

Yep. Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio (the city I'm stuck in--err, I mean I live in...). Best $7000 omelet I ever had... http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen002.gif

In fact, I was just back there a couple of weeks ago for something semi-unrelated. Another $1000, and I didn't even get an omelet this time! :mad: ;)

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 01:37
I hope for that price they thru in a glass of orange juice :)

U forgot to call room service, thats why u didnt get an omlet the 2nd time :D

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 02:01
Nope, it was coffee.
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung010.gif
In fact, I had coffee with every meal for 3 days or so... :D

I didn't stay overnight this last time, though. That's why I missed my beloved omelet. A big fluffy cheese omelet, it was. *sigh* **drool** http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere058.gif

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 03:04
oh. thats why. u need to be admited for a day (here anyways) to get a meals.

Although, I've been admited at a children's hospital until I was 19. (not one full load.. not admited at the hospital for 19 years..) then I got shiped to the Genereal hospital (right next door to the children's hospital) for adults.

Legally you can only stay at the children's until 18. But I got to stay until 19. I feel special :)

The Kids hospital had meals for people at the Medical Day Clinic (out-patient clinic for oncology and hematology patients) and you got to choose if you wanted a free lunch or not (by asking the the ganitor/nurse/gopher.. They're called PSAs but I dunno what it stands for.. Patient Services.. ???).

Not bad living in canada. Free Health care, free food good education and good neighbours. (the USA :) ).

The only thing I found odd was that alaska belongs to the USA but it looks like it belongs to Canada. (if you look on the map with no border/colors that show seperate the countries.).

Found out that the queen of england gave it to the USA for some odd reason.. Even though the USA doesn't have any official relations with the Queen.

We have a house of commons who's board members get paid a hell of alot of money to do the same thing our senators do.. They vote on if the law "bill" is good or not (i.e to add or remove a law) and the House of commons does it again...

So we don't really need them, they're just there for good relations with the Queen (IMO).

em.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This started as a conversation about holloween, turned into hospital care and now its about teritory of Canada and the USA..

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 08:42
I don't think my med bills would sting quite as much if the company I worked for bothered to provide insurance. They don't. They're cheap. They suck.

As it is, I get to pay the whole bill myself, unless I can locate an assistance program for people whose cheap, penny-pinching employers don't care enough to provide medical insurance. I'm sure there are a few out there, so I'm not too worried.

I still want my omelet, though! :D

This started as a conversation about holloween, turned into hospital care and now its about teritory of Canada and the USA..

Just look how many different directions the Time Travel thread went in! We have yet to rival that! :D

Besides, I'm learning all this interesting stuff about Canadian government that they never taught us in school. :)

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 21:16
I know all about the USA insurance companies.

I saw John Q :)

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 21:18
Uhh...Who's that? :o :o :o

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 21:34
John Q isn't a who...

Well. No.. There's a John Q Public thats basicly another term for "John Doe" (how authorities call victims without I.D).

but the John Q im refering to is a movie.

It's about a father that works for some low type job, which provides insufficient medical insurance. He attends his son's baseball game and during the game, his son collapses on the ground. They rush to the emergency room and find out he has a bad heart (and requires a new one). But a heart transplant is very expensive and his job doesn't cover it (since the office changed insurance companies to lower costs).

So they (Father and Mother of the kid) try to raise lots of money for the operation.. They didn't get enough of it in time so the mother presures the father to do something.

The father tries to pleed to the administrator of the hospital with no success. So in search for options, he takes the hospital under hostage.(more like the emergency room).

Might as well go the rest of the way I guess....
SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

One of the hostages (hired a prostitute and are both hostages) tries to escape using a demolished pen as a knife and something else as mace (pepper spray.. but there are no pepper sprays in hospitals..).

The authorites send in a sniper, who fails to snipe the father, and then becomes a hostage.

Lots of sad stuff happens which eventually leaves only one option for the father... to give his heart to his son. So he takes out a bullet (the magazine was empty, he only thought about shooting himself) and loads his gun.

At the last second, they find a donnor and the day is saved.

The movie ends with the father, mother and son in court (charges about hostages and other stuff) most of the charges are dropped execpt for the hostage thing (even thought the hostages didnt press charges..) and he gets 3 years in jail with chance of probation in 2 years (i think).

Good movie :)

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 21:38
Sounds good. I might just have to look that one up.

...even if I already know how it ends...;) :D

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 21:41
i strongly recommend it. its a very good movie.

Enough is another good movie, with Jenifer Lopez.

She maries a rich guy who cheats on her and she finds out. When she and her daughter try to flee, he becomes violent. They eventually make it away but he's not giving up.

She learns how to defend herself and makes a stand.

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 21:44
And suddenly it became a "Good Movies!" thread. :cool:

I'll keep an eye out for that one, too. Any further suggestions, while we're chatting about films?? :D

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 21:47
Mr. Deeds.
Spider-man.

Insomnia's story wasn't bad. You might enjoy it. I found the movie itself to be horrible though.. I just cant picture Robin Williams as a bad guy. I've seen too many of his comedy movies :)

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 21:54
AAAAGHH!! I WANNA SEE SPIDER-MAN!!

Everybody that I've heard from said it was great! Everybody my dad has heard from said it was cheesy. So which is it? I wanna see it either way. :D

Haven't seen Mr Deeds yet, either... :o

mrdefender
3rd Nov 2002, 23:05
Spider-man is great.

No offense but your dad wouldn't see greatness if it knocked on the door :D (joke... joke..)

Spider-man did more monney than SW Episode 1 at the box office.

It's a great movie! The only non-comic book thing in the movie I saw was that Peter Parker had organic webbing (in commic books, parker recieved the knowledge of how to make webbing) but it adds a nice twist to it.

He's probobly the super-hero that people can relate the most to.

Superman? Alien. If you can relate to that... ??

Batman? Parents died, left a fortune to the kid, Avenged his parents and made lots of gadgets. No one notices that the only person in gotham that can afford to be batman, is batman. :/

X-men. Mutants.. Doubt that most people can relate. But the "feared by many" would relate to many people.

Spider-man? Teenager, going thru teanager problems (bullies, girls, "nerd" stuff. Changing into a man (in this case, a spider-man). Parents died, uncle died. trying to get a job.

Before and in the begining of his transition, he's an average and ordinary kid. but turns to crime fighting on the same premise that batman did.

Here's my perfect super hero:

Superman's Invulnerability, Spider-man's powers, Batman's hideout and gagets/vehicles and utility belt (thats awesome).

Looks like spider-man but with a cape and a belt.

I would probobly not use the vehicles if I could web swing across the city. It must be a hell of a rush (not to mention the scenary)

Rook
3rd Nov 2002, 23:20
No offense but your dad wouldn't see greatness if it knocked on the door (joke... joke..)

True, sometimes... ;)

Batman? Parents died, left a fortune to the kid, Avenged his parents and made lots of gadgets. No one notices that the only person in gotham that can afford to be batman, is batman. :/

ROTFL All too true!! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen002.gif

I would probobly not use the vehicles if I could web swing across the city. It must be a hell of a rush (not to mention the scenary)

You got that right! That would be pretty cool! :cool:

I still wanna see Spidey... :(

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 05:39
i can give u the official movie site, might calm down those spidey cravings :)

http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com/

(its "officialy" www.sony.com/spider-man but it brings you to the first one)

Rook
4th Nov 2002, 05:42
Coolness! Thanks a bunch!

Actually, my dad asked me, a short time after my previous post, if I would like to go see it tonight and I said no. If he's already convinced the movie would suck, I don't think I want to bother sitting through it while he sits next to me and groans about it. :D

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 05:48
???

The movie is out on DVD.. where would you go to watch it??

It cant be still playing at theaters.

no ... wait... titanic stayed on theaters for most of the year..

Rook
4th Nov 2002, 05:54
I think it's still playing at the cheap-o theaters that only charge $2.75 a ticket. They usually keep popular movies at those places for awhile after the videos come out.

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 05:56
wow. spiderman got out of theaters over 3 months now here in ottawa.

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 05:57
:D :D :D

we've been talking for the last 2 pages :) (10/page)

Rook
4th Nov 2002, 06:07
I noticed that. It is a bit quiet in this corner of the forums, isn't it? :D

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 06:17
I know :(

I can only think of 4 posibilities

1) The Project Eden Community is "dead" or "dying" due to the lack of sales the game recieved (which maggie said way way back).

2) Some people who have PE don't know about these forums.

3) Some of the forum members just don't have alot of time to post.

4) It's late and normal people are in bed :D

:o~ im tired :o~

take care and i c u 2morrow.

Rook
4th Nov 2002, 06:24
Nighty night. Come back soon... :)

How about a little soft harp music? http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/musik/musik023.gif

mrdefender
4th Nov 2002, 18:59
<kisckh> <kisckh> <kisckh>

Stop!!!! The Glass!!! ITS BREAKING THE GLASS!!!!

runs and ducks for cover

PS: (you try and type the sound of glass breaking ;) )

mrdefender
5th Nov 2002, 02:56
Hey! Tell this to your dad:

According to Washington Post (washingtonpost.com), Spider-man sold 7 million DVDs and Video (cassetts)!!

Its on track for becoming the best seller of all times!

Talk about scaling to new hights :)

Rook
5th Nov 2002, 06:53
To which he would reply, "Yeah, but Titanic was a big money deal, and I didn't like that."

I'd have to agree with him on that one. I thought the acting was rather flat. ;)

I still wanna see Spidey, though!! :D

mrdefender
5th Nov 2002, 18:33
Titanic made monney for people who were alive during the real tragedy. I guess it was like saving private ryan.

Maybe he'd like blair witch? I hear its a terrible movie that 99.9% tought was terribly made.

Did he like matrix? Comeon. If you don't like matrix, ur crazy! The first movie to use bullet time!! Come on!!

Not to mention the crouching backwards at the knee to avoid bullets that Keanu Reeves did was awesome!

The Jodo fight scene between Neo and the Leader guy was just awesome!

Rook
6th Nov 2002, 07:14
Yes! He did like the Matrix! But, then, whether you're a sci-fi fan or not, it's impossible to see that movie and not like it.;) Heck, I have to like it for the very fact that there was an actual plot to go with all those flashy, groundbreaking visual effects! How often does that happen in Hollywood, an "effects movie" with a real storyline?! :D

I didn't care for Titanic for the same reason my dad didn't. It has some very slow, and rather boring parts, Leonardo DiCaprio isn't my idea of a good actor, and, in spite of the grand amounts of money that went into the film's making, the real sets looked very cheap. The computer animated stuff was OK, but that hardly held the film for me...

mrdefender
6th Nov 2002, 18:44
I liked the girl. I found she played her role very well. (according to my grand parents...).

I only heard about the titanic and what happend. A boat that could never sink hit an iceberg and ... well.. sank :)

The plans for the boat were scientificly correct. If there wouldve been 1 less chamber filled with water, they wouldve been ok.

(remember? we can stay afloat with 5 but not 6) (or 1 but not 2, 2 or not 3, etc..)

Rook
7th Nov 2002, 09:00
Woohoo! I have finally seen SPIDEY!!

I didn't go to the movies (though, as I suspected, it is still playing at the cheap-o theaters). I just ended up buying a copy of it. Anyway, it's pretty cool. It jumps around a bit, and I'd probably have to watch it again, just to get a better feel for the film (I usually have to see a movie twice to reeeally like it). But, all in all, it wasn't too bad. My dad watched it with me and, as expected, I don't think he was quite as impressed with it as I was. He'll probably have to give it a second viewing, too.;)

He did point out something that I noticed, which is that quite a lot of the effects obviously borrowed ideas from other films like the Matrix (but, then again, everybody is trying to copy that style;)), Superman, etc. Doesn't necessarily bother me, it was just something rather noticeable...

As I said, though, I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow! :D

Edit: Oopsie! This doesn't seem to have much to do with your previous post...Uhhhhh....TITANIC!......errrrrrr.....I'm sure glad I wasn't there! :eek: ;) :D

mrdefender
7th Nov 2002, 18:02
Well, Matrix did usher (?) in a new age for movies. Youve got to admit that the bullet time was awesome.

I think thats why max payne (game) was such a hit. Its the only game (i know of) that has bullet-time in it. IT ROCKS!

Its available for PC and PS2 i believe. (if someone was interested in acquiring it).

Rook
8th Nov 2002, 06:48
Yeah, but just about everybody has tried to copy elements of the Matrix (even if they're humorous references to it). It just starts to look a bit odd when it seems that everybody is copying that style--like they don't have any other ideas or something.

Blood Omen 2 even seemed to use a bit of that. If you used a "Berserk" attack on an enemy, you'd get sort of a slow-motion bullet-time-style finishing move. It looks rather cool in-game. I think they even have an example of it on one of the trailers.

mrdefender
8th Nov 2002, 17:56
Really? Beserk in UT2003 makes you shoot faster.

Rook
9th Nov 2002, 06:48
Berserk in Blood Omen 2 is a series of fast attacks (either bare-handed or using a weapon), the very last of which is followed by a Matrix-style camera swing around the enemy which pretty much shows them biting the dust in slow motion. It is rather nifty, but it doesn't happen every time you use Berserk.

Wonder if I can find that trailer.....

mrdefender
9th Nov 2002, 18:05
Ah yes. StarWars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast has that feature.

I turned it off. (Since I used god mode and it did a slow motion effect for EVERY bad guy I killed with my lightsaber. Its too cool a weapon to not use it)

Rook
9th Nov 2002, 21:26
Heehee Probably another game I'll have to look into acquiring.:D

I did get a chance to watch Spider-Man again, by the way. I was right. It was better the second time.:cool:

Gonna be painful waiting until 2004 for the next one, though. AARGH!

mrdefender
9th Nov 2002, 21:41
I know :(

2002 is Nemesis!! The final movie from Star trek TNG cast. :(

2003 is Matrix 2 and 3 (I think they're all sequels)

2004 is Spider-man 2 (Apparently, harry osborn becomes green goblin in this one. I would've thought they'd put more vilans in before bringing in Green Goblin Junior into production).

2005 is Episode 3!! The final movie in the Starwars Saga! This outta be a ass kicking movie! Although, we all know how its gonna end ;)

I can't believe they're releasing matrix 2 and 3 almost one after the other.

Rook
9th Nov 2002, 21:50
Woohoo! At least we've got a few movies to keep busy until the next Spidey comes out. The next X-Men movie is also in there somewhere, and they're churning out a bunch of other comic-book-based films. I just hope they do them well. I mean the ultimate aim of most villains in comic books is to basically rule the world. How do you make that look different with each movie so that they don't all seem to be copies of eachother. I didn't think X-Men did too badly with that premise, considering the limited budget and everything...

mrdefender
9th Nov 2002, 22:07
I know, During the previews of Spider-man (the "comming soon" before the movie) I saw a preview for The Hulk. It looked like the guy who plays Xander on Buffy TVS.

But the preview suggested that he became the hulk simply by anger and wasn't caused by an accident. (while the comic/cartoons suggest it was a radiation experiment gone bad and he turns into the hulk when angry.)

I.E If you get mad enough, you become Hulk.

Rook
9th Nov 2002, 22:34
Whoa! Wait a minute! "Xander" is playing the Hulk?! Oh, now I know I don't want to see it! Then again, he's gotta do better than Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno. :eek: :D

Never was much of an Incredible Hulk fan, anyway. I always liked the X-Men (and the various other X-comics that sprung from them), Spider-Man, and maybe a couple others that aren't coming to mind right offhand. I really wish Venom and Carnage were going to be part of the next Spidey film. Maybe they'll be in the one after that, but who really wants to wait until 2006?!

mrdefender
10th Nov 2002, 01:29
well. I'm sure we'll see venom some time. Remember? In the scene parker goes visit James Jonah Jameson, they speak about "getting good pictures of spider-man" and JJ mention's eddie brock.

So theres a good chance venom will make an aperance.. -some time-

I wasn't much of a fan for comic books but I enjoyed the cartons of X-men, Superman, Spiderman and Batman.

Especially the 60s batman (Adam West). Ofcourse, they were reruns (me being born in 1983.. 20 years after it started). I found some parts a bit odd

I know batman was a scientist but some things were just wierd. He has a pill for everything.

Stuff Like "I'll take a Bat Incase Catwomen uses her catnip on me while penguin hits me with his umbrella while I dodge Freeze's freeze ray"...

The 60s batmobile was sharp.

Rook
10th Nov 2002, 01:56
Yep, I love my X-Men cartoons (though I'm not quite as much of a fan of the current ones), and Spider-Man was too cool (I guess they've got a new cartoon out for him, too). I never could see far enough past Batman's huge chin to really enjoy the cartoons, though. ;) :D

And Gambit is my dude! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/cool/cool001.gif

mrdefender
10th Nov 2002, 05:41
You'd think he wouldve been in the movie. Not to mention the 2nd one.

He was there from the begining (cartoons). and making cards explode shouldn't be too hard compared to the other stuff movie makers did. (like matrix) or web-swinging thru new york.

Rook
10th Nov 2002, 05:43
Whoa! Wait a minute! I haven't really checked the sites or anything. You mean Gambit isn't in the upcoming X-Men film, either?!:eek:

That truly sucks... :mad:

mrdefender
10th Nov 2002, 05:50
No. Well. Last I heard.

This is what I can c from the official webiste for the 2nd movie.
http://www.x-men-the-movie.com/

Nightcrawler
William Stryker (?)
Lady DeathStryke (?)
Iceman
Pyro

I got to the cast and crew by going to "Cerebro"

Rook
10th Nov 2002, 05:53
Well, at least they've got Nightcrawler in it. He's another one of my faves!

That still ticks me off about Gambit, though... :(

Thankya for the link! :D

mrdefender
10th Nov 2002, 05:57
What's nightcrawler again? It doesnt come to mind :(

I'm picturing a animal humanoid thing but thats about it.

Rook
10th Nov 2002, 06:02
He's the German dude that was very religious, even though he looked rather demonic. He's blue (according to the cartoons, he's Mystique's son), has pointed ears, cloven hands/feet (what is it with me and guys with those kinds of features?:rolleyes: ), a prehensile tail, and the ability to teleport. Also rather agile. :D

mrdefender
10th Nov 2002, 16:49
sounds neat. shouldnt be hard to put in the movies. Startrek has people beaming in and out.

Rook
10th Nov 2002, 20:55
I just checked IMDB, and I guess they're supposed to have Pyro and Shadowcat in it as well. I hope it's at least as good as the first film, if not better. As I say though, it's rather difficult to make a "new" film when the basis of any comic-based film (or just about any other action film, for that matter), is some big bad villain trying to take over the world. :)

Oh, and try this... Nightcrawler (http://www.marvelmagic.com/Finals/Nightcrawler.jpg) It seems that's just about the only decent pic I can find, apart from a couple of pretty good fanarts. Even the pic from the 1996 collector cards (which I have a collection of just about all of--and I reeeeally want the ones I'm missing) didn't look very good. I could do better artwork than that, and I suck at artsy stuff...

Nightcrawler kinda reminds me of Raziel with a tail and no wings. LOL ;)

mrdefender
11th Nov 2002, 03:13
I LOVED the first movie! It rocked.

I also enjoyed those specials they had on the xmen universe (kinda like a behind the scenes whith senator kelly fighting for mutant registrations)

Rook
11th Nov 2002, 03:16
I loved the first movie, too! Hugh Jackman as Wolverine was PERFECT!! :cool:

mrdefender
11th Nov 2002, 03:19
I wanted to see rogue like in the cartoons (fly and super strenght) that wouldve been nice.

Jubilee was planed for the 1rst movie. If you have the DVD you can take a look at the deleted scenes and you'll see she's in there (even looks like the cartoon one). No powers though..

Rook
11th Nov 2002, 03:26
Yeah, I wanted to see Rogue do all her trademark moves, too. I wonder if they'll change how she gets those abilities, or if it will even be addressed in the next film.

And it kind of sucks that they haven't even had Beast in any of the films! Where's he at?!

I thought Marcus Chong (Tank from the Matrix) would have made a good Beast. Paint him blue, give him a little fur here and there, some glasses and BANG! Perfecto! :D

mrdefender
11th Nov 2002, 05:44
:eek: I completley forgot about Beast :(

What about Morph? Well. I guess mystique kind of fills that spot..

what about the big purple guy? The "Sentinels" (i think)'s leader. Apocalypse?

Rook
11th Nov 2002, 08:07
Heck, I forgot about Morph! I can't believe that! :o

Yeah, you've got your Apocalypse, your Mr Sinister (an ok name in a comic book, but it seems funny if it is ever used in a film--they should just shorten it to Sinister or something), your Haven, your...oh well...why list them all? I wonder if they'll ever have a film where the cover the whole Legacy Virus thing, or have Warlock in any of the movies. I'd love to see how they make Warlock a character in an X-Movie. He'd probably have to be entirely computer animated.

mrdefender
11th Nov 2002, 18:18
warlock? sounds like something out of diablo..

Rook
12th Nov 2002, 07:45
Warlock's profile is HERE (http://mutanthigh.dnsart.com/warlock.html) in case you're interested. As I say, it would be rather interesting to see him included in an X-Movie.:D

This is actually the first I've seen of this particular X-Men site. It's pretty cool! They've got bios for almost every character. I'm adding this baby to my Favorites!! :eek: :D

mrdefender
12th Nov 2002, 17:46
sounds good.

Rook
15th Nov 2002, 10:46
And what about Angel?! They're not even going to have Angel in an X-Movie? He was an original team character! :eek:

mrdefender
16th Nov 2002, 01:50
He was? Althought when it played, the local channel played tv shows in random.

Rook
16th Nov 2002, 08:03
Yep! I think the original team was something like:

Cyclops
Jean Grey (Marvel Girl, I believe)
Angel
Beast
Iceman

Which is why I find it odd that neither Beast nor Angel are anywhere to be found in the films so far. It would be rather entertaining to see someone dressed up like Beast.:D

mrdefender
16th Nov 2002, 17:59
What about jubilee? rogue?

Rook
17th Nov 2002, 05:31
I think they came later, as did Storm, Gambit, and Wolverine. Then again, when the X-Men first came out, Beast wasn't blue or furry. :D

mrdefender
17th Nov 2002, 23:07
:eek:

That's hard to imagine :/ (beast not beast..)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 02:52
And here he is...

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Miscellaneous/beast.jpg

I think I like the blue, furry Beast better. :D

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 02:57
LOL!!! You're right. Blue and Fuzzy is better :)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 03:03
Then again, it's good to remember that that image came from the late 60s or early 70s when the comic began. :)

At least he had clothes on back then. Now he just runs around in his trademark X-briefs. :D

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 03:24
Oh. I thought he was non blue fuzzy in the cartoons.

:o~ few

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 03:27
I'm just wondering how they explained his color change and fur in later comics. I'm sure it was probably referred to as a latent effect of his mutation or something, but that would be rather interesting to look up... :)

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 03:35
I saw it on one of those spider-man meet x-men cartoons. Spider-man is gonna change into a spider (gets another 4 arms and looks like a spider) so he goes to see proffessor x.

I think beast found out his mutation (before mutating) and was trying to "cure" it. but infact, accelerated the process drastically.

Hmm. I'm gonna have to check my post per day ratio after over 30 mins of discussion :)

739 posts with 5.50 ppd.

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 03:40
Mine's 7.55 :eek:

Well, at least I do remember the thing about Spider-Man turning into a spider. That was weird. Kinda glad that wasn't included in the film. Hope they don't put it in any of the future ones, either. I kind of like the fact that he just got a lot of coveniently useful (and cool looking!) abilities from a spider bite with no apparent adverse side effects. ;)

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 05:36
What about those gewy web pods. Or sticky hands :)

Lol :)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 05:41
Web pods? Sticky hands? Where was that at? Why don't I remember those?! :eek:

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 06:21
Web Glands. Was trying to remember the word glands so I said Pod.

Sticky hands? Easy. When he's running with the bus for the 2nd time, the banner rips and a piece of it stays on his hand.

The fork in the cafeteria. (atleast, i think its a fork..)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 06:32
Ohhh those! Had me confused for a minute...:o

LOL I remember when I first heard about the movie, and they mentioned the "sticky hands" thing. I had this horrifying mental image of a guy with some kind of gluey stuff on his hands. EEK! I like the way they did it, and I'm glad it was nothing like it sounded. :D

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 06:35
i think the term is more grapply hands. but its the same thing. The hands stick to stuff. (so they're sticky).

Same difference :)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 09:52
True. I'm just relieved that they weren't the crazy glue kind of "sticky". Just imagine Spider-Man swinging around with MJ with his hands like that! Ewww!! :eek:

I much prefer the retractable little hooks effect. :D

mrdefender
19th Nov 2002, 00:37

Rook
19th Nov 2002, 07:20
Showing off that fine dental work again? :p

mrdefender
19th Nov 2002, 22:50
no... :)

:D is like laughing (or so I think) so I was :D when I imagined spider-man's "climb walls" ability powered by super glue :)

so that + :) = :D

Rook
20th Nov 2002, 09:56
I know. I was just joking. :p

Wouldn't super glue just make him stick in one place permanently? That would suck... ;) :D

mrdefender
20th Nov 2002, 20:38
Well.. All that super strenght should make it easy for him to get unstuck :)

Rook
21st Nov 2002, 07:45
Yeah, but using superstrength to un-stick from a wall would sorta tear up his palms. ;) :D

mrdefender
21st Nov 2002, 19:51
Or tears up the wall :)

Then he can use his web to either pull the broken wall from falling onto someone (like in the movie) or make a web net. :)

Rook
22nd Nov 2002, 07:16
True. But I'd still have reservations about falling for a superhero with permanently sticky hands. :eek:

mrdefender
22nd Nov 2002, 18:15
A Super hero is a super hero I guess.

Besides, I thought women liked men in uniforms :)

Rook
23rd Nov 2002, 07:05
Uniforms are one thing, tights are quite another... ;) http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen002.gif

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 01:33
really.... :D

What about Tight uniforms :D

EDIT: I just noticed something. I forgot to put the a in about so i had to "edit" the post, it then brings me back to the topic and shows my post. It didn't show the "last edited" info in itallic...

How long after the post has been made does the "last edited" show up?

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 02:30
Tight uniforms? It depends on the physique, I guess. ;)

I think the EDIT thing gives you maybe a minute after your initial post to make corrections without the "last edited" thingy showing up at the bottom of your post. I don't know why, though.

:)

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 06:52
Well. It does bring u back to the topic and to your new post.. so I'm guessing you can see if you made typos or forgot something..

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 10:22
But isn't that what the Preview Reply button is for?

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 21:01
I guess some people dont use it.

I dont. I dont care if I make typos (depending on how bad they are).

technically, "u" is a typo :) you're missing the yo :)

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 22:32
Well, stupid me, I only just figured out that it was there a few days ago, even though it's been staring me in the face since day one on these new forums... :o

Oops! Over 100! Put the last word in, Defender, and we'll retire the thread. ;) :D

mrdefender
25th Nov 2002, 04:37
Oh. em. hmm. Eh.. lemme think.. err.. em.. OH!

Happy Belated Holloween! :)

How's that? :)