PDA

View Full Version : Need to erase a saved game

Jedilvr
29th Oct 2002, 05:13
Could someone please tell me how to erase a saved game from the PC version? Thank You in advanced.

4Eyes
29th Oct 2002, 07:29
Why delete it if you can just overwrite it with a different save.

If you really want to delete it, you could check around in the Commandos 2 folder in Windows, see if there's a savagame file there that corresponds with the one you want to delete in the game (Date & Time match up, for example). Then just click it once and press the delete button on your keyboard or rightclick and select delete.

1shot1kill
29th Oct 2002, 13:54
The problem is that ingame it will still be in your list but you can't load it.

4Eyes
29th Oct 2002, 14:49
Then just overwrite it with a new Save Game and you shouldn't have anymore problems, right?

Jedilvr
29th Oct 2002, 15:39
I'm sorry I should have been more specific. The reason I want to delete them and not just overwrite them is because I want to shorten my list. Thank you both for your help, but I guess I'll just live with it as it is. Thank You.

rickter
29th Oct 2002, 20:37
if you wanted to save disk space you could just remove the files but they will still show up on the list. in order to shorten the list, you have to hex edit that other file (profile.dat or something, i can't remember) and delete the name of save game from the list.