PDA

View Full Version : End of Final Fantasy?

Dark One
28th Oct 2002, 16:00
I heard that Square was not going to be making any more Final Fantasy's after 11. Please say I was wildly miss informed. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase!!

King_Ultima
28th Oct 2002, 20:21
dont worry, they are already developing a ff12 so they will stay for a while :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rengar
28th Oct 2002, 20:54
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,562386,00.html

Speaks for itself......

Dark One
28th Oct 2002, 21:22
Whew, that's a relief. It also explains the thing I saw comparing Yuna to Lara Croft. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Alias
29th Oct 2002, 02:46
Originally posted by Dark One
Whew, that's a relief. It also explains the thing I saw comparing Yuna to Lara Croft. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Hey I want ot see that, Yuna Vs. Lara, who will win? Were did you hear that? I don't know Yuna's 'charactor' but I do know Lara's.

Alias 56

Rengar
30th Oct 2002, 03:54
Think there was a discussion on Qhimm's forum....pictures of Yuna looking a lot like Lara.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=1614

TiadaghtonDude
11th Nov 2002, 05:14
The Final Fantasy series ended a long time ago . . .

Solaris
13th Nov 2002, 01:09
Yuna vs. Lara?

Yuna of course would win, she would shiva no better bahamut and BOOM lara and her uzis are gone! But make sure you dont tell Lara that:D

Dell
13th Nov 2002, 23:10
Please, oh please don't say it is over! Aeris and Cloud and RedXIII and Barret and....they all live on in my heart and mind. A grand experience like that simply does not die!

Come on guys....be honest, wasn't that game and this forum and the people you met here- -and loved and hated- -a neat part of your own memory book?

Chilled Unit
17th Nov 2002, 00:27
What is hard to believe is that it's 5 years since FFVII's release (playstation). It really doesn't seem like five years since I was wrapped up in that story. None of the subsequent FF's clicked with me until FFX, which I think is the best of the bunch, and I personally got more wrapped up with the characters and the adventure of FFX than FFVII, but it's a close call between the two.

I'm glad that a sequel to FFX is coming out, although slightly dubious about the whole concept of sequels, and there are rumors of a FFVII sequel too. The confirmed details for the sequel to FFX seem to suggest that not all the characters will be making a return, and if the rumors of a FFVII sequel turn out to be true, then I would expect a similar tack to be taken, and I would expect Red XIII to be a major character if not the lead. If they are going to go down this road in the future Square need to be canny, and make the sequels different enough to not spoil the golden memories of our favourite games. Which begs the question, if they need to go to all that bother to create a sequel distinct enough from the original, why not just do another wholly original game?

And after all, FF: Crystal Chronicle is coming soon too.

4Eyes
18th Nov 2002, 07:40
Yeah, and there's also another Square project announced for GameCube, besides Crystal Chronicle. Nobody really knows what it's going to be like yet, but rumors abound.

Some say it's going to be a Kingdom Hearts-esque game, but with Nintendo characters alongside Square's, like Disney in KH. I don't know...All we can do is wait and see.

Dell
18th Nov 2002, 21:54
Well, if there is a FFVII sequel, I will be standing in line to buy it...in fact, I will probably preorder it from Amazon!

Am I a staunch fan, or what?:cool:

ragged_brute
1st Dec 2002, 00:00
I've lost my copy of the game god dammit. Now i have to get 15 quid to buy another one. Has any one got aeris to survive, i've tried it so many times and it's never worked :(

Arkron
1st Dec 2002, 11:22
Originally posted by ragged_brute
Has any one got aeris to survive, i've tried it so many times and it's never worked :(

:rolleyes:

larafan88
3rd Dec 2002, 01:07
About the thing with Yuna looking like Lara in her upcoming main role in Final Fantasy X-2...I also think she resembels Lara, but don't at the same time. Yes, she is wearing the little shorts, carring around pistols, and now supports a long ponytail (much like Miss Croft)...oh wait, that sounds A LOT like Lara. But I'm not acussing them of copying Lara because I think Yuna is TOTALLY different and I am quite frankly VERY suprised with Yuna's new look after seeing her co-star in Final Fantasy X. She seemed so gentle and kind and looked like a very peaceful woman who wouldn't dare to wear clothes like that. But I'm very interested to see the new storyline. I really think it is time they made a female-dominant Final Fantasy.

Arkron
3rd Dec 2002, 07:58
While I agree a women dominant FF game may be nice, I'd rather that they use someone else then Yuna, for it has not been practice yet to recycle characters from old FF games and use them in new ones. (and for now, I count FFX-2 to be a new FF game). The new characters/settings and stories in each game are one of the best points imo.

NEO_SEPHIROTH
4th Dec 2002, 08:09
hmm...I agree...definately it was one of the strogest points of the games...starting off each game with completely new charas and stories and such kind of makes each one unique...but if FFX-2 is a sequal then maybe square could get away with not having to make all new characters...its really up to what you think...

BDA7DD
18th Dec 2002, 08:51
Originally posted by ragged_brute
Has any one got aeris to survive, i've tried it so many times and it's never worked :(

No, but I have found the secret character known as The Butcher!

:D:D:D

(Props to those who still remember the whole Butcher thing.)

Arkron
18th Dec 2002, 21:59
Remember? I was the one who first posted the guide on how to get him ;)

TiadaghtonDude
7th Jan 2003, 06:27
To get the Butcher:

Make sure you DO NOT sell the original Bronze Bangle that Cloud has equiped at the beginning of the game. Leave it on him until you sell all of the other ones you have, because you MUST have that exact Bronze Bangle

You must have Barret in your party whenever possible.

Also, you CANNOT buy ANY Chocobo Stables.

Fight the Lost Number Directly after meeting Sephiroth in the Shinra Mansion, when he gives you the Destruct Materia. DO NOT get Vincent afterward. Leave the door locked.

Right before you fight Hojo, put the Buster sword and the bronze bangle you saved from the beginning back on Cloud. Fight Hojo with these equipped, and then once you are on disk three, go to the Shinra Mansion (Cloud must still be wearing the bronze bangle and the Buster Sword) and open the coffin Vincent is found in. Instead of Vincent, the Butcher will pop out.

The Butcher hates Chocobos, and will chop them up whenever he sees them. Take him to the Chocobo farm, it's pretty funny!

---Edit---

D#mmit!! I just revived a dead topic . . .

oh well . . .

Zoolander
19th Jan 2003, 10:34
Originally posted by TiadaghtonDude
To get the Butcher:

Make sure you DO NOT sell the original Bronze Bangle that Cloud has equiped at the beginning of the game. Leave it on him until you sell all of the other ones you have, because you MUST have that exact Bronze Bangle

You must have Barret in your party whenever possible.

Also, you CANNOT buy ANY Chocobo Stables.

Fight the Lost Number Directly after meeting Sephiroth in the Shinra Mansion, when he gives you the Destruct Materia. DO NOT get Vincent afterward. Leave the door locked.

Right before you fight Hojo, put the Buster sword and the bronze bangle you saved from the beginning back on Cloud. Fight Hojo with these equipped, and then once you are on disk three, go to the Shinra Mansion (Cloud must still be wearing the bronze bangle and the Buster Sword) and open the coffin Vincent is found in. Instead of Vincent, the Butcher will pop out.

The Butcher hates Chocobos, and will chop them up whenever he sees them. Take him to the Chocobo farm, it's pretty funny!

---Edit---

D#mmit!! I just revived a dead topic . . .

oh well . . .

That's the biggest load of Chocobo ***** I've ever heard.